Desolate Era - Latest Chapter Discussions

Comments

• Honestly at this point it just looks like people are going out of their way to dislike Ninelotus. It's been made clear from the get go she was never in love with Ji Ning so what do people expect from her? 
  • vex said:
    Honestly at this point it just looks like people are going out of their way to dislike Ninelotus. It's been made clear from the get go she was never in love with Ji Ning so what do people expect from her? 
    I would say she was actually in love with him.  Just that she has her own way.  And the environment she grew up in is far different from Ji Ning.  Maybe in the surface, they can enjoy each other's company.  But deep down, when more and more of what is considered "her" and "him" are revealed, they just don't mix well anymore.  It's sad for the both of them.
  • lilygel said:
    vex said:
    Honestly at this point it just looks like people are going out of their way to dislike Ninelotus. It's been made clear from the get go she was never in love with Ji Ning so what do people expect from her? 
    I would say she was actually in love with him.  Just that she has her own way.  And the environment she grew up in is far different from Ji Ning.  Maybe in the surface, they can enjoy each other's company.  But deep down, when more and more of what is considered "her" and "him" are revealed, they just don't mix well anymore.  It's sad for the both of them.
    It's explained in the chapter she leaves the cave that she would learn to love Ji Ning but only overtime. This relationship didn't even make it out of the baby stages. 

One thing I'm curious about is if Ji Ning was in love with her? Or was is it just the longing and affection that the Forefather described. Also props to IET for showing a realistic relationship where sometimes it just doesn't work and neither side is to blame. 
  • vex said:
    It's explained in the chapter she leaves the cave that she would learn to love Ji Ning but only overtime. This relationship didn't even make it out of the baby stages. 

One thing I'm curious about is if Ji Ning was in love with her? Or was is it just the longing and affection that the Forefather described. Also props to IET for showing a realistic relationship where sometimes it just doesn't work and neither side is to blame. 
    I thought that was about her thinking that she will gain "control" over him.  IIRC, she realizes that Ji Ning is just a lot more powerful than she thought.  That he is not that poor sad guy who needs her to protect him.  There was this part when Autumn Leaf told her the reason why Ning likes to just sleep on a boat above the lake.  I thought the story tickled Ninelotus' motherly instincts and felt that he needs her.

Unfortunately for the both of them, Ji Ning is very proud of himself.  Proud in the sense that he believes that he can reach a very powerful stage and that it's not worth lowering his head to those who are over him (in terms of both power and authority) at the moment.

As for Ning's feelings, I think he was infatuated with her surface personality.  Which is why he felt really good together with her for those few months.  It's a feeling he never had before in his life.  You can imagine the elation.  But, again, deep down, they are opposing.  Ning cannot accept Ninelotus' way, and Ninelotus is also unable to be the one giving in for him.  As Ning said himself, "He is himself.  She is herself."  Sadly, they could not achieve balance and thus they could only go their separate ways.
  • So I've been thinking about the disparity between the power levels of fiendgods and human cultivators of the same level. Does that mean only human cultivators that cultivate grand daos can stand on equal footing with fiendgods of the same level? Because iirc the ancient fiendgod from the raindrop guard trials was wary of Immortal Dancai (I'm assuming that the ancient fiendgod was void level and nothing higher).
  • vex said:
    So I've been thinking about the disparity between the power levels of fiendgods and human cultivators of the same level. Does that mean only human cultivators that cultivate grand daos can stand on equal footing with fiendgods of the same level? Because iirc the ancient fiendgod from the raindrop guard trials was wary of Immortal Dancai (I'm assuming that the ancient fiendgod was void level and nothing higher).
    He was scared of the potential of swarms of humans going after his a$$
  • that moment when u actually feel sad for the sect that killed MCs parents RIP snowdragon mountain xD
  • looks like DE is about to get real eventful lol
  • I'm confused. Whats the difference between Buddhas and Taoists... 
  • edited April 2016
    Lowlav said:
    I'm confused. Whats the difference between Buddhas and Taoists... 
    http://www.diffen.com/difference/Buddhism_vs_Taoism

a lot actually if you go in details. here you go hope that helped clear somethings :smile: 
  • Why do they call it Tao, when it's actually Dao? (道)

Or am I mistaken and Tao/Dao are two different things?
  • no same thing taoism is the correct word but daoist is also used so no different
  • Anybody feel like Ning was a massive jerk in this chapter?  He's telling them to hand over that girl or he'll kill them all.  I know he's just trying meet the requirements but is he really okay with taking a disciple through violence?  Qi Xiaoyu seemed to be at least somewhat fond of the prince and princesses.   If they were pressured into giving her away, wouldn't she dislike or maybe even hate her "master"?
  • yup i felt the same thing..he could always go look for someone else too..sometime his attitude reminded me a bit of youngflame guy too
  • F5iend said:
    Anybody feel like Ning was a massive jerk in this chapter?  He's telling them to hand over that girl or he'll kill them all.  I know he's just trying meet the requirements but is he really okay with taking a disciple through violence?  Qi Xiaoyu seemed to be at least somewhat fond of the prince and princesses.   If they were pressured into giving her away, wouldn't she dislike or maybe even hate her "master"?
    As I see it he was just scaring them into telling the truth, and he could pretty clearly see how they looked down on him and the greed towards what he had.
  • Well, I guess now that the latest chapter has been released, Ning's attitude makes a lot more sense now. 
  • The only thing that bothers me about this novel is how poor the dialogue is. I mean, the author writes something like:

The Immortal estate was full of danger.

