Ask Anything (Granddaddy Spoiler Thread)

Comments

• Either that or there is something confirming that he is not within the chinese raw which he has read so far.
  • edited June 2017
    tnchujo said:
    CFT said:
    The ghost is Patriarch Vast Expanse.
    Who is almost guaranteed to be Bai Xiaochun
    Deathblade's comment on the most recent chp 1577 confirms that Bai Xiaochun isn't "Ghost".
    I didn't see anywhere that he even mentioned AWE in the chapter notes, only that Allheaven doesn't appear in RI and BTD. Besides, there are many clues that could potentially link Bai Xiaochun to the Ghost. Spoilers up to ch. 140~ for AWE since that's as far as I got before it was dropped and picked up by DB:

1. The turtle shell that is the defining treasure of the Vast Expanse School is remarkably similar to the turtle shell wok that Bai Xiaochun picks up in the first few chapters of AWE.
    2. Bai Xiaochun cultivates a body tempering technique that changes colors as he levels up. The highest level turns the body golden. The skeletal hand that was suppressed under the turtle shell in the VES was completely golden and radiated pure Immortal qi. We also know that Bai Xiaochun is cultivating towards immortality. When the clone of Patriarch Vast Expanse is defending Meng Hao from Allheaven, he radiates an aura that is both Immortal and Ghost, yet not either. This, coupled with the fact that at least his arm became The Immortal, could mean that Bai Xiaochun falls along the path trying to transcend as The Immortal, and we saw Patriarch Vast Expanse fail in his Transcendence tribulation after Allheaven attacked
    3. Early on in AWE, Bai Xiaochun is saved by a ghost, which is reminiscent of how Meng Hao was saved by a demon (Tri-Rain) early on in ISSTH. Looking back on the story, Meng Hao had a ton of interactions with various demonic beings, and was helped by many, especially early on in the story. This could be mirrored in AWE with Bai Xiaochun meeting a bunch of ghosts (no idea if he does, I only read up to 140).
    4. Lastly, Immortal Bai Wuchen in the VES used mist techniques in her fight vs. Meng Hao. Patriarch Vast Expanse used black mist in his fight vs. Allheaven's will. Bai Wuchen could be a member of Bai Xiaochun's bloodline, which could also be why she thinks it will be more difficult to transcend, because of the techniques she cultivates. Maybe she wouldn't be able to Transcend in the Vast Expanse because of Allheaven's grudge with Patriarch Vast Expanse, or because she wants to Transcend as an Immortal, which is much more difficult.

Some of these might seem like a bit of a stretch, but I would be very surprised if Bai Xiaochun wasn't the Ghost. Er Gen is most likely saving the story of the Immortal for his last novel in this setting.
  • It's in the comment section where he replied to someone regarding the contest and that he is not ghost. But I understand where you are going with all the clues. It might just be coincidence and parallels but somehow will be further explained once DB picks it up again afterward when ISSTH is done.
  • You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Er Gen said he wasn't only to surprise us later. Wouldn't be the first time an author tricked his fanbase to surprise them.

Also, on the Bai Wuchen point, I believe the names are just a coincidence. If you recall, Wuchen was from outside the Vast Expanse, while PVE lives in it, so it would only work if she came from his lineage after he transcended, which I find improbable since why would he let his descendants into a place where they are at the mercy of his greatest enemy and he can't protect them? Although he could have done that as a sort of backup plan to kill Allheaven. What if all the Paragons are sent in by PVE as a way to see if he can groom an Immortal to defeat Allheaven?
  • Question: Why didn't Allheaven try to make Wang Lin, Patriarch Vast Expense or Devil turn into demons?

• Question: Why didn't Allheaven try to make Wang Lin, Patriarch Vast Expense or Devil turn into demons?

They probably didn't have his bloodline.

If you don't have the blood of Allheaven, he wouldn't be able to absorb them and so turning them into a Demon would be pointless.

