Against the Gods - Latest Chapter Discussions

Comments

• Well, I do not have any objection toward antagonist but of all people why it has to be burning heaven clan which got destroyed so badly? like the arthor forgot to add this in his plot so he came up with 'Oh I totally forget to add antagonist so lets add it here without foreplan' .You can see that author never told us about Fen Juechen's father and mother and they suddenly come up out of nowhere.

• It's not his biological parent's but his soul ones.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• edited February 2016
    Well, I do not have any objection toward antagonist but of all people why it has to be burning heaven clan which got destroyed so badly? like the arthor forgot to add this in his plot so he came up with 'Oh I totally forget to add antagonist so lets add it here without foreplan' .You can see that author never told us about Fen Juechen's father and mother and they suddenly come up out of nowhere.

The current chapter is 378, in which chapter(s) does it mention Fen Juechen's mother and father in any detail?

In any event, do you remember how Jasmin spoke when she and Yun Che first met?

Jasmin always refered to herself as "This princess..." when speaking to Yun Che. And, now, we have a powerful spirit that refers to himself as "This king...".

Jasmin had an elder brother who wielded a powerful giant sword and, now, the spirit also happens to mention a prince and a divine sword.

So, is this spirit Jasmin's father or is the author throwing out a red herring in order to reel us in?
  • Digao said:
    Well, I do not have any objection toward antagonist but of all people why it has to be burning heaven clan which got destroyed so badly? like the arthor forgot to add this in his plot so he came up with 'Oh I totally forget to add antagonist so lets add it here without foreplan' .You can see that author never told us about Fen Juechen's father and mother and they suddenly come up out of nowhere.

The current chapter is 378, in which chapter(s) does it mention Fen Juechen's mother and father in any detail?

Chapter 378 , but as i mentioned not his biological parents at all.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• Digao said:

Chapter 378 , but as i mentioned not his biological parents at all.
    In other words, unrelated and not parents at all.

• Well they are the parents to his soul , which is a reincarnation. So its not exactly without a connection.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• Well they are the parents to his soul , which is a reincarnation. So its not exactly without a connection.
    No, that would be jumping the gun as it is unclear what will happen next.

Chapter 378 mentions that Fen Juechen will absorb the spirit king's power and memories, and in doing so will destroy the the spirit king's soul.  Fen Juechen's soul remains unchanged (ie not taken over by the spirit king). 
  • “Huang’er, I’m truly your father! When our Eternal Night Royal Family was exterminated by those scoundrels, you were also murdered bloodily by them at that time. Then, your mother confined a wisp of your soul after your death, and using her own life, she unleashed Eternal Night’s taboo technique, so that you could reincarnate after a millennium with half of your blood vessels and soul…”
    “Huang’er, you are the prince of my Eternal Night Royal Family, the last of my Eternal Night Royal Clan’s lineage and hope… I wish you live a good life, seize back my clan’s Heavenly Sin Divine Sword, reestablish the Eternal Night Royal Clan, and take revenge for your mother… for all of your clan members… and for your very own self… You must take revenge… Never forget to take revenge!!!”
    The memories accumulated over the long span of a thousand years gushed towards Fen Juechen’s soul like tidewater, and his expression gradually became sluggish. Finally, he kneeled down on the ground like a lifeless person, and didn’t make any sort of movement for a very long time. His face was filled with the stains of tears that were overflowing from his eyes…

From last chapter.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• Seem like I got it wrong haha, but I still don't please with this plot btw (my opinion ofcouse)
  • So the Eternal Night's Royal Clan is related to Frozen Cloud Asgard per the latest chapter? So does this mean that Fen Juechen might team up with the Yun Che done the road?
  • Nibs said:
    So the Eternal Night's Royal Clan is related to Frozen Cloud Asgard per the latest chapter? So does this mean that Fen Juechen might team up with the Yun Che done the road?
    Dont ask questions that will lead up to spoiler discussions here please.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• I am not. I am only speculating based on what was released in the recent chapters....
  • Go ask in the spoiler section lol
  • Well creating theories is all for people who dont read spoilers. I am going to go ahead and say that Fen Juechen will not avenge burning clan because he will find out he is royal night and fight sword region
  • Not sure if what i write is a discussion, or not;

I just caught up to 384, from 199 through speed reading.

