Tales of Demons & Gods - Latest Chapter Discussions

Comments

• It should be that thier life span will greatly increase after breaking through to heavenly fate? It makes sense cos extremely few people do so, probably none still in the tiny world so the qilin thought it's unlikely he'll survive past 100.

this is all conjecture btw
  • Nie Li's making some very wild assumptions there. But of course they're right, 'cause Nie Li's never wrong
  • So, I was here wondering about all that wealth Nie Li'll be accumulating through the Alchemy Association back in Glory City in the years to come... Quite a fortune, right? He could probably buy half of Glory City with it, I don't know. But unfortunately it'll never be mentioned again. Probably.
  • popocake said:
    So, I was here wondering about all that wealth Nie Li'll be accumulating through the Alchemy Association back in Glory City in the years to come... Quite a fortune, right? He could probably buy half of Glory City with it, I don't know. But unfortunately it'll never be mentioned again. Probably.
    its quite ridiculous when you think about it. he has like multiple times the sacred famillys gold, which Was one of the top famillys in glory city. to think most of the famillys life savings was poored into his pills........... but yeah it really doesnt matter at this point just know its enough for his family to flourish.
  • most recent chapter i think i know what happened in Nie Li's previous life now. The nether master said he was entrusted to protect it yet why did glory city perish? Well if you think about it, its quiet simple. In his previous life Zhu Long(the demon clan guy) must have waited for a while before he went and confronted the nether master and ultimately killed him. Zhu Long did say that his goal was to conquer the entirety of the tiny world that they were in and when he fought the nether master even he said that he himself and the other experts would not be able to stop him even if they all worked together.  Thats what i think happened in Nie Li's previous life and why glory city was destroyed. 
  • Wasn't Zhu Long woken up by Yu Yan? Therefore since Nie Li never got Yu Yan that time, would he have even woken up?
  • Wasn't Zhu Long woken up by Yu Yan? Therefore since Nie Li never got Yu Yan that time, would he have even woken up?
    yes and no. yes yu yan escaping from the black springs(at least thats what i think it was called) initially awoken him, but i think regardless of that he would have woken up at some point later on even without nie li's interference. In the chapter where he faced off against the nether master it was made known that he had congealed some kind of seven lotus technique/treasure and because of it he was neigh unbeatable in their world at that time already. Zhu Long wanted to control rule the tiny world and offered an alliance to the nether master but he strongly declined. I'm guessing the the past life of Nie li, Zhu Long came at a little later date after the nether master disciple comeptition and confronted the nether master. This time the nether master would be alone and Zhu Long would definitely not let the nether master go.
  • wes174 said:
    i somehow feel like she has to die at somepoint so Du Ze can become a fire god/ study the laws of fire. either way shes deffinitly going back to glory city. anyone think nie li will be a bit too op if he studys space/time laws?
    He's definitely getting too op, and I don't know what's in that egg yet but I can only imagine its some kind of op monstrosity, and he'll gloat like an arrogant child.  Also does anyone else question why he claims that his only goal is to protect Glory City but does nothing to help train even more geniuses. I mean really he'll only help you after you beg him or swear absolute loyalty to him, kinda makes me doubt his intentions. 
  • anyone think that xiao yu is girl
  • He gives new cultivation techniques to glory city as well as the testing method I think. What else can he do to affect everyone really? 

Also so I think it's pretty obvious Xiao Yu is a girl. The hint dropping is getting pretty damn heavy 
  • he can but everyone don't have same constitution and he don't know about their soul seas(iirc).
  • No, he obviously can't go around customising for each person like he did for his friends. But the ones he put out are a tonne better than the ones they had before and it's not like they cared too much about this kind of compatibility anyway. I would also assume that he gave someone the method to check people's soul seas? I'm not sure. 
  • Hey can smbd tell me if this novel has ended in the Chinese raws? If not what's latest chapter?
  • It's still ongoing, current raw is 432 I believe.
  • Chances are his old teacher couldn't see through him will be something of the same nature as ning'er and ziyun where timelines merge. 
  • edited April 2016
    Long Yuyin 3rd harem member? :3  I don't mind :p  cause it's kinda ok. 
    Nei li blames her for his masters death in previous life , so he torments her now, we see that she thinks nei li's master killed(caused) her master so she kills her :p 
    aside from from her rude character (which is mostly gone now) I think she will be a good fit for nei li :p  . I don't know how ning'er and ziyun might react though :wink:  