Even if he could absorb them, it certainly wouldn't be as easy or as smooth as it would be for someone from his bloodline. In chapter 1512, when Allheaven tried to possess Meng Hao, the narration explicitly mentions that it would not be as efficient if it were anyone else.

The only reason Meng Hao survived that was because of Vast Expanse's Soul Lamp.

They probably didn't have his bloodline.

If you don't have the blood of Allheaven, he wouldn't be able to absorb them and so turning them into a Demon would be pointless.

Even if he could absorb them, it certainly wouldn't be as easy or as smooth as it would be for someone from his bloodline. In chapter 1512, when Allheaven tried to possess Meng Hao, the narration explicitly mentions that it would not be as efficient if it were anyone else.

The only reason Meng Hao survived that was because of Vast Expanse's Soul Lamp.
    Then why did they destroy his fingers then? And was there any mention of him trying to stop them in any way?
  • Just finished the last chapters. needs some clarity.... @Kai Heartnet  or @Royal ancestor  please. All the #s are the ones i want cleared. The rest is to follow up the chapter summary that i can remember.

So MH goes out to AH after sending GoldRobes to his room and wants to end this whole farce. He sees Hanbei and decides to mutilate the hell outta the fake (cause he killed her already and knows it's AH). 

Ghost appears from the AH Memory and he has to fight it. This Ghost is incomplete and still hella strong (half step ancestor? Pseudo ancestor at the moment). 

1. What is the Ghost's fighting style? It says Ghost uses his finger to jab MH? Then a ghost claw then something else "latent Evils", big black hand. Can you help describe the techniques?. 

2. Then MH releases the 8th Hex essence. Its just a stronger spatial distortion hex he already shown right? Ok Ghost is out in this chapter, and MH gloats pretty much?

AH is like nope, Sends out a youth from memory and like BAM! 2 Transcendents; one in space prison; other is charging to MH. MH what you gonna do? 

3. This youth is SU ming right? cause of the 7 god steps they both used to evenly match each other? and once again an incomplete version. the youth says he doesn't like to be called the Demon but Fate? any translation in what it means? 

Ghost breaks free and co op with Fate and they unleash more abilities; 

4. Ghost has this door with vengeful ghosts; any reference on this ability?

5. Demon unleashes his Five Finger Mountains with tribe mid air and peak? reference of Su ming's technique name? 

MH uses battle armor with Dong Hu white pearl. Its super effective and repels both enemies and Super voids emerges.

Enters Wang Lin with super god body and cultivation. 3 v 1

Wang Lin goes for his super kill move

6. What was his kill move called again from RI?

MH gets pushed back and then some other technique are used:

the Mountain incantation
    7.True Body Dao? don't remember what was the ability again
    8. Nine collapses as before again?? 九崩依旧重? what was this?
     The 7 God steps
    Shui Dongliu Divine sense ability
    His Super nova Ability? Cause Paragon Bridge is broken and Writ of Karma ties a connection of money to MH and opponents

MH fights and fights. AH uses the Incomplete abilities
    9. Ghost Used what?
    10. Demon uses the possession skill, which is called?
    11. God used which kill move?

MH then uses the 9th hex to counter. It works and shiny Seal sign gets big enough to cover the whole AH world. 

封 and a sculpting knife

Boom goes AH 4th finger. only the last finger remains

AH then goes. 9th transformation All Heaven Form

Which is the demon outline of the 98 predecessor that were consumed before MH. AH then uses his Seal the Heaven hex, which is the same but BLACKen.

MH dies and gets consumed. MH uses his 10th hex.

12. WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE 10th hex (and WHAT THE HELL ER GEN?!)?! What did it do to AH?!

13.  AH dies and MH had to go through some hypnotism to believe he is AH after decaying with the curse while everyone else he loved is still frozen in the ice plant crystals?
    He even waited for the Parrot and Meat Jelly to go into those crystal things! With the curse and decay MH  turns to AH -> Acts llike AH and goes NO to death -> reverse identity because of his Emotion and Dao of independence. At the same time he found solution to his curse? All of that done after EPOCH ERAS?! OH also Gold robe just leaves AH world. nothing important for him.

