I Shall Seal the Heavens - Latest Chapter Discussions

Comments

• leryin said:
    Now that Meng Hao doesn't want to become evil, isn't he going to break his promise with the blood demon? 
    What do you mean? The blood demon wanted Meng Hao to develop devilishness so that he could sever it, which is apparently different from the other demon sealers.
  • Following the Southern Domain civil war is an even bigger war with the Northerners. I suspect the next few chapters are always going to end with terrible cliffhangers. It's going to be a rough week for waiting. 

Keep up the good work, Deathblade and clan!
  • edited July 2016
    The meng clan also knowns as the royal blood clan, rulers of the southern domain and the blood sect .the people who are born in this clan are con masters that can play  you to death and they have mastered the dao of dismantling and they can dismantle banks and stole your money and they can dismantle your heart and they can even dismantle the the heavens. So be aware of the meng clan.
  • xaryte said:
    leryin said:
    Now that Meng Hao doesn't want to become evil, isn't he going to break his promise with the blood demon? 
    What do you mean? The blood demon wanted Meng Hao to develop devilishness so that he could sever it, which is apparently different from the other demon sealers.
    Yeah but first he has to become a devil and then sever it, but since he is tired he doesn't want to become a devil anymore
  • what is that handcuffs mean ?
  • edited July 2016

waca said:
    what is that handcuffs mean ?

The devil is unfettered
  • somehow I feel the wedding scene'd be better if it happened in-between the battles with the Northern Reaches, not with palaces and whatnot, but inside their log cabin, a very private ceremony with only the couple's true friends, everyone already badly injured but content

it'd make a nice contrast to the original wedding cerimony
  • random question but what do you guys think meng hao could be categorized fighting wise, he isn't a swordsman or anything like that would you say a spell caster or something?
  • edited July 2016
    random question but what do you guys think meng hao could be categorized fighting wise, he isn't a swordsman or anything like that would you say a spell caster or something?

He's no true swordsman, he hasn't held a sword since Reliance Sect times, most of the time he just maneuvers his melee weapons throughout the air without actually touching them. Apart from the fact he's a Demon Sealer, everything else is just a mess, I don't think he 'specializes' in a particular category of abilities -- he just uses different types of spellcasting, the treasures/artifacts he comes across on his journey, and well that's it. Just a regular spellcaster slash wannabe Demon Sealer if I had to coin him RPG-wise.

He was a shaman/hunter type of guy back in the Western Desert. He was also into the control of time, but hmm... he isn't really a 100% time-cultivator, nowhere near that overly jealous Northern Reaches cultivator at least. He has a Blood Divinity/Demon thingy, but it's hardly used anymore, so you can't really call him a warlock either, despite his ability to manipulate souls now.

hard to say this so soon...

but ye at least we're sure he's gonna stick with the Demon Sealing path till the end. Sealer! the middle-man of the universe
  • that's when the northern reaches imperial clan chief realized...

•  I'm still curious about something in the early chapters, when MH got the Flying Rain-Dragon legacy,Wang Tengfei used some magic to find who was there that night, and there was a light that was very powerful and made him afraid. I'm very foggy about all this, but if i remember correctly was Patriarch Blood Demon. If it was him, what he was doing there? MH hadn't even got the Ancient Demon Sealing Jade.
  • edited July 2016
    He's no true swordsman, he hasn't held a sword since Reliance Sect times, most of the time he just maneuvers his melee weapons throughout the air without actually touching them.

Welcome to Xianxia where sword mastery is all about stances that project beams of sword lasers, or telekinetic control of thousands of swords to form constructs in the shape for lotuses, dragons, and such, and rarely about actually cutting the enemy with the sword held in your own hands.

• edited August 2016
    DB, I don't know what makes you translate ISSTH. But I'm grateful for that.
    But I really like an example of confucianism view about filial piety between Meng Hao and Demon Pill.
  • Now every chapter of ISSTH feels like ATG.Every chapter is made to leave a deep impression of MH on everyone.I was hoping to see Pill Demon in action and what I got is MH kicking everyone's ass.Damn MH is becoming more and more like Yun Che.
  • That 839 meme was really funny xD
  • Now every chapter of ISSTH feels like ATG.Every chapter is made to leave a deep impression of MH on everyone.I was hoping to see Pill Demon in action and what I got is MH kicking everyone's ass.Damn MH is becoming more and more like Yun Che.
    What do you expect? Meng hao is at the top in planet south heaven so obviously there are not many powerful opponents and trials left for him. Now at the end of this chapter, his father told him to leave the planet and travel the ninth mountain and sea so once he does that, meng hao will once again become a small fish in a big pond
    Understand basic grammar:
    Your vs You're
    There vs Their vs They're
    Defiantly vs Definitely
    Loose vs Lose
    Than vs Then
    To vs Too
    NO 'Should/Could of'

• So how often has Hao now had to deal with tribulation lightning?