PS: I dig Harem endings :3 
  • is it really reasonable to say between the mass quantity of normal bloodline sprits nie li's friend is collecting and the huge quantity of sprits hes selling, that nobody would become suspicius that he may have some godly artifact?

considering he has smaller backgrounds I would expect people to realize somethings off at this point and start plotting.
  • TGD is a Masterpiece 3 i want more  :( i want to see how their reaction if  they saw nie li hug by xiao ning'er 
  • TGD is a Masterpiece 3 i want more  :( i want to see how their reaction if  they saw nie li hug by xiao ning'er 
    Who doesn't!!!! This cliffhanger is the deeeeepest I have ever seen :open_mouth: plus Sunday's he won't post a chapter, it just adds to the excitement and frustration. Never looked forward to Mondays like this in my life lmao!
    Who doesn't!!!! This cliffhanger is the deeeeepest I have ever seen :open_mouth: plus Sunday's he won't post a chapter, it just adds to the excitement and frustration. Never looked forward to Mondays like this in my life lmao!
    I KNOWWW.

HE POSTS TOO SLOW!
    Joke, he's a person but it takes me literally less than 5 minutes to read a chapter. After that I've to wait a few days or 24 hours if I'm lucky.
    It's so sad I don't like this:(

any recommendations to NL's like TDG? I tried ATG but it was just incest and romance for the first 12 chapters so I quit it.
  • Designer said:
    TGD is a Masterpiece 3 i want more  :( i want to see how their reaction if  they saw nie li hug by xiao ning'er 
    I KNOWWW.

HE POSTS TOO SLOW!
    Joke, he's a person but it takes me literally less than 5 minutes to read a chapter. After that I've to wait a few days or 24 hours if I'm lucky.

any recommendations to NL's like TDG? I tried ATG but it was just incest and romance for the first 12 chapters so I quit it.
    Well, I just asked that same question to thyaeria on Twitter XD he told it's the "charm of Chinese novels " to keep us excited! Well I agree a bit :p .
    about a NL like this , I doubt there are any, some are there, like Blue Pheonix , on gravity tales, op character, reincarnation , fantasy, cultivation, etc. It has 200 chaps, ongoing, I am reading it :) 
    you can try that out if u want. 
    TDG maybe slow, but the translations are very fast, I read a lot of other translations, they update from twice a week to once a month. It's a blessing thyaeria is making time for the translations !!! 
  • Designer said:
    TGD is a Masterpiece 3 i want more  :( i want to see how their reaction if  they saw nie li hug by xiao ning'er 
    I KNOWWW.

HE POSTS TOO SLOW!

Well, I just asked that same question to thyaeria on Twitter XD he told it's the "charm of Chinese novels " to keep us excited! Well I agree a bit :p .
    about a NL like this , I doubt there are any, some are there, like Blue Pheonix , on gravity tales, op character, reincarnation , fantasy, cultivation, etc. It has 200 chaps, ongoing, I am reading it :) 
    you can try that out if u want. 
    TDG maybe slow, but the translations are very fast, I read a lot of other translations, they update from twice a week to once a month. It's a blessing thyaeria is making time for the translations !!! 
    Thanks for the suggestion! It looks good, but 200 chaps? That'll be a breeze ;p I read TDG during class times aswell hahaha teachers would think im hard at work but i've a book in front of my phone reading away. All my mates would be laughing
  • Aaargh , chapters are so short, #NOT COMPLAINING# 
    and start the auction already, I want to see nei li purchase some op items :p 
    scheming guy has a god level dragon too............doesn't look good to me :( 
  • Designer said:
    I KNOWWW.

HE POSTS TOO SLOW!