14. What was the solution in solving the curse?! It just went blam, I got it! and its all thanks to Shui Dongliu Jade slip! *super gamble though*

So he goes everyone back into reincarnation cycle and bless them all because he is still lord of the world... MH saves Xu Qing, parrot and meat jelly from death. Gu Yi Ding tri-rain is alive and a majestic sea. Patriarch Reliance is awake and alive. AH is finally dead and MH realizes that AH is part of the Immortal hence why he was scared of the Immortal. Shui Dongliu still has memory of past and says something to Parrot remember fragments of the past. 

15. Boards the ship. On the ship is the Extermination Old man and Slaughter right?

With Chu Yuyan as the captain's disciple. Open ending. Meng Hao + Xu Qing + Chu Yuyan together heading for the Universe with the rest of the transcended. But everyone else, blessed and living their own new lives. Too bad Chen Fan gets bad end. and no resurrection and no shan ling.

Just need clarity on questions. please. MTL made my brain hurt.....

• Just finished the last chapters. needs some clarity.... @Kai Heartnet  or @Royal ancestor  please. All the #s are the ones i want cleared. The rest is to follow up the chapter summary that i can remember.

So MH goes out to AH after sending GoldRobes to his room and wants to end this whole farce. He sees Hanbei and decides to mutilate the hell outta the fake (cause he killed her already and knows it's AH). 

Ghost appears from the AH Memory and he has to fight it. This Ghost is incomplete and still hella strong (half step ancestor? Pseudo ancestor at the moment). 

1. What is the Ghost's fighting style? It says Ghost uses his finger to jab MH? Then a ghost claw then something else "latent Evils", big black hand. Can you help describe the techniques?. 

2. Then MH releases the 8th Hex essence. Its just a stronger spatial distortion hex he already shown right? Ok Ghost is out in this chapter, and MH gloats pretty much?

AH is like nope, Sends out a youth from memory and like BAM! 2 Transcendents; one in space prison; other is charging to MH. MH what you gonna do? 

3. This youth is SU ming right? cause of the 7 god steps they both used to evenly match each other? and once again an incomplete version. the youth says he doesn't like to be called the Demon but Fate? any translation in what it means? 

Ghost breaks free and co op with Fate and they unleash more abilities; 

4. Ghost has this door with vengeful ghosts; any reference on this ability?

5. Demon unleashes his Five Finger Mountains with tribe mid air and peak? reference of Su ming's technique name? 

MH uses battle armor with Dong Hu white pearl. Its super effective and repels both enemies and Super voids emerges.

Enters Wang Lin with super god body and cultivation. 3 v 1

Wang Lin goes for his super kill move

6. What was his kill move called again from RI?

MH gets pushed back and then some other technique are used:

the Mountain incantation
    7.True Body Dao? don't remember what was the ability again
    8. Nine collapses as before again?? 九崩依旧重? what was this?
     The 7 God steps
    Shui Dongliu Divine sense ability
    His Super nova Ability? Cause Paragon Bridge is broken and Writ of Karma ties a connection of money to MH and opponents

MH fights and fights. AH uses the Incomplete abilities
    9. Ghost Used what?
    10. Demon uses the possession skill, which is called?
    11. God used which kill move?

MH then uses the 9th hex to counter. It works and shiny Seal sign gets big enough to cover the whole AH world. 

封 and a sculpting knife

Boom goes AH 4th finger. only the last finger remains

AH then goes. 9th transformation All Heaven Form

Which is the demon outline of the 98 predecessor that were consumed before MH. AH then uses his Seal the Heaven hex, which is the same but BLACKen.

MH dies and gets consumed. MH uses his 10th hex.

12. WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE 10th hex (and WHAT THE HELL ER GEN?!)?! What did it do to AH?!