1) He evaded a hypothetical one for exceeding condensation 9 by being in a demiplane.
    2) He mostly if not completely evaded two for perfect foundation (pill and gaining it)
    3) While not exactly tribulation, he used the one in the lightning cauldron to cultivate.
    4) I think there were two pill tribulations as Fang Mu (at the beginning in his cave, and then the 'from nothing' one)
    5) He staved off the one for core for some time.
    6) He outright used the one for nascent soul to integrate it into himself.

I think there may have been some more but I forgot.

To be honest, I'm halfway surprised the initial immortal tribulation lightning did anything to him as it was the one for the first offense, red not black so basically the equivalent of a slap on the wrist for whatever entity creates them.

I like to think that there is some unfathomable entity that measures out the lightning for each offense and they are getting cranky because Hao keeps making them work.
  • BookWorm said:
    Now every chapter of ISSTH feels like ATG.Every chapter is made to leave a deep impression of MH on everyone.I was hoping to see Pill Demon in action and what I got is MH kicking everyone's ass.Damn MH is becoming more and more like Yun Che.
    What do you expect? Meng hao is at the top in planet south heaven so obviously there are not many powerful opponents and trials left for him. Now at the end of this chapter, his father told him to leave the planet and travel the ninth mountain and sea so once he does that, meng hao will once again become a small fish in a big pond
    Many of the top chosen already came for the ancient dao rite thing and none could take him on alone and even in groups they couldn't do much harm.I doubt he will be shown as a small fish in a big pond.I am pretty sure even in the upcoming chapters all of the major characters and fodders will be used to show how amazing MH is and how astonished they are by MH doing stuff which haven't been seen since ancient times.
  • BookWorm said:
    Now every chapter of ISSTH feels like ATG.Every chapter is made to leave a deep impression of MH on everyone.I was hoping to see Pill Demon in action and what I got is MH kicking everyone's ass.Damn MH is becoming more and more like Yun Che.
    Many of the top chosen already came for the ancient dao rite thing and none could take him on alone and even in groups they couldn't do much harm.I doubt he will be shown as a small fish in a big pond.I am pretty sure even in the upcoming chapters all of the major characters and fodders will be used to show how amazing MH is and how astonished they are by MH doing stuff which haven't been seen since ancient times.
    In the entire planet south heaven arc, meng hao was always at the top when compared to people at his own stage. Most of his fights where he struggled and was beaten were when he battle those above his stage. So now, he will be up against immortal, ancestor and dao level people so it won't be all about him. 

And ofc ppl will be astonished by meng hao. Do you think everything he has done so far is ordinary compared to other chosen? He got a full mist blade when performing 3rd severing, ridiculous strong magics from the ancient demon immortal sect, the strongest fleshly body cultivation technique, so many OP legacies, of the fang clan and much more. I would be surprised if people weren't astonished by him
    Your vs You're
    Defiantly vs Definitely
    Loose vs Lose
    Than vs Then
    To vs Too
    NO 'Should/Could of'

• BookWorm said:
    BookWorm said:
    In the entire planet south heaven arc, meng hao was always at the top when compared to people at his own stage. Most of his fights where he struggled and was beaten were when he battle those above his stage. So now, he will be up against immortal, ancestor and dao level people so it won't be all about him. 

And ofc ppl will be astonished by meng hao. Do you think everything he has done so far is ordinary compared to other chosen? He got a full mist blade when performing 3rd severing, ridiculous strong magics from the ancient demon immortal sect, the strongest fleshly body cultivation technique, so many OP legacies, of the fang clan and much more. I would be surprised if people weren't astonished by him
    Well I am not saying people shouldn't be astonished but every fricking chapter is almost about how astonishing he is.People are so astonished that I think if he takes a shit people will be die by astonishment.I mean give some f***ing limelight to some side characters too.I mean I wanted to watch Pill Demon going through his tribulation but again it was made into a chapter about how astonished they are by MH.Ergen emphasized on Pill demon's 2 lifetime worth punch but that too was shit.They show so much characters that have really good potential but they are made into fodder too soon if you ask me they should have kept some characters that can at least compete with him.They hyped the ancient dao rite thing with some chosens.But as soon as those characters appeared they were made into fodder.Not even a single one from those top chosens was worth much.
  • BookWorm said:

