Desolate Era - Latest Chapter Discussions

124»

Comments

• book 17 chapter 19 & 20 are the most satisfying chapters so far xD
  • XD ikr is couldn't wait so i read 21 and its just the 2 daofathers being like, 'my disciple, gimme'
  • From the teaser, that RWX gave us, it seems that we are in for an interesting chapter. 
  • this ji ning is one lucky son of a gun... G... everything works out for him...

I truly won't be surprised if he marries with nuwa herself and become the new ruler of the three realms...
  • edited September 2016
    Wuhuuu celestial immortal, finally. And I guess soon a Pure Yang Immortal aswell. Now that he's a celestial immortal gaining insights in the Dao of the Sword should progress even faster. I guess he will finish mastering that Grand Dao either very early in Book 18 or it will be in the later chapters as a climax to solve a difficulte situation. 

My guess is that he will gain insights early on in Book 18 and later on reveal his Pure Yang Immortal level while he's still being underestimated!

#OffTopic!
    Ren finally got rid of a nuisance! All hail Ren! 
  • lail said:
    Wuhuuu celestial immortal, finally. And I guess soon a Pure Yang Immortal aswell. Now that he's a celestial immortal gaining insights in the Dao of the Sword should progress even faster. I guess he will finish mastering that Grand Dao either very early in Book 18 or it will be in the later chapters as a climax to solve a difficulte situation. 

My guess is that he will gain insights early on in Book 18 and later on reveal his Pure Yang Immortal level while he's still being underestimated!

#OffTopic!
    I have the same feeling...

#OffTopic!

Hope so... hahahaha
  • edited September 2016
    Somebody needs to piss off Ji Ning.

Recent chapters are necessary backbone to the story but lacks conflict with enmity.

Still worth the read though, looking forward to the future.
    I mean, they murdered his reincarnated parents and destroyed their souls. They've threatened to kill him multiple times and even trapped the soul of his junior apprentice brothers' only lover and even destroyed it. This is excluding the fact that they have enslaved him for years beforehand. 

I'd be pretty pissed off if you ask me tongue 
  • Yogi said:

I mean, they murdered his reincarnated parents and destroyed their souls. They've threatened to kill him multiple times and even trapped the soul of his junior apprentice brothers' only lover and even destroyed it. This is excluding the fact that they have enslaved him for years beforehand. 

I'd be pretty pissed off if you ask me 
    Don't sweat the small stuff!
  • Out of all the novels that IET has written, I feel that DE has been the most consistently good novel so far. When I read ST, I was instantly enamored with the MC and his family dynamic. Then after the first Tribulation the book straight to poop. Coiling Dragon, great until ascension. After that I'm sure everyone will agree Bebe's character got too one denominational and the plot wasn't as interesting. But with Desolate Era, I can hardly wait for each chapter. The villains are interesting, the MC isn't perfect and at the same time still amazing, and Subhuti is that awesome step-dad we all wanted growing up. I really want to see this next book.  
  • edited October 2016
    Ok, so far we are at chapter 47 of the current book. Around book 20 Ning made a breakthrough to Pure Yang True Immortal. It's a little bit later than I thought but it's still "rather early" than late.

But on current state. Puh, poor Ning losing his Dao-Companion. But who knows, Ji Ning is a monster of a MC. I'm pretty sure he'll very soon profit from it and temper his Dao-Heart even further most probably reaching the bottleneck for his next Heartforce level or reaching the next level completely and being able to fight of the Daofather Golem!

Very exciting novel so far.

Edit: I just want to mention: This is NO SPOILER but simply my thoughts on how the story is most probably going proceed.
  • He already reached the bottleneck, he will probably go to lvl 4 heartforce and/or master soul heartforce.
  • Ji Ning really can't enjoy having a family much. In his first life, he was a crippled young man that had money but no family time. Second life, he finally had a family but unfortunately his mother's clan was wiped out, his uncle died to save them, his mother was afflicted with an injury that claimed her life, and his father's clan was a big fish in a little pond. Not to mention that the biggest fish there was a group of douche's that were responsible for the whole debacle. Family seems like a constant source of suffering for this guy despite his profound love his friends and family.
  • edited October 2016
    Huh, I was reading the past chapters when I noticed the line (during Subhuti and Shennon's discussion) that the Godking picked up a lot of people that were driven to madness by their demonheart and then restored their sanity.    Although I didn't catch it before, I just remembered that King Yang was able to return to sanity as well.   What are the chances that the "Yama King" is also a spy? 

And now that I'm thinking about these things, I wonder if Brightmoon's past life will ever get revealed.  I can't even imagine the awkwardness of the baby girl you're raising suddenly having the mindset of a bajillion year old granny.  Or worse, geezer. 
  • Wuuhuu, what an anti-climatic end for book 18. F5iend, your theory about the Yama King isn't wrong. It's just the Seamless Gate and the Nuwa Alliance already finished gathering their soldiers and yama King never made much of an appearance anymore. So, this sidekick fullfilled his role. 

About Brightmoon. I don't know where you are coming from. Usually newborn don't get their memories when they are reborn that is because they drink that very lovely tonic to forget everything. While there are certain strong immortals that get their memories back but not all of them. So far I don't see Brightmoon as a future keyfigure as you are laying it out because her introduction was simply too unimportant. 