When I got caught up on TDG a few weeks back, I was thirsty for a new cultivation novel. I absolutely fell in love with I Shall seal the Heavens, and binged 600 chapters in a like 8 or 9 days. It starts off a little slow but starts getting extremely good around chapters 75-85 and just keeps getting better from then on out.  If you want to check it out then here's the link; http://www.wuxiaworld.com/issth-index/ The MC doesn't get put back in time or anything, but to me Nie Li and Meng Hao is very similar. SOTR is really good, it lines up with the MC going back in time and keeping his memories. But it's in a different body than his original. Extremely good and also reminds me of Nie Li and Meng Hao. The link to it is; http://www.wuxiaworld.com/sotr-index/.

I shall Seal the Heavens gets 14 chapters a week (Around 9am and 9pm EST), and SOTR gets 7 chapters a week. (Around 3-5am EST)

But onto the discussion, I can't wait for Nie lie to beat the shit out of these arrogant assholes. And I'm curious to see how Ye Xuan is gonna "steal Nin'ger from Nie li. And his "Masters" secret technique or w/e is odd. She can literally figure everything out in the world, what has or will happen, but can't prevent herself from dying or getting killed? Why did she say "It'll be too late by then" After Nie li said he was gonna become the Divine feather Sect Head to take care of her and keep her safe? From what I'm seeing/understanding is that basically the Temporal Demon spirit book or w/e brought him to a different and alternative world? There another word for it but it slipped my mind as I was about to type it lmfao. What kind of supports my claim is when he tried to go get the book from the desert palace, and the palace was in ruins with nothing there? And he got there like 100 years sooner than he did in his previous life. And I think that vine has something to do with being a successor, But if that was true then wouldn't that spirit who tried to take over Nie li's body in that flame building place before he got to be the Nether Relm Master's deciple. But that spirit would also have something similar to that, or at least knew what it was? So this vine thing literally sucks down spiritual energy like crazy, and he act's like he isn't worried about it at all, or tried to look into it more than he has.
  • Just came on to say that this has quickly become my favourite wuxiaworld novel (I never know what to call these now lol). It seems to be the only story where the side characters are constant and don't just get thrown away because they are weaker. I like the fact that the Progression doesn't get out of control to fast either. Take DE for instance, The MC is still pretty weak but has already moved on to exploring the realm even though there are still so many people on the planet who are still much stronger then him. 

Anyways I hope Nie li lays low a little while longer and doesn't just go full op. Also am I the only one who STILL believes that Xiao Yu is actually a woman and the author just has a inception thing going on lol
  • Just came on to say that this has quickly become my favourite wuxiaworld novel (I never know what to call these now lol). It seems to be the only story where the side characters are constant and don't just get thrown away because they are weaker. I like the fact that the Progression doesn't get out of control to fast either. Take DE for instance, The MC is still pretty weak but has already moved on to exploring the realm even though there are still so many people on the planet who are still much stronger then him. 

Anyways I hope Nie li lays low a little while longer and doesn't just go full op. Also am I the only one who STILL believes that Xiao Yu is actually a woman and the author just has a inception thing going on lol
    Almost everyone thinks xiao yu is a women :p 
    and yeah, he should go full op when he reaches a point where he can crush those bastards without mercy, in a single blow

Almost everyone thinks xiao yu is a women :p 
    and yeah, he should go full op when he reaches a point where he can crush those bastards without mercy, in a single blow
    Haha I thought as much, another one for the harem lol. Well long tiangmin and Muyong are the only real assholes right now unless you want to count Ye Xuan who's just jealous that. But yeah would love to see them crushed
  • I read the manhua...and I'm interested...Reading thread gives me more hope that the novel won't disappoint.
  • War God said:
    I read the manhua...and I'm interested...Reading thread gives me more hope that the novel won't disappoint.
    Hohoho , it definitely won't , trust me!
    but it might get a bit slow here and there, so don't bother and keep reading.
    the manhua is sooooo behind :p 
  • edited May 2016
    In my opinion TDG Manhua is one of the very few that follows the novel plot really well. I know people complain about character looks and hair colours, but come on lets be honest if all the characters had dark brow or black hair with same facial features how would you differentiate between them. Only down side to this manhua is that it is slooooooooow like 1 chapter a week or longer and each chapter has 8-10 pages of content.

P.S. About Xiao Yu, I thought he had a crush on Ninger during the arc where they where together with him in the underground nether place? Would that not make him more likely to be a guy or is my memory messed up and getting my novels mixed up?