Spirit Blade Mountain

Anybody read this LN yet? and is it worth me reading it?

Comments

• edited April 10
    Fndmaioli said:
    Finished reading it, totally worth it. The romance is more evident in the later books but the basis for the relationship is built throughout the novel. Also, this is not a harem so +1 for OTP readers!
    Just to know, did you read it in chinese? I could find just 25 chapters translated to english and the translated Manhua is more advanced in the storyline.
    Qidian has up to chapter 46 translated into English on their website.

https://www.webnovel.com/book/6831839002000405

• edited April 10
    Fndmaioli said:
    Finished reading it, totally worth it. The romance is more evident in the later books but the basis for the relationship is built throughout the novel. Also, this is not a harem so +1 for OTP readers!
    Just to know, did you read it in chinese? I could find just 25 chapters translated to english and the translated Manhua is more advanced in the storyline.
    Qidian has up to chapter 46 translated into English on their website.

https://www.webnovel.com/book/6831839002000405

• Haven't read the LN, but did watch the first episode of the anime.  Didn't seem too interesting though.
  • thkvl said:

Haven't read the LN, but did watch the first episode of the anime.  Didn't seem too interesting though.

Yeah the anime wasn't really that good. Even the first 3 chapters of the novel is better than the anime. He wasn't a jokester.
  • Finished reading it, totally worth it. The romance is more evident in the later books but the basis for the relationship is built throughout the novel. Also, this is not a harem so +1 for OTP readers!
  • Is the OTP the girl in the tavern in the beginning of the story?
  • No, its the teacher. Wang Lu and the Teacher have a backstory which i dont think im gonna reveal
  • No, its the teacher. Wang Lu and the Teacher have a backstory which i dont think im gonna reveal

It's a spoiler thread : ((
  • Can someone link me the translation please?
  • Taryn said:

No, its the teacher. Wang Lu and the Teacher have a backstory which i dont think im gonna reveal

It's a spoiler thread : ((
    Well basically the teacher is the way she is right now (shameless, borrows money but never returns the money, swearing out loud, etc) is because she lost her lover 150 years ago. Wang Lu is the reincarnation of her lover. Wang Lu regains his memories of his past life through reliving it along side his past life. The reincarnation business is basically like Harutora from Tokyo Ravens. Wang Lu is Ouyang (lover) while at the same time he is different which cause confusion in the teacher's mind but she soon comes in terms with it as her relationship with Wang Lu was already really close before even knowing he is Ouyang. To clarify the teacher loves both Wang Lu and Ouyang but loves Wang Lu which is shown when she told Ouyang (illusion) in the tournament that she now has a lover better looking than he was and bids him farewell. They are married (it is implied as Wang Lu told the explorer that his wife hid all the valuable products and the only person who can be so shameless is the teacher) by the last chapter.
  • So how did Ouyang die usually when I see that name especially in wuxia tv shows. They're always the villain so I'm not sure what that name means in Chinese.
  • There was a huge calamity in Spirit Blade Mountain during the Golden Era which killed most people. Ouyang was killed by the demon who are one of the most ancient beings in the novel.
  • Does Wang Lu have a harem or just the teacher?
  • No harem, but a lot of girls like him he just doesnt reciprocate them
  • edited February 2016
    Anyone know if there's a release schedule for the novel translations?
  • What happens to the servant boy afterwords? does he become a villain?i have currently watched 7 episodes of d anime, so I'm a little confused.
  • What happens to the servant boy afterwords? does he become a villain?i have currently watched 7 episodes of d anime, so I'm a little confused.
    I haven't seen the anime but is it really a boy. I read that he shouldnt be trusted in the novel. 
    He's not that important in the story honestly since things elevate to a level where he cant even participate in
  • Finished reading it, totally worth it. The romance is more evident in the later books but the basis for the relationship is built throughout the novel. Also, this is not a harem so +1 for OTP readers!
    Hi can you please tell where i can read it. Please add the link
  • dragomir said:
    Hi can you please tell where i can read it. Please add the link
    I'm not do the work for you, theres the chinese name on the translator's website. Copy that onto google and ta-da!
  • So, this is more of a romance novel rather than a cultivation, martial arts, wuxia/xianxia battles genre? Only watched the anime and so far only events pertaining to the sect is shown. 
  • More of a cultivation novel but you do see their relationship progress throughout the novel. The teacher struggles to figure out her feelings for the MC as the MC is both her current lover and her past lover's reincarnation. The MC regains his memories but he still knows that he is not exactly who he was in the past which confuses the teacher. It does get solved tho and they are implied to have been married at the epilogue.
  • edited May 2016
    1. Can anyone tell me the teacher's name? She's Obu in the anime, but I don't think it's the same in the novel?
    2. Around what chapter does Wang Lu regain his memories?

Oh yeah now that I thought about it, I think the anime kind of followed the manhua which is why Wang Lu's such a jokester in the anime as compared to the LN
  • Ashes said:
    1. Can anyone tell me the teacher's name? She's Obu in the anime, but I don't think it's the same in the novel?

Oh yeah now that I thought about it, I think the anime kind of followed the manhua which is why Wang Lu's such a jokester in the anime as compared to the LN
    Actually Wang Lu is still a jokester in the novel just a little more tame. I think her name was "the king of swords" or something like that. He regains his memories after going into the past around volume 9 or 10
  • Ashes said:

Actually Wang Lu is still a jokester in the novel just a little more tame. I think her name was "the king of swords" or something like that. He regains his memories after going into the past around volume 9 or 10
    Thanks!
  • Can  we please have a link of the LN translation? Thank you
  • edited May 2016
    the teacher is it sister wu ? http://mangafox.me/manga/spirit_blade_mountain/c001/3.html
    cause i just read the manga till now and i like this character so i think about to start reading the novel^^
  • Sekeis said:
    the teacher is it sister wu ? http://mangafox.me/manga/spirit_blade_mountain/c001/3.html
    cause i just read the manga till now and i like this character so i think about to start reading the novel^^
    Yes she is, however in the novel she has purple hair and wears less revealing clothing.
  • Who is Ouyang?