CSG Spoilers (chaotic sword god)

Any and all spoilers about CSG are appreciated :D

EDIT: Please feel free to ask any questions

Comments

• the biggest spoiler is about Jian Chen who duels with Dugu Qubai and they both kill each other... Jian gets reincarnated in another world, which uses martial in totally different way.
    he uses his knowledge from old world and add it from this world... he pretty much becomes a combination of Chufeng and Yun che.
    every city/country he goes to, he makes enemies and ends up wiping out many clans.
    gravitytranslations are doing good and fast job at this novel... so check them out.
  • what are the two lights in his dantian?
  • little hard to explain. they have connection to Chaos... somewhere aroudn few hundred chapters, he had life threatening experience and ended up breaking up his saint weapon (people who lose their saint weapon becomes cripple forever)... but instead of getting crippled, his soul changed and made him more powerful. (think Soul Mutation from Coiling dragon).
    these 2 lights turns into some sort of servant and help him refine n use chaotic energy. there is a reason why I said, he's combination of Chufeng and YunChe... :D
  • will his mom die?
  • no nothing big happened to his family.
    well I stopped reading at one point, by then he had eliminated and couple of countries next to his homeland. he had enough backing and power.
  • Those he hurt in school, their families had nothing to do with him ending up crippled? Did he marry the princess?
  • guyz can you write down about power levels in this CSG world ? (saint, grand saint and etc.) and about which chapters MC achives them . ( like saint at 63 chapter, grand saint at XX and so on.)
  • edited July 2015
    matssel said:

Those he hurt in school, their families had nothing to do with him ending up crippled? Did he marry the princess?

they didn't marry yet, but she was traveling with him for a time as his fiancee. any other claimant for her hand are pretty much crushed.
    No the families had nothing to do with it. It happened during his adventure, He bit off more than he could chew.

Sorry Jem1k0, it's hard to remember power levels in so many novels. and most are almost similar, so it often ended up confusing. I also read that novel long ago...
  • edited July 2015
    what? MC got crippled ? when why :(  and what about romance?
  • Biting of more than he could chew.. Outnumbered or someone stronger than him? Instead of becoming a cripple his soul mutate and he starts a new journey with an abnormal strength? Not that he didn't already have an abnormal amount of strength to begin with, and he got so much combat experience that probably even masters would envy him if they knew
  • jem1k0 said:

what? MC got crippled ? when why :(  and what about romance?

yeah... when he used ideas n techniques based on his previous world experience, experts believed them to be "Martial skills". This is something similar to Skills in Martial god asura. With a Martial skill, you can efficiently use ur powers and kill opponent beyond your power...
    they believed it because he was beating ppl who were beyond him in levels. So when an expert who was a realm above him ran after him, he ended falling from a cliff.
    then those two lights inside him evolved to become a sort of what eggy is to Chu feng. Instead those lights are like a servant serving him.
    pretty much they act like a saint weapon for him.
  • so it ended up like power up right?
  • yup... now he had a power that can destroy other people's saint weapons... using chaotic powers as a base, he built his body's natural toughness.
    unless there is a huge gap in power, other people's weapon can't hurt him... and his attack destroys their saint weapons... so it's win-win for him.
  • oh yes. and that 2 light in his dantian. they became 2 servants or 1 servant? and they are male, female,human or what?
  • 2 servants inside his dantian... they basically help him guide and absorb (refinging) in chaotic energies.
  • Thanks for the information on the 2 lights in his dantian guys. Does anyone know if he ever restores the light wind sword? It will be a shame if it's gone for good, seeing as how the author spent abit of time describing it both in his past life and present.
  • edited August 2015
    it's gone for good. though I stopped reading around few hundred chapters. he gets pretty damn strong by then
  • guys i got lost, at the translation the king order to bring the mc back to the palace, a couple of chapters later he is a mercenary... wtf? is that a problem of translation? the author just didnt know what to do with him? or am i so freaking tired that i dont understand what am i reading? XD
  • does he get a new type of sword, after he looses his saint weapon? or does he uses some type of swordless style like in katanagatari(JP anime)?
  • I read it long ago, so I don't exactly remember ... if I remember right then he uses sword like purple energy (same energy as one of the colors in his dantian)
    remember those 2 colored energies teaches and help him refine chaotic energies. When I stopped his body was strong enough to break saint weapons.
  • edited August 2015
    MAJOR SPOILERS HEHE

