Desolate Era - Latest Chapter Discussions

Comments

• i'm also fiending for the next chapter
  • i have a question. What happen with the 10 years and the chance to get the divine ability of the underwater mansion? (sorry for bad english)
  • whered RWX go?
  • sopik said:
    i have a question. What happen with the 10 years and the chance to get the divine ability of the underwater mansion? (sorry for bad english)
    that part already happened. it happened during the mini arc with ji clan vs snow dragon clan.
  • sopik said:
    i have a question. What happen with the 10 years and the chance to get the divine ability of the underwater mansion? (sorry for bad english)
    Yup, he already got the best possible divine ability, when he defeated this swarm of golems after awakening his divine will :)
    If you'd like more chapters of ISSI or Tales send me a note on patreon!
  • Book 9 Chapter 37

I'm now not too clear on what Ninelotus want.  On one end, she gain full realization of her inner self--her ambitions, her need for control.  On the other, she still seem to want to be with Ji Ning and nurture her feelings for him despite realizing his potential far surpasses her "controllable range."

In the first place, the range of what's included within what she calls "control" is vague to me.  Is it something as simple as anything she can manipulate and order around?  I have a feeling that it's not as simple as that, but I can't put it in words.

I wouldn't have been surprised if she gave up choosing Ji Ning as dao-companion and just friendzone him or something like that.  Maybe even become his sworn sister.  Her choosing to still nurture the buds of love, hoping for the future when they can swear to each other that they're willing to die for the other, threw my understanding of her.

I hope the future chapters will make her stance clearer.

P.S.
    Might she be thinking of becoming one of those domineering wives and the reason she still has not given up on Ning is because she believes he will become someone who will dance on the top of her palms and do whatever she wants him to do?

I have phrased it in a negative way, but I hope I got my point across.
  • She likes him a lot, think he will be good for her, and she believes that by the time he grows so strong she can't think of controlling him in any way she'll love him enough that it won't matter.

• I wonder how many books this novel's RAWs have up to now... Anyone got a clue?
  • edited March 2016
    I wonder how many books this novel's RAWs have up to now... Anyone got a clue?
    its already over with 46 volumes
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • so is ren done doing weekend releases?
  • edited March 2016
    So, I guess that what happens will be: They young master openly demands ninelotus and yu wei to come over to be his concubines in exchange for sparing their lifes (after ning and his group obtain the immortal treasure from that whatever-was-he-called before leaving the estate) - Ninelotus goes over to the young master to save her skin, while yu wei refuses and would rather die. She, ning, northson and the fourth guy fight with the fiendgod and ning ends up using his protective treasure from underwater estate to kill him - thus making young master flee. Ninelotus is speechless and tries to apologize and explain herself, but ning pushes her away. He returns to his serpentwing lake with yu wei and the two start getting along even more and end up becoming a pair ~
  • edited March 2016
    I completely agree with you, Caladbolg... Although I'm really curious to see how Ning's group will be able to overpower the thousands of monsters within the estate -- after all, in the latest chapter it was said that they had Immortals as leaders. I've already given up on Ninelotus too lmao, it'd be quite shocking if she doesn't join the young master's side eventually. She's such a two-faced bitch. I preferred Yu Wei over her all along.
  • Well, I wouldn't go as far as calling her that. She isn't bad for a man who likes to be controlled by his woman. She just doesn't fit Ji Ning and it's bad of her to not be self-aware enough (still, lmao) to realize that... : P
  • I feel like he will kill youngflame as he will cause more trouble alive then dead
  • Mmm, i don't think he will go as far as killing him. It would be too much trouble in the long run, even comapred to letting him go free.
  • Well, I think Ning and Ninelotus will stop being dao companions and that IET will give a DE type reason like their Dao Hearts conflict or aren't compatable because of how volume 10 chapter 22 went and what happened in volume 10 chapter 2 went concerning Autumn Leaf.
  • I can't help but feel that ninelotus and ji ning's relationship is doomed to fail. They have very different ideals when it comes to peoples' worth. Ji Ning values people on an individual basis, while Ninelotus has a very elitist view. And it is, in fact, the only thing they have argued over. 

Ninelotus will tolerate these things (latest chapter) because youngflame is of a noble descent and she cannot afford to offend youngflame for the sake of her clan; something else she values greatly in contrast to Ji Ning. And Ji Ning already said youngflame went way over the line to an intolerable degree.