13.  AH dies and MH had to go through some hypnotism to believe he is AH after decaying with the curse while everyone else he loved is still frozen in the ice plant crystals?
    He even waited for the Parrot and Meat Jelly to go into those crystal things! With the curse and decay MH  turns to AH -> Acts llike AH and goes NO to death -> reverse identity because of his Emotion and Dao of independence. At the same time he found solution to his curse? All of that done after EPOCH ERAS?! OH also Gold robe just leaves AH world. nothing important for him.

14. What was the solution in solving the curse?! It just went blam, I got it! and its all thanks to Shui Dongliu Jade slip! *super gamble though*

So he goes everyone back into reincarnation cycle and bless them all because he is still lord of the world... MH saves Xu Qing, parrot and meat jelly from death. Gu Yi Ding tri-rain is alive and a majestic sea. Patriarch Reliance is awake and alive. AH is finally dead and MH realizes that AH is part of the Immortal hence why he was scared of the Immortal. Shui Dongliu still has memory of past and says something to Parrot remember fragments of the past. 

15. Boards the ship. On the ship is the Extermination Old man and Slaughter right?

With Chu Yuyan as the captain's disciple. Open ending. Meng Hao + Xu Qing + Chu Yuyan together heading for the Universe with the rest of the transcended. But everyone else, blessed and living their own new lives. Too bad Chen Fan gets bad end. and no resurrection and no shan ling.

Just need clarity on questions. please. MTL made my brain hurt.....

• edited June 2017
    @shoshen
    Really huge ending spoilers:

Basically the abilities of Vast Expanse ancestor are based on mist, spirits and ghosts, as you already know he can use that black mist to strenghten his attacks and summon ghosts, those abilities are never explained in detail;
    Fate is Su Ming (i think the characters for Fate and Su Ming are the same, so it's basically a word play), the two abilities you mentioned are his barbarian tatoo(when he summons the five peaks) and his possession ability, which is his bloodline technique;
    as for the techniques of Wang Lin i can't answer you because i haven't read mtl for RI;

I think i can answer the other question about the ending: basically MH lets Allheaven absorb him because his 10th hex needs Allheaven's level of power to work, basically it allowed MH to absorb Allheaven. After having absorbed Allheaven, MH sort of became Allheaven(i don't know if it was a dream or reality) to solve the curse, i think that MH simulated what happened to Allheaven so that he could come up with the same curse, and of course its solution (because if you learn how the curse works you also learn how to reverse it). On the ship are Old Man Extermination and Slaughter
  • tombec94 said:
    @shoshen
    Really huge ending spoilers:

Basically the abilities of Vast Expanse ancestor are based on mist, spirits and ghosts, as you already know he can use that black mist to strenghten his attacks and summon ghosts, those abilities are never explained in detail;
    Fate is Su Ming (i think the characters for Fate and Su Ming are the same, so it's basically a word play), the two abilities you mentioned are his barbarian tatoo(when he summons the five peaks) and his possession ability, which is his bloodline technique;
    as for the techniques of Wang Lin i can't answer you because i haven't read mtl for RI;

I think i can answer the other question about the ending: basically MH lets Allheaven absorb him because his 10th hex needs Allheaven's level of power to work, basically it allowed MH to absorb Allheaven. After having absorbed Allheaven, MH sort of became Allheaven(i don't know if it was a dream or reality) to solve the curse, i think that MH simulated what happened to Allheaven so that he could come up with the same curse, and of course its solution (because if you learn how the curse works you also learn how to reverse it). On the ship are Old Man Extermination and Slaughter
    A little adder
    It's not Demon but Devil. The mtl translate 'Mo' as magic or sometimes demon but the accurate translation supposedly is Devil because we already have 'Yao' translated as Demon. About the fate thing : in BTD Su Ming has one particular avatar/clone that is the product of one of his time ability, basically it temporarily fused past and future into the present so he called the avatar fate (and because of his obsession to control fate). In BTD there are three Su Ming, all of them has different chinese character but all of them pronounce as "Su Ming", one is Su Ming's own name, one is the fate avatar, one is his tribe name.

