Desolate Era - Latest Chapter Discussions

Comments

• I really want to see Meng Jun's face when Meng Roch enters Black-White College. We all know it's going to happen.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • The question is he gonna take the girl with him as well...?
  • Somebody needs to piss off Ji Ning.

Recent chapters are necessary backbone to the story but lacks conflict with enmity.

Still worth the read though, looking forward to the future.
  • this is a question that has been bugging me for a while now

since Ning broke through at the age of 10 or 11, is Ning able to impregnate women?
  • esty said:

this is a question that has been bugging me for a while now

since Ning broke through at the age of 10 or 11, is Ning able to impregnate women?

Finally someone to ask the important questions...
  • from book 1 chapter 12. (i think it was also later mentioned when he finally went out to kill beasts not long before he became a xiantian)

"Six years. Ning, who had trained for six years, was now ten years old.
    But because in this life, he had been training in accordance with the
    [Scarlet Diagram of the Nine Shining Heavens], he had already reached a
    height of 1.6 meters tall, just ten centimeters shorter than he had been
    in his previous life. His appearance was almost identical to how he had
    looked in his previous life."

at 10 years old he already looked like he did in the past. while doesn't mention how old he looks. it could be interpreted that he has a body that at least looks as old as he was when he died. so i dunno, it's up to you to decided if his weapon works or not.
  • DE B7 C30

And here I thought the disciples were all "kind" to their fellow students.   My impression of him was a proud swordsman, but then he started comparing heritage and clans.  Those aren't acquired by his own skills.  I don't think those are things one should be proud of especially when you want to compare yourself in personal skills and power. Haaa...jealousy.

Well, there seems to be a possible love interest and a rival in school.  These should add some more color to his school life. :P
  • lilygel said:

DE B7 C30

And here I thought the disciples were all "kind" to their fellow students.   My impression of him was a proud swordsman, but then he started comparing heritage and clans.  Those aren't acquired by his own skills.  I don't think those are things one should be proud of especially when you want to compare yourself in personal skills and power. Haaa...jealousy.

Well, there seems to be a possible love interest and a rival in school.  These should add some more color to his school life. :P

Impossibru! No way a possible love interest can be described as being less attractive than someone else!

She has to be the smoothest of jades and whitest of snows!

And that guy is just a dick.
  • lilygel said:

DE B7 C30

Impossibru! No way a possible love interest can be described as being less attractive than someone else!

She has to be the smoothest of jades and whitest of snows!

And that guy is just a dick.
    Haha.  I still think there's that small chance, after all, they instantly hit it off.  Of course, there's also the possibility that they will just be good friends.

Senior apprentice might be the one whose arrogance will be broken this time.  Poor dude.
  • Didnt Ji ning achieve the realm of divine Eye instead of divine sense think it was mentioned when he was fighting in the divine ability hall?
  • Didnt Ji ning achieve the realm of divine Eye instead of divine sense think it was mentioned when he was fighting in the divine ability hall?

'Opening your divine Eye' = having a divine sense, is my understanding.
  • Anyone here looking forward in the meeting of Ji ning and tbe Azure Skysnake? Cause I'm feeling that they would be good friend after their meeting.
  • Anyone here looking forward in the meeting of Ji ning and tbe Azure Skysnake? Cause I'm feeling that they would be good friend after their meeting.

Definitely. Maybe more then friends??? Fat chance, but Ning needs a Dao Companion! Curse IET for being such a non-romance inclined author!
  • Would be great, but since it's IET, it will probably be more subtle, like in CD... Sigh, too bad~~
    If you'd like more chapters of ISSI or Tales send me a note on patreon!

Ah, well, Ji Qingqing seems to be taking the lead towards this, maybe.   Grabbing the initiative to offer to become Ji Ning's spirit beast companion, taking his clan name when she did, leaning against him comfortably, teasing his apprentice brother, plying Ji Ning with gifts, and things.   We'll have to see where it goes.

• Hey just curious has anyone else noticed the inter swapping of the words "green" and "Azure" azure is just another word for blue so I'm wondering is qingqing blue or green
  • edited February 2016

It's a translation issue.   Qingqing's coloration is grue.

Many languages do not distinguish between what in English are described as "blue" and "green", respectively. They instead use a cover term spanning both. When the issue is discussed in linguistics, this cover term is sometimes called grue in English.

Quoted from the wikipedia entry on the linguistic indistinction.   And further down we get the explanaition for "qing".

The word is is used to describe colors ranging from light and yellowish green through deep blue all the way to black.
  • what a horrible romance, comes out of nowhere, lasts like 3 chapters and her only purpose was to give ji ning incites and enemies.
  • Haha... Whenever romance succeeds in some form in xianxia, they get separated for some reason or another
  • I have given up around 70% of my expectations on the romance part of the novel. I just wish that she brought Ji Ning with her. She seems steady with her feelings, but she's unexpectedly easily swayed. I'm afraid her conviction is not strong enough to fight for him. I'm more interested in that Immortal Dong You at the moment. I could only think of it being Qin Yu, but ST's translation is not finished yet so I can't say for sure. According to novelupdates.com, ST and CD are related with DE in that they are in shared universe. And in CD, there is no such scene IIRC. Well, for all we know, Immortal Dong is a unique character in DE and is not connected with ST or CD.
  • DE is not related to CD or ST they were a duology. not even SS is related to CD and a lot of people claim it's hong mengs main universe/cosmos. so yeah no way that dude is qin yu. specially since IET could call qin yu by his name and not make up a new one. at most his name would be qin meng.
  • Well atleast this time the dude does have a point about separating them...
  • Why do I get the feeling that Ning boy is in for some pretty bad disappointment... 
  • Same here, it feels that Ninelotus will be with some other man by the time he goes to grab her... Sigh.
  • Oh god... Another Alice...
  • Haha!  I think everyone is already thinking this first love of his is gonna fail.  I feel it too, but only time can tell for sure.  I just hope it does not progress pretty much the same way as with Linley-Alice.  That's just too lazy.

By the way, was there a character in ST that also fished with a fishing hook that's...well...not a hook?  I kind of remember someone doing the same thing.  Could be Qin Yu himself or the Cyan Emperor?  And does this scene mean anything?  If the author mentioned such a thing, it should have some significance, right?
  • I guess I am the only one here who really liked Alice and who is pretty sure she was supposed to be much more important until the audience got super butthurt about her.
  • Arkeus said:
    I guess I am the only one here who really liked Alice and who is pretty sure she was supposed to be much more important until the audience got super butthurt about her.
    Probably yes.
  • Well there are easy spoilers that can find about Ninelotus if people want to go see. That's all I'll say
  • BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL, I SUMMON RWX TO POST THE NEXT CHAPTER!