Fen JueChen is now probably one of the antagonists that i'm looking forward to. There are no hints whether he will drop his blood feud with Yun Che (probably not, but is he still fervently one-dimensionally fanatical about killing Yun Che and watching the world burn as he strives towards his original goal?) or will he pick up a new blood feud with Mighty Heavenly Sword Region? Or does he drop everything and begins a new life for himself? (Yun Che hoped for this as compared to picking up a blood feud with him). 

A lot of readers may be upset with the writer for introducing what's a 'suddenly the one antagonists should not be spared happens to be really the antagonist that will raep MC's butt in the future', (its pretty much a standard plot / subplot tool in many xianxia&wuxia&xuanhuan stories), but I think that it balances the world thus far. Would love to see how both sides face this when they face each other again. Fen JueChen thinks Little Aunt is the cause of the hate (LOL)
  • Is there any novel without any romance or harem at all because I am getting seriously irritated at the reactions of the MC and the frozen asgard women at how they react to this stupid situation. Is there any novel in which the MC completely ignores women and is not like "sorry I saw you naked I would give you gold viens if you just give my some service " Come on I mean he is strong enough to completely destroy the entire sect on his own and he acts like a coward just because they are pretty. I really want an MC who will not be such a skirt chaser. Plz can some one tell whether there is an MC with real dignity?
  • edited March 2016
    Aviuchiha said:
    Is there any novel without any romance or harem at all because I am getting seriously irritated at the reactions of the MC and the frozen asgard women at how they react to this stupid situation. Is there any novel in which the MC completely ignores women and is not like "sorry I saw you naked I would give you gold viens if you just give my some service " Come on I mean he is strong enough to completely destroy the entire sect on his own and he acts like a coward just because they are pretty. I really want an MC who will not be such a skirt chaser. Plz can some one tell whether there is an MC with real dignity?

Check out Child of Light!
  • Aviuchiha said:
    Is there any novel without any romance or harem at all because I am getting seriously irritated at the reactions of the MC and the frozen asgard women at how they react to this stupid situation. Is there any novel in which the MC completely ignores women and is not like "sorry I saw you naked I would give you gold viens if you just give my some service " Come on I mean he is strong enough to completely destroy the entire sect on his own and he acts like a coward just because they are pretty. I really want an MC who will not be such a skirt chaser. Plz can some one tell whether there is an MC with real dignity?
    Hmm, then why not try reading my novel here on the forums? ^.^
    If you'd like more chapters of ISSI or Tales send me a note on patreon!
  • Aviuchiha said:
    go read JP novel see if u dont want to bang your head and die because they have REAL DIGNITY
  • Aviuchiha said:
    I get how you feel. Yun Che, Nie Li, and Chu Feng are written like a teenager's wet dream and it quickly goes from being a stereotypical source of perverted comedy to just being kind of disgusting and just really trashy. Honestly, though I will admit my experience with Xianxia/Wuxia/LNs in general is limited, I have yet to read any that is legitimately well written romance and doesn't come off as this generic cheap teenage-dream stuff. On to recommendations:

True Martial World - Although it seems like there is romance in there, it is way better than how ATG is written. The MC, Yi Yun, is also far from being a skirt chaser like Yun Che. While he likes a girl, he isn't the super pervert like Yun Che, Nie Li, LLS MC, etc. He's not a caricature of manly desires like many of these MCs seem to be.

Ze Tian Ji - MC is not a skirt chaser and is more interesting than many of these generic MCs. He also is not a skirt chaser although there are women who seem to like him. He treats people with respect and isn't a roid rage idiot who kills at the slightest offense. Not really much romance from the MC in terms of him obsessing over a girl or something, not yet anyways. 

Perfect World - When I first tried to read it, I stopped after the first chapter. It didn't hook me. Later, when I was bored, I decided to give it another try and I'm glad that I did cause the story is pretty amusing. So far there really isn't any romance in it, not that I can see, and it's an entertaining story with a pretty powerful MC who isn't thirsty (horny) all of the time. My only qualm with it is that it kind of takes the "young genius" thing a bit too far. I mean, these guys are like babies, hahaha.

There are others out there but these three off the top of my head are solid stories that aren't really heavy or is completely non-existent in the MC skirt chasing.

• Draco said:
    Aviuchiha said:
    I get how you feel. Yun Che, Nie Li, and Chu Feng are written like a teenager's wet dream and it quickly goes from being a stereotypical source of perverted comedy to just being kind of disgusting and just really trashy. Honestly, though I will admit my experience with Xianxia/Wuxia/LNs in general is limited, I have yet to read any that is legitimately well written romance and doesn't come off as this generic cheap teenage-dream stuff. On to recommendations:

True Martial World - Although it seems like there is romance in there, it is way better than how ATG is written. The MC, Yi Yun, is also far from being a skirt chaser like Yun Che. While he likes a girl, he isn't the super pervert like Yun Che, Nie Li, LLS MC, etc. He's not a caricature of manly desires like many of these MCs seem to be.