About the ghost door thing, I don't know the accurate explanation but in BTD it's one of the ability of Ghost Tribe and basically create your own underworld.

The possession ability is one of Su Ming's most frequently used ability that he used to create more avatar, basically his possession is unique because it doesn't erase the original one but make the one he possessed "rebirth" as him so even if someone check the men will still the same in body and soul but they already become Su Ming. 

All of supposedly killer move of the transcendence were actually not their killer move. The one used by Wang Lin's copy is just technique Wang Lin's got from Ye Mo, and if he really unleashed killer move it will be one of his self created divine ability. Even the one used by Su Ming is not unique for him.
  • Just thought of this. But if Dao Fang really is a character from BtD, is he a copy in ISSTH or the real one? I mean, I don't get why the real one would follow Allheaven's will but his cultivation base went from 8 essences to 9 essences, something the copies apparently could not do.
  • Just thought of this. But if Dao Fang really is a character from BtD, is he a copy in ISSTH or the real one? I mean, I don't get why the real one would follow Allheaven's will but his cultivation base went from 8 essences to 9 essences, something the copies apparently could not do.
    Well if i knew someone could squash me like an ant and that someone ordered me to do things i'd do those things right away. Add to this that Allheaven is insane and doesn't care about anyone other than himself, no one would want to piss him. Anyways i don't think Dao Fang knew about Allheaven, he simply took orders from devil and immortal god realms. The poor Dao Fang hadn't a choice in the matter...... too bad he pissed MH of all people, a madman on the same level as Allheaven.
  • tombec94 said:
    Just thought of this. But if Dao Fang really is a character from BtD, is he a copy in ISSTH or the real one? I mean, I don't get why the real one would follow Allheaven's will but his cultivation base went from 8 essences to 9 essences, something the copies apparently could not do.
    Well if i knew someone could squash me like an ant and that someone ordered me to do things i'd do those things right away. Add to this that Allheaven is insane and doesn't care about anyone other than himself, no one would want to piss him. Anyways i don't think Dao Fang knew about Allheaven, he simply took orders from devil and immortal god realms. The poor Dao Fang hadn't a choice in the matter...... too bad he pissed MH of all people, a madman on the same level as Allheaven.
    Ahh, that sucks. I was hoping it was a copy and the real one was alive and living with Su Ming somewhere. 

Two more questions.

1. Is it true that the people were barbaric before AH took over as will? Were there no cultivators?

2. How exactly is the Li clan related to Su Ming?
  • What happened to Chu Yuyan after she had vanished ?
    Did Meng Hao find out where she went or who took her while he was making the ice coffin?
  • Kyo said:
    What happened to Chu Yuyan after she had vanished ?
    Did Meng Hao find out where she went or who took her while he was making the ice coffin?
    Last line. Last chapter. Enough said.
  • Kinda wish he remade the mountains and seas tho. I mean, going to a war for it and the reason for his revenge for so long. A little sad there but loved this novel so much...
  • So, uh.......Who exactly is Old Man Extermination?

I'm guessing someone from either BtD or RI? Given the people hanging out on his boat, I'm gathering the guy is a bit of a badass.
  • So, uh.......Who exactly is Old Man Extermination?