• What do you think will happen?

Chapter teaser below!

“Your humble servant will go right now.” The attendant chortled, then walked forward.

Mount Dashcloud was extremely large, and there were many regions from which one could view all of the remnant sword-scars left behind. The first row only had twenty-seven seats, but there was a distance of more than thirty meters between each seat. This way, everyone could train calmly.

The attendant walked straight towards Ning. “My fellow Dao-” the attendant began to say in a shrill voice, reaching out to pat Ning on the shoulders.

When training, Ning had his heartforce spread out to cover this entire minor world. He was completely focused on his meditations and on the sword-scars left behind by Daofather Fuju. He was mentally deducing and inferring one type of sword-art after another! He had already visualized thousands of different types, more than ten of which were more powerful than the [Three-Foot Sword].

Every so often, he would gain an insight from the visualized sword-arts. This would allow Ning to walk farther and farther along the path of swordforce.

At this moment, Ning was completely focusing on deducing yet another powerful sword-art.

Pat!

Someone patted him on the shoulder.

Ning was instantly startled awake…and all of the effort he had put into analyzing this sword-art went completely to waste.

“My heartforce has covered this entire minor world. If any Empyrean God or True Immortal arrives, I should have found out long ago. Who the hell just disturbed me?”

• That poor servant. His only crimes are having a bad boss and the inability to see a XianXia protagonist.
  • Given that 'surpass the Dao of the Heavens' is part of the topics in the latest chapters; going back to the bloodforge of the Darknorth swords (book 4 chapter 5)

“Senior.” Ning couldn’t help but say. “Just then, I sensed an awesome presence that seemed even higher than that of the ‘Dao’…” He had meditated on the Dao before, and had gained a hint of an insight into the aura of the Dao. However, just now, when undergoing the Rites of Bloodforging, that ancient, natural aura that had emanated forth made him feel as though he had touched a powerful, mighty existence which was even more ancient than the Dao.

Does this have been addressed? Someone has a theory about it?

• eulerman said:
    Given that 'surpass the Dao of the Heavens' is part of the topics in the latest chapters; going back to the bloodforge of the Darknorth swords (book 4 chapter 5)

“Senior.” Ning couldn’t help but say. “Just then, I sensed an awesome presence that seemed even higher than that of the ‘Dao’…” He had meditated on the Dao before, and had gained a hint of an insight into the aura of the Dao. However, just now, when undergoing the Rites of Bloodforging, that ancient, natural aura that had emanated forth made him feel as though he had touched a powerful, mighty existence which was even more ancient than the Dao.

Does this have been addressed? Someone has a theory about it?

Has it has been said there are outher worlds(three realms world, or slames gate world) out there that have there own systems that have there advantages/disadvantages that have come in to being or where created by the people living it. This why the sword Dao was different it used the dao of another world fused with the three realms sword Dao to improve abon it.
  • infernodc said:
    Really great way to earn money 
    Okay, this is the third time, you need to be banned.
  • Ok, so now there are 18 nings?! I just hope that he doesn't act like an asinine moron and take advantage of this secret
  • So he now has an upgrade method like the book title suggested. But what is the process to refine them into a jindan? Also why wouldn't the doaist that adventured in the undermoon world say what happened to him down there? Seems selfish to not explain the dangers/trials.
  • I guess the process is simply smelting his jindan and creating it anew. That's just a far fetched guys but it might be that simple. But it doesn't really matter. Techniques aren't throughly explained anyway. We will probably get some superficial information of the process just like with Ning's supreme evasion technique and that's it, so it doesn't really matter at all. All we know is the amount of the chaos materials he needs.

Next up: There's nothing wrong with being selfish. It's survival of the fittest and not charity.
  • edited November 2017
    i removed this comment
  • edited November 2017
    About the siths
    Anyone else feel like the cultivators lose the war instead of winning. Because there are no survivors so they can't be sure they won. And with all the builds up about the siths it seems like a good final opponent.

Edit: originally responded with a spoiler tag and an extra line warning to not click the spoiler, but assuming someone will still click then complain, so just removed it since this isn't the spoiler thread anyway.
  • Chanmanm8 said:

Edit: originally responded with a spoiler tag and an extra line warning to not click the spoiler, but assuming someone will still click then complain, so just removed it since this isn't the spoiler thread anyway.
    But it isn't really a spoiler ^^ only a hypothesis
  • Chanmanm8 said:

Chanmanm8 said:

No no, I meant I was going to provide the answer along with some other details as I'm ahead of the normal translation in case you wanted an answer, while also expanding on Sith and their power as well. If you want to know and don't want to dig through the tons of old posts send me a PM.
  • edited December 2017
    Can be a reverse, some remnant of the Sithe rising up. We had the world inside Hellephant Wall, so there can be more - and they can have better stuff. Those guys had only weak talent, but if there is a Sithe Autarch somewhere, that could be worthy trouble. Or even if just a bunch of guys with Black Emperor transformations like how Bluestone has, that could be a challenge for MC in some following books.