Ze Tian Ji - MC is not a skirt chaser and is more interesting than many of these generic MCs. He also is not a skirt chaser although there are women who seem to like him. He treats people with respect and isn't a roid rage idiot who kills at the slightest offense. Not really much romance from the MC in terms of him obsessing over a girl or something, not yet anyways. 

Perfect World - When I first tried to read it, I stopped after the first chapter. It didn't hook me. Later, when I was bored, I decided to give it another try and I'm glad that I did cause the story is pretty amusing. So far there really isn't any romance in it, not that I can see, and it's an entertaining story with a pretty powerful MC who isn't thirsty (horny) all of the time. My only qualm with it is that it kind of takes the "young genius" thing a bit too far. I mean, these guys are like babies, hahaha.

There are others out there but these three off the top of my head are solid stories that aren't really heavy or is completely non-existent in the MC skirt chasing.

Nie Li really isnt that much of a skirt chaser. He is chasing after only one girl throughout the story and it's because he's actually in love with her. Chu Feng? Yeah he's a bit of a skirt chaser but its not without cause too, because he either owes each girl a lot of gratitude for what they have done or what he has done to them. Romance or "skirt chasing", as you call it, propels the plot and escalates conflicts with enemies/allies. Chu Feng wouldnt have half of his current powers/abilities/Items if he hadn't been "skirt chasing". Nie Li would probably have died early on in the story if he hadn't been on good terms with Ye Zi Yun and taken refuge in the lord's mansion he would have died at the hands of the Sacred Family. Yun Che? yeah he's a skirt chaser to an extent but they even said that the ladies of frozen asgard were the most beautiful ladies in the whole continent and its just him taking small advantages of the ladies, its not like he coerced them into a relationship with him or had sex with them . Also Yun Che has been like that since the start of the novel or maybe you forgot how he teased his little Aunt and took small advantages of his wife when they got married. I mean he literally groped his little aunt in the first few chapters. Plus all of the women he went after were all described as "top beauties" or whatever, whom have helped him in one way or another. 

One last thing "He treats people with respect and isn't a roid rage idiot who kills at the slightest offense." you only think this because you dont understand chinese/asian culture. In chinese culture face/reputation is REALLY important to a person/family. Offending someone means to challenge who they are and who/what they represent. That's why in a lot, if not all, of wanxia/wuxia light novels you'll see the MCs get into trouble or conflicts with big clans/families because they accidentally beat up some arrogant prick who doesn't know their own strength. 
  • Was not really aware in the latest chapter, 464, why ji qianrou helps yun che. Maybe I'm forgetting something but if someone could help me get this out thank in advanced.
  • Was not really aware in the latest chapter, 464, why ji qianrou helps yun che. Maybe I'm forgetting something but if someone could help me get this out thank in advanced.
    Yun che help him with curing some poison. It was in chapter 453.
  • Right i forgot. Thanks for reminding me.
  • edited May 2016
    Damned, we're trapped with NO WAY to get out. Quick, let's wear plot armor and see what happens.
  • beeb said:
    Damned, we're trapped with NO WAY to get out. Quick, let's wear plot armor and see what happens.

Not quite, ATG does not do plot armour as far as I remember.

Recall how Xia Yuanba escaped death using the artifact given to him by his master? Well, Yun Che also received one - however, it was not explained whether it could transport two people or if it would work within an enclosed space.

We also know that Yun Che's heaven defying profound skill of fire and water/ice combined can damage the floor of Frozen Cloud Asgard's special training chamber so there remains a possibility that he can break out of the fort.

And, I am pretty sure hints were dropped regarding the Dragon God's daughter so, if Yun Che does get trapped inside the Ark, then finding the heavenly sword may be the silver lining.

• What is the latest translated chapter? 
    "All things we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." -Edgar Allen Poe -
  • Dang it, ATG has been really boring to the extreme for the last 100+ chapters ~~
  • Really? i am founding the training arc really fun and interesting. There is a lot of character development. Besides the side story which is going on is good too which is fleshing out other characters and from raws the next arc is one of my fav one.
  • There are a lot of comments about the teaser of the latest chapter. Does someone have that? I missed it.