I'm guessing someone from either BtD or RI? Given the people hanging out on his boat, I'm gathering the guy is a bit of a badass.
    He actually first appear in RI since RI is written before BTD but he's from around Su Ming's time and even older as he already wander several worlds before arrived at Su Ming's. However, his identity was told in BTD. Basically, he's much like Su Ming, one of inhabitant of World Butterfly (from other butterfly, there are 9 butterflies) he escaped from his butterfly when Xuan Zang destroyed it and he has been wandering worlds in order to reach Xuan Zang's level (it's said that Xuan Zang is at Boundless Dao level but presumably higher than it since he already has world inside him). However, his plan actually was not revenge but to turn back in time to the time before Xuan Zang destroyed his world and destroyed his world himself along with Xuan Zang, in a way sever his past unlike Su Ming who choose to sever his future to preserve the beauty of the past. In BTD he's kinda an antagonist. In RI, he seems to calm down and said to already reach Heaven Trampling Realm but Wang Lin is said to be stronger than him despite reach Heaven Trampling Realm years after him.
  • There's a quote in chapter 1610 saying "Therefore, it was actually impossible for Meng Hao or any of the others to truly become the Immortal. Even if Allheaven did nothing to stop them from doing so, they still would have failed to become the Immortal!" So based on speculation, would the immortal in Er Gen's next book become AllHeaven's true self? As long as AllHeaven's true self exist, there might not be anyone walking the immortal path
  • Any idea about who the emperor is?  And if i got it right,  the immortal is the real antagonist? So that could also mean emperor could be, an ally of mh, sm, wl? 
  • Third said:
    There's a quote in chapter 1610 saying "Therefore, it was actually impossible for Meng Hao or any of the others to truly become the Immortal. Even if Allheaven did nothing to stop them from doing so, they still would have failed to become the Immortal!" So based on speculation, would the immortal in Er Gen's next book become AllHeaven's true self? As long as AllHeaven's true self exist, there might not be anyone walking the immortal path
    Nope i think that no one in vast expanse could become true immortal because allheaven didn't have a true immortal source being only a clone( he only had the devil, god, ghost and demon sources). In other starry skies it could be different, as the complte wills of these starry skies could have all the 5 sources or even different ones.
    Double D said:
    Any idea about who the emperor is?  And if i got it right,  the immortal is the real antagonist? So that could also mean emperor could be, an ally of mh, sm, wl? 
    I personally think the emperor is Bai Xiaochun from AWE. Lord Fifth's personallity fit preatty well with Xiaochun's "pets".
  • Just realized this but, if the cultivation paths were different for RI and ISSTH, how come the God continent experts were at Dao 9 like in ISSTH?
  • Chapter 964, who is the jinx the old Wang clan daoist mentions?

“At long last… a descendant has appeared who is worthy of that jinx’s bloodline…. He’s definitely better and more powerful than any of the other bastards who have appeared recently.”

“At long last… a descendant has appeared who is worthy of that jinx’s bloodline…. He’s definitely better and more powerful than any of the other bastards who have appeared recently.”
    That old man is Xu Liguo. I think it's not really accurate to translate the word to "jinx" since it's tantamount to bad luck, I think "evil star" is more appropriate. Anyway, he's referring to Wang Lin and it's his nickname for Wang Lin, not because hate but kinda like meat jelly calling MH or parrot immoral

That old man is Xu Liguo. I think it's not really accurate to translate the word to "jinx" since it's tantamount to bad luck, I think "evil star" is more appropriate. Anyway, he's referring to Wang Lin and it's his nickname for Wang Lin, not because hate but kinda like meat jelly calling MH or parrot immoral
    Lmao, the devil became this powerful?

How do you know it's him tho? Any description I missed?

Lmao, the devil became this powerful?

How do you know it's him tho? Any description I missed?
    Wang Lin has several followers: Xu Liguo, Liu Jinbiao, Da Hongzong. Among them the only one who called Wang Lin "evil star" and has sword ability is Xu Liguo. Liu Jinbiao thing is Dao of Deception/Conning and Da Hongzong is flattery (shameless :D ) and lightning ability (therefore I believe the man MH meet when he found the cauldron is him). In RI, the last we saw them is they're leaving to making their own legend in cave world (conning everywhere lol similar to parrot and meat jelly).
  • edited July 2017
    So we never learn more about the green tomb where the butterfly sought refuge, correct? Never learned whether the person who laid inside was connected to Allheaven? I was thinking that she was the equivalent of Xu Qing to whoever Allheaven was before he lost himself (as Meng Hao did when he lived so long that he became Allheaven). Kinda disappointed we never saw the terracotta soldiers reunited. Would have liked to see them also stand guard over the reformed Mountains and Seas.
  • where do i get the game
  • where do i get the game
    You don't. It was shut down years ago