So, the mc's siblings all become super figures later on, (except for that brother that bullied him early on)
    He has a huge harem, and has laid down with two of them so far, both of them were kind of forced though. He has a kid with one of them, but he doesn't this cause she's avoiding him, haha.
    He establishes a city made out of the hardest material where his huge mercenary group is settled.
    His dad's side of the family is apparently a branch of one of the largest families on the continent and they try to use the mc cause he's strong af, but he doesn't care about them and basically cuts ties with all but a select few of them.
    His mom's side was also a big family but most of them were killed off (I don't really remember much about this part)
    So, his mom and dad are both killed while the mc is away somewhere and he comes back a few days later and stored them inside some ice coffins so that he can revive them later ( and he does)
    He has a companion that's called the Tianyi Tiger God or some shit like that which he has to carry around everywhere until it grows up, and once people figure out what the little cub really is, he has to flee to Poseidon's realm to hide for like 10 yrs.
    I've read up to like 1180 or so by using GT, soo, this might not be totally reliable info, but it's pretty legit.
    I feel kinda bad for spoiling you now >.< 
  • I remember reading about him meeting his maternal grand uncle... in fact he first fought him and then chased him after seeing a family tech... his siblings weren't even mentioned... his best friend (they call each other brothers) becomes super figures pretty much along with him. did this happen later on?
    by this time he already had that tiger cub for year or so...
  • edited August 2015
    Do you remember that the mc's sister ran away or something, and then she came back as a disciple of some Icegard sect? The brother(friend) that has a godly body is OP too, yes, but his actual blood brother, the one he also met in the sect lost all of his limbs and became a cripple until the mc healed him, and then one of the big sects picked him up because he had a special heart that made him indifferent to world.

The Kingdom was attacked by the surrounding Kingdoms cause the land is really fertile but its military strength is subpar. This is where the brother is crippled and hung up on a wall until the mc saves him and fucks shit up.
  • oh... so I guess this happened later in the series...
    which site you are using to read the raws? the one I was using stopped providing raw for free readers around the time when Jian chen start looking to heal his brother.
  • http://quanben-xiaoshuo.com/
    Just plug in 混沌剑神 into the search box and it should be the first one
  • What is the tiger cub and how does he get it?
    After he gets crippled and gets he chaos attribute, does he have to start from the beginning again? If yes, how long to reach back to the strength he was crippled at? And what about his revenge to the person that crippled him?
  • Is there any point to read until he gets the chaos attribute? The spoilers ruined me lol and I rather just skip to start reading that part. 
  • bonifide said:

Is there any point to read until he gets the chaos attribute? The spoilers ruined me lol and I rather just skip to start reading that part. 

it's fun story... wrecking havoc and mayham in any city/state/country he goes into... and then getting stronger enough to pretty much wipe out oppositions in that city/state/country.
    worth reading.

What is the tiger cub and how does he get it?
    After he gets crippled and gets he chaos attribute, does he have to start from the beginning again? If yes, how long to reach back to the strength he was crippled at? And what about his revenge to the person that crippled him?

he didn't start from beginning... he had to learn how to use chaos to strengthen his muscles/bones/tendons/body cells... and how to use energy as weapon... in the end with chaos attribute levels him up. yeah he wipes out the family of the person who broke his saint weapon.
    he was coming back from mercenary tournament when he bumped into a injured wild beast (tiger)... when the tiger contacts him telepathically, he promise to save her cub (and her if he levels up his healing skills enough)... that's how he gets it.
    you can guess tiger his very high up in the food chain... almost at the god level. so this cub becomes what bebe was to Linley (Coiling dragon). Only he have to keep him safe for some time until cub gets strong enough.
  • Wait who is the person that breaks his sword how did they become enemy and want kind of revenge did he give them? Did he ever get revenge on huo swect who had him running and what kind of revenge? Who are the choas thing inside are they intelligent and why did he have to lose his cultivation to learn it? If that guy what ever never broken his sword he would never have have the chatoic power? Who killed his mother side of the famiy
  • kidan1310 said:

Wait who is the person that breaks his sword how did they become enemy and want kind of revenge did he give them? Did he ever get revenge on huo swect who had him running and what kind of revenge? Who are the choas thing inside are they intelligent and why did he have to lose his cultivation to learn it? If that guy what ever never broken his sword he would never have have the chatoic power? Who killed his mother side of the famiy

because he is beating guys stronger than his cultivation base, one of the expert thought he had some secret martial skills (just like in current transalted chapter 77 the bandit was asking about martial skills). I forgot his name cuz he was minor character... just neeeded to break his sword. he went back to that state and then killed the man n pretty much destroyed his clan.
    same for huo sect. he killed their top level experts and made them flee from the state (he wanted them to feel the same thing when he had to run).
    I have no idea why he needed to lose his saint weapon (not cultivation), my guess was when he practiced old techniques from his world, he added extra something which turned into chaotic beings. I stopped reading this story(around 650) at one point...so I am not sure about it. I'll start reading it in few days.
    about his mother side of family... same there was no info till chap 650.