Against the Gods - Latest Chapter Discussions

1234568»

Comments

• There's a teaser? gimme dat!
  • beeb said:
    Damned, we're trapped with NO WAY to get out. Quick, let's wear plot armor and see what happens.
    I know loads of people bash 'plot armour' but personally I find it fairly reassuring that the main character I've taken a liking to doesn't just kick the bucket
  • Daborbas said:
    I know loads of people bash 'plot armour' but personally I find it fairly reassuring that the main character I've taken a liking to doesn't just kick the bucket

Neh.   Plot Armor is when main characters routinely resolve situations, not by surprisingly cunning applications of their previously established skill and resources, but rather by the sudden arrival of some ridiculously contrived fortune.

It is a miss application of luck in the narrative.

• Character development in ATG? It's like 80% describing the most beautiful girl in the world and forming a harem by now.
  • There are a lot of comments about the teaser of the latest chapter. Does someone have that? I missed it.

It was a doodle with the caption, "I shall... eat all the weapons!"

• SudSud
    edited June 2016
     Xiao Ying (the guy who switched his son for yun che)   Yun Xiao (Xiao Yings real son?)  Yun Che (basically adopted brother?)

Had to reread to make sure but i think its true. (sorry if this was obvious to other readers)
  • Sud said:
     Xiao Ying (the guy who switched his son for yun che)   Yun Xiao (Xiao Yings real son?)  Yun Che (basically adopted brother?)

Had to reread to make sure but i think its true. (sorry if this was obvious to other readers)
    I agree with you!  I reread it just because I was excited lol... I didn't expect the story to go here once Yun Che was on the primordial ark.  Pretty excited for where the story is headed! (Except everyone Yun Che knows is probably dead right now... or at the very least not enjoying life.)

Did anyone else find it annoying that Yun Che didn't spill the beans of you he was right away?  If they didn't believe him he could've just shown them the reincarnation locket heavenly treasure (forgot the name) that he has.  Or how about his blue handle?  If I was Yun Che I'd want to see my real parents asap lol.

• Twist3d7 said:
    Sud said:

I agree with you!  I reread it just because I was excited lol... I didn't expect the story to go here once Yun Che was on the primordial ark.  Pretty excited for where the story is headed! (Except everyone Yun Che knows is probably dead right now... or at the very least not enjoying life.)

Did anyone else find it annoying that Yun Che didn't spill the beans of you he was right away?  If they didn't believe him he could've just shown them the reincarnation locket heavenly treasure (forgot the name) that he has.  Or how about his blue handle?  If I was Yun Che I'd want to see my real parents asap lol.

It sounds like his next move will be to follow Yun Xiao to meet his clan. As for the samsara mirror (that's the name?), he is currently discussing with an unknown high grade overlord, whom he has no significant ties with, so it could be dangerous (Jasmine told him to run previously...). And the matter of the "lost baby" is probably quite THE secret of the Yun clan. It sounds wiser to conceal this fact to the others (temporarily at least).

So basically I think that for the first time since 1xx chapters, Yun Che made a good decision.
  • Twist3d7 said:

No; he's actually being quite sensible for a change. His identity, the fate of his grandfather, and the message for the Little Empress, are not something to reveal publicly. Nor is the Mirror of Samsara something to show off casually.

To establish his identity he can use the same blood test Yun Canghai used, and besides that he has Yun Canghai's corpse is stored in the Sky Poison Pearl.

• What were the ranks of the profound handle?
  • Red , orange , yellow , green , cyan , blue , purple , gold.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• Waaaait isn't YC also insulting the other guardian families? They didn't go with his grandfather and help, they didn't mock the Yun family but where was their loyalty?
  • Well they weren't hypocrits about it and if their family had only 1 or 2 high Sovereigns at the time , i doubt Canghai would have even asked them to go if they wanted.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• Nabcake said:
    Waaaait isn't YC also insulting the other guardian families? They didn't go with his grandfather and help, they didn't mock the Yun family but where was their loyalty?
    Well they weren't hypocrits about it and if their family had only 1 or 2 high Sovereigns at the time , i doubt Canghai would have even asked them to go if they wanted.

Indeed there is a distinction between "not helping at the time but supporting in the aftermath" and "not helping and then adding insult to injury."

• I kinda dropped ATG after about 580 chapters or so. The plot is kinda repetitive or just like a loop. It goes like
    Tournament->secret area-> power up-> again tournament.
    Correct me if i am wrong but i kinda got bored of the repetitive plot. I hope it got better from chapter 600
  • There will be more killing :3