Well I am not saying people shouldn't be astonished but every fricking chapter is almost about how astonishing he is.People are so astonished that I think if he takes a shit people will be die by astonishment.I mean give some f***ing limelight to some side characters too.I mean I wanted to watch Pill Demon going through his tribulation but again it was made into a chapter about how astonished they are by MH.Ergen emphasized on Pill demon's 2 lifetime worth punch but that too was shit.They show so much characters that have really good potential but they are made into fodder too soon if you ask me they should have kept some characters that can at least compete with him.They hyped the ancient dao rite thing with some chosens.But as soon as those characters appeared they were made into fodder.Not even a single one from those top chosens was worth much.
    Ok ya that makes sense. I also would have liked to see pill demon pass the tribulation on his own and such when he himself told meng hao to just watch. Oh well, i believe once meng hao gets outside South Heaven, things will get better again. 1 thing i won't accept though is that issth latest chapters are like atg. I am sorry but atg is absolute trash compared to issth. Even by itself, atg is nothing worth to talk about
    Your vs You're
    Defiantly vs Definitely
    Loose vs Lose
    Than vs Then
    To vs Too
    NO 'Should/Could of'

• BookWorm said:
    BookWorm said:

Ok ya that makes sense. I also would have liked to see pill demon pass the tribulation on his own and such when he himself told meng hao to just watch. Oh well, i believe once meng hao gets outside South Heaven, things will get better again. 1 thing i won't accept though is that issth latest chapters are like atg. I am sorry but atg is absolute trash compared to issth. Even by itself, atg is nothing worth to talk about
    Dude I am not saying ATG is comparable to ISSTH.I can say that Ergen's writing in ISSTH is way more profound than some novels i have read like ST,DE,TDG.The way Ergen shows cultivation, daos etc is more likebale for me than the other novels which have half baked explanations about daos and stuff and even in that area ATG will probably rank the lowest.In Dao of writing Mars is way below than other authors.But I will say this that the way MH is shown right now is just like Yun Che.He singlehandedly runs the show, every chapter is about MH doing stuff which astonishes people.If we search for the word astonished in every novel most likely ATG will come 1st and ISSTH will come 2nd in the number of times the word astonished appears in the novles.But that doesn't mean ATG writing is comparable to ISSTH.
  • The problem with the astonishment factor (in my opinion) is simply that it is unavoidable due to the way most if not all these stories are written. You want the underdog MC to start punching above his weight. Then, in order for the author to hold his readership, they'll widen that power gap ever more via power creep. Ultimately the astonishment is simply something that needs to be there and be conveyed to the reader as aotherwise they'll question why no one seems to be surprised at this guy punching so hilariously far above his weight class. ISSTH actually pushed that "everyone's astonished" threshold pretty far back. It was only in the western desert when he started to equal people an entire realm above him.
    Though I have to admit I hate how pill demon's ascension was handled in the end. This is the guy who had two lifetimes worth of preperation and was on of the most mysterious characters in the story, yet his door-prep did not seem significantly different from the other attemptees. And that last 5% bit had me almost facepalming at how hamfisted that was handled.
  • Yeah man I also agree that they need the astonishment factor but when its used so much it makes the story kinda annoying for me.Especially for the past few arcs after the wang ancestor thing it has become kinda annoying how much astonished people are getting and its get even more annoying when good characters are showcased as fodder.
  • Yeah man I also agree that they need the astonishment factor but when its used so much it makes the story kinda annoying for me.Especially for the past few arcs after the wang ancestor thing it has become kinda annoying how much astonished people are getting and its get even more annoying when good characters are showcased as fodder.
    I am curious to see how you think the astonishment factor should be handled. I mean right now meng hao is so op in his own realm that it does not make sense for people not to be astonished. Especially with things happening like they are in the latest chapters: him reaching 1st place in 2 levels in quite astonishing and unorthodox ways. Unless you make meng hao less op and be equal to the top tier chosen, which is not happening.
    Your vs You're
    Defiantly vs Definitely
    Loose vs Lose
    Than vs Then
    To vs Too
    NO 'Should/Could of'

• I know astonishment is like a required thing for novels.But I don't want to read about astonishment every single chapter, almost every chapter have a line or two about how heaven defying MH is and how astonished they are.
  • I was hoping Meng Hao and Fang Yu would both return to the Fang Clan on East Victory and conspire in shenanigans against everyone else.

Really, the dynamic between the two siblings has so much potential for character development (and as a comic gold mine) that I really hope Er Gen went back and addressed it later in the story.
  • It was so disappointing.   Fang Yu is finally out of secluded meditation, Meng Hao returns from the competition, the entire family spends a year together, and we don't get to see the two of them get up to mischief. Oh, come on!
  • I love to see Lord Fifth fooling around. He adds comical reliefs to the story.
  • edited September 2016
    Latest chapter had me (as an MtG fan) think back to Tarkir.

well, images apparently don't work and deleting posts does neither.