Given these two points, i just don't see Ji Ning ever being willing to watch while Ninelotus cater to depraved individuals like youngflame simply because of who his daddy is. 
  • One thing I still don't get though is how submissive she's being. Her clan isn't weaker than the Youngflame clan to the point where the next leader of the Dongyan clan can be toyed with by a potential clan leader. She could easily flip the script and say Youngflame was giving her no face by requesting her to do such things. Or is it because he can just leave her and put all his frustration towards Ji Ning who has no one backing him (she currently wouldn't die for him iirc).
  • edited March 2016
    vex said:
    One thing I still don't get though is how submissive she's being. Her clan isn't weaker than the Youngflame clan to the point where the next leader of the Dongyan clan can be toyed with by a potential clan leader. She could easily flip the script and say Youngflame was giving her no face by requesting her to do such things. Or is it because he can just leave her and put all his frustration towards Ji Ning who has no one backing him (she currently wouldn't die for him iirc).
    Actually you're wrong. Youngflame's clan is castly superior to stillwater commandery, to say nothing of ninelotus's clan. 

Mind you, we haven't left stillwater throughout ji ning's incarnation! And it is stated youngflame's territory is 3x that of stillwater. 

But as far as her being submissive, that is just who she is. Her elitist view of people shows she believes people like youngflame can get away with this behavior, (This was exhibited with her view of autumn leaf.  ) and her loyalty to her clan prevents her from offending youngflame because doing so would be detrimental to her clan politically. 

Their dao hearts are simply too different in this regard. She will lick boots of her betters, and ji ning won't take shit from anyone. 
  • ninelotus needs to get slapped
  • Youngflame is such a little twat, so is that Snow Mountain dude. Hope they both die really soon.
  • Wow, am I imagining this? A LN that didn't stretch out the killing of a bad guy for a needless number of chapters? I wonder how Ji Ning is going to deal with the Youngflame clan and protect his people at the same time. Also, Ninelotus can get the fudge out of there.
  • edited March 2016
    I would love to - for once - see a development where the clan recognizes that their young master was being crap and doesn't pursue MC for BS reason... That would surprise me a lot, honestly, hehe... :P
  • Caladbolg said:
    I would love to - for once - see a development where the clan recognizes that their young master was being crap and doesn't pursue MC for BS reason... That would surprise me a lot, honestly, hehe... :P
    well for this time, it's pretty legitimate that they go after the MC, the dude was the favored heir, so all his stats were good enough to make loosing him an issue. plus MC's from the yuchi clan and the know the MC has a blood feud with them. all in all this is one of the better played out scenarios considering how most just force it and damned be common sense.
  • Yeah, now that you point it out, their clan is inheritedly evil... So that won't be surprising, I guess... I would kinda want to see a 'good' major clan for once, but that wouldn't make plot development easy or interesting - as far as getting an 'archenemy' for a few following books goes :P
  • Interested in seeing the bears reaction when Ji Ning tells him what happened. 
  • I wonder what the new book is going to be about... Its title is kinda confusing.
  • Now that shitty Book 10 is over (okay, it might not exactly be shitty as it might have a meaning for future developments, but it made me feel not good after reading it and I blame Ninelotus), I'm looking forward to Ji Ning's character development.  I hope there is such a thing in this novel.  Reading someone's road to cultivation which is simply filled with offending powers and leveling up and building a harem spanning for a couple thousand of chapters is plain boring.

On another note, it's hard to really put the blame on Ninelotus.  In her circle, flattering and catering to a greater power's favor is very normal.  For modern people (like the readers), it's most likely very repulsive.  I, myself, developed hate towards her because of it, although, logically, her actions are understandable.

Sigh.

Book 11 is 36 chapters so it would be a bit of a wait.  Well, it will probably be done in a month(?).
  • Ninelotus is a child, really.   She is a spoiled princess, raised to be a playgirl socialite, who just missed the opportunity to grow up to be a warrior queen.

Thumbs up to her for actually realising she didn't have the moxy to do so, when it came to the crunch, and bonus points for not making a terrible drama of the scene.

• Yeah tbh I'm giving Ninelotus bonus points too for not causing too big of a drama. At first I too thought she'd swap sides and pick Youngflame over Ning.