Then he follows that with a character dialogue of:

"Hm, this Immortal Estate seems to be quite dangerous. I better be careful!"

It just makes the character come off as either incredibly stupid or he just seems to be a puppet that's echoing the narrator of the story.
  • It's a translation thing.  As I understand it, Chinese dialects don't rely on synonyms nearly so much as English, and thus when translated it can come out as a little bit repetitive.  Also, subtle differences in emphasis of word arrangements tend to get lost in translation.
  • balinor said:
    Lowlav said:
    I'm confused. Whats the difference between Buddhas and Taoists... 
    http://www.diffen.com/difference/Buddhism_vs_Taoism

a lot actually if you go in details. here you go hope that helped clear somethings :smile: 
    I think Lowlay was more confused about how they differ as cultivators in the world of the story. Author so far has not explained what Buddist have instead of daos.
  • Yo guys, why no chapter of DE today, I'm scared :cold_sweat: 
  • I'm extremely confused... the divine ability Buddha - realm in palm (or whatever it's name is) should go perfectly with the Star-Seizing hand, shouldn't it? I mean, if your hands are your strongest attribute then making them huge will just create a much stronger attack, right? And besides, out of all the rare abilities in the room he chose the one that practically every power has? come on...
  • starkpyre said:
    I'm extremely confused... the divine ability Buddha - realm in palm (or whatever it's name is) should go perfectly with the Star-Seizing hand, shouldn't it? I mean, if your hands are your strongest attribute then making them huge will just create a much stronger attack, right? And besides, out of all the rare abilities in the room he chose the one that practically every power has? come on...
    Concentrated density and overwhelming volume effects don't stack, or something, apparently.  

Torch Dragon's Eyes is another of those (relatively) common, powerful, but hard-to-master and incomplete techniques.  Ji Ning is now practicing the much rarer complete style.
  • Greyman said:
    starkpyre said:
    Concentrated density and overwhelming volume effects don't stack, or something, apparently.  

Torch Dragon's Eyes is another of those (relatively) common, powerful, but hard-to-master and incomplete techniques.  Ji Ning is now practicing the much rarer complete style.
    My problem with it is that it would be better to take some secret art or anything which is good for him but he can't find elsewhere, then procure the Torch Dragon divine ability seeing as it is much less valuable (because of its rarity) rather than just taking a divine ability he would probably be able to procure anyhow.
  • starkpyre said:
    Greyman said:
    starkpyre said:

My problem with it is that it would be better to take some secret art or anything which is good for him but he can't find elsewhere, then procure the Torch Dragon divine ability seeing as it is much less valuable (because of its rarity) rather than just taking a divine ability he would probably be able to procure anyhow.
    First it's important to realize that in Patriarch's eyes it was "relatively common" but that didn't mean it was widely available at all, remember no one who wasn't a disciple of the patriarch could learn it without special dispensation. It was also described as one of the most useful support abilities in the three realms. He already has SSH to enhance str, 8x9 for defense, Houyi's for ranged and his myriad sword arts for close combat. He didn't have an evasive technique available from 3realms palace so he couldn't choose one. Thus he felt the torch dragon eye ability was best overall compliment to him. I do now wonder if the Patriarch himself or has crazy ji swap out which techs are available for his personal disciples. It seems wildly unlikely he has no top-tier evasive techs. Patriarch even alluded to having Garuda's Wings after all.
  • malcience said:
    starkpyre said:
    Greyman said:
    starkpyre said:

First it's important to realize that in Patriarch's eyes it was "relatively common" but that didn't mean it was widely available at all, remember no one who wasn't a disciple of the patriarch could learn it without special dispensation. It was also described as one of the most useful support abilities in the three realms. He already has SSH to enhance str, 8x9 for defense, Houyi's for ranged and his myriad sword arts for close combat. He didn't have an evasive technique available from 3realms palace so he couldn't choose one. Thus he felt the torch dragon eye ability was best overall compliment to him. I do now wonder if the Patriarch himself or has crazy ji swap out which techs are available for his personal disciples. It seems wildly unlikely he has no top-tier evasive techs. Patriarch even alluded to having Garuda's Wings after all.
    It's more likely that he just doesn't put them in because he develops one that is extremely suited for each of his personal disciples.
  • xaryte said:
    malcience said:
    starkpyre said:
    Greyman said:
    starkpyre said:

It's more likely that he just doesn't put them in because he develops one that is extremely suited for each of his personal disciples.
    The Patriarch does say himself that the best dive ability is the one most suited to you.
  • Sheesh, go away for thirty years and everything changes.  Who knew.
  • I'm soooooooooo frustrated, again, every vital secret that needs to be preserved gets spoiled literally same moment it was created, by Seamless Gate ... :/
  • I just wonder how the author will explain that supreme intelligence network. 
  • lail said:
    I just wonder how the author will explain that supreme intelligence network. 
    Well if we are to believe the God Kings power...

Patriarch Subhuti has an ability that allows him to see pretty much everything within The Three Realms, and so it may be possible that this God King of theirs has a similar ability if not the same. It could very well be that he is simply watching all this go down, and delivering the information to his subordinates. Or perhaps The God King has a disciple or a few other people with this ability that are transmitting the information. We honestly don't know what abilities these people have, or who is on their side that could be giving them this information. Hell...The Xia Emperor's pet could very well be a traitor.