Against the Gods - Latest Chapter Discussions

Comments

• Just read it too. That Gong Yuxian. >.< How could she do that. Chu Yuechan was her first fairy... If it wasn't for the fact Xia Qingyue became a throne, things would have probably been different for Chu Yuechan. That old bitch Gong probably thinks she can replace fairies whenever she wants to.
  • I don't think Yun Che should be accountable for the rape as the 'rape' saved Little Fairy's cultivation and life. Though he did a bad thing he had the right thing in his mind, just like the Dragon God said "Your soul is full of evil and sins but clear as a crystal". As for the child matter, how would y'all fell when you learn that your loved one had a child while you were locked up or off the grid and their life maybe in danger? He followed his instincts in that matter. He's Venting his anger on the FCA, he did want the sect to help her for some time and then banish her when she would be safe and not in danger.
    The FCA aren't in the wrong either as they followed their rules and even allowed little fairy to live rathuthat kill her or force her to abort her child.
  • edited January 2016
    I think he did that so she don't self-blame on herself for betraying the sect. 
    “I’m well aware of the sect’s taboo that has been passed down for generations in your Frozen Cloud Asgard, and the way of thinking that’s deeply ingrained in your mind for tens of years; you’re basically unable to get past that barrier in your heart… Then, I will help you get past it. You did not make any mistakes, nor did you break any of your sect’s taboos, everything was because of me. If, after today, you’re willing to become a real woman, I will take responsibility for my entire life, and if you choose to leave, I will definitely not stop or pester you either. I don’t know which choice you will make, but there’s one thing I’m sure of, and it’s that you’re definitely unwilling to stay a cripple for your entire life.”
    anyway I could care less about such things which happened 100 of chapters ago. 

Was not expecting gong yuxian to hiding something like that after seeing her care about her so deeply in chapter 284 she even cried there.

• Yes Yun Che is a hypocrite. He kept trying to pester her, even after she told him she didn't want to bla bla. It is a very grey area the author made it so some people disagree some people like. blabla it means nothing, because end of the day chu yuechan still chose Yun Che.

I still agree yun che did a bad thing at the time, and however, it worked out cause she wants to be his girl.

Some of you are talking about why dragon and phoenix give yun che their bloods. Yun che is the problem solver before they all die, and they trusted that he would be the only one capable since they have been alive for so long in the soul form that he is just way to impressive. They actually do not consent his morality at all, some do but mainly as long as he stays by his words he will be their chosen.

see many people in atg universe, they still stand by their words and defining choice is by perspective. some psychopaths think they are god and their victims need them so that they can live or accomplish something in life. I am not saying yun che is a psychopath just merely stating that good and evil is perspective. If you do evil acts and still have a clear conscious to prove you otherwise, that means you believe in yourself and your ideals. this is basically what the gods saw in yun che.

thanks hohoho
  • In a world where might makes right , revenge killings are the norm and saving/giving face is a big deal , someone like Yun Che who doesnt kill needlessly even under provocation unless its based on pure hatred and its not pursued to exhaustion(like the Murong cousins for example of pursuing), i think our hero is quite on the side of the Good guys although tenuos but still on that side(previous life being a bit overboard).
    As for Chu Yuechan if she wasn't part of Asgard , we wouldn't be having this discussion at all, so i think its best to agree its a gray area at best.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• In a world where might makes right , revenge killings are the norm and saving/giving face is a big deal , someone like Yun Che who doesnt kill needlessly even under provocation unless its based on pure hatred and its not pursued to exhaustion(like the Murong cousins for example of pursuing), i think our hero is quite on the side of the Good guys although tenuos but still on that side(previous life being a bit overboard).

As for Chu Yuechan if she wasn't part of Asgard , we wouldn't be having this discussion at all, so i think its best to agree its a gray area at best.
    Let us not forget he said he poisoned cities as it was easier to kill his intended targets. I think it was along them lines, since he killed of cities of people because he believed he was doing the world a favor by clearing them out by their roots. This sort of thinking, is only justified by people who wish to believe it.

I am not saying Yun Che is evil, or good just merely he thinks he is right in his own actions, which makes him right because in this world strong makes the decisions. However, we as readers are able to take their perspective and apply it to our world and our knowledge and character. To me personally, what Yun Che does, or did do in the past I do not morally believe him to be good, he is interesting which makes this book interesting.

• edited January 2016
    I like his utilitarian actions. The methods do not matter, just the result
  • edited January 2016
    Yun Che - Gong Yuxian, 1:0

That bitch deserved it. She better change up some of FCA rules...
  • Yun Che - Gong Yuxian, 1:0

Yeah... That speech...

I honestly expected some stubborn bullshit but surprised at the actual result
  • edited January 2016
    And Yun Che even left, without killing or crippling anyone. He will surely rise in their eyes now and be more respected. Tbh I expected stubborn shit from Yun Che too LOL, but he just left like that... I thought he'd at least kill the mistress, kidnap a few fairies, maybe even destroy the FCA castle, etc.

Yun Che is truly a dragon among men. :D Humble in defeat, gracious in victory, haha.
  • However, the girls themselves choose this fate, so they really can't complain. It's like this: If you joined a sect where they had rare techniques and swore to never betray them and betrayed them, do you really think you deserve to be kept alive? It is totally Yun Che's fault that everything happened the way it did. He raped her, forcing her to leave the sect and cripple herself. Also, execution would have been the regular option, but they kept her alive. Does he really expect them to give a crystal so rare that it would cause wars between continents for a traitor that lived because of the love Gong Yuxian had. All the people who support Yun Che are totally biased because they don't see the whole picture. He really can't talk. Also, his own wife, Xia Qingyue, chose this path, but when she decided to love someone, it just shows how these so-called heroines are just people who can't even live with the beliefs that they swore to uphold.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • Chapter 322

How is Yun Che's attack after breaking out of the coffin considered a sneak attack?  It totally made no sense to me.

And where is Legal Wife?  Why didn't Yun Che even asked to see her for a bit before leaving?  So unfair. :P
  • edited January 2016
    @lilygel She didnt expect anybody to be able to break out, she dropped her guard relaxing her mind once she saw the coffin solidify!

But mere breaths later, the first crack followed by the exploding ice and an extremely fast yun che at attacking distance came flying at her!

The author showed her relaxing manner when she began speaking in her mind/talking out. Id have to check back to see exactly which one..
  • However, the girls themselves choose this fate, so they really can't complain. It's like this: If you joined a sect where they had rare techniques and swore to never betray them and betrayed them, do you really think you deserve to be kept alive?
    You recruit children at a young age of 10-11 years old or even younger. I say 11 years old because that's the age Xia Qingyue was recruited. Is it still right to say they chose this fate? If we use today regulation, I'd say no. However, in the past, at the age of 10 they were already consider adults, or barely. I say consider adults, not because of their maturity, but because of the age expectancy of that time periode. But if they were recruited younger I don't think they had the maturity to fully understand what they got themselves into. 
  • @lilygel She didnt expect anybody to be able to break out, she dropped her guard relaxing her mind once she saw the coffin solidify!

But mere breaths later, the first crack followed by the exploding ice and an extremely fast yun che at attacking distance came flying at her!

The author showed her relaxing manner when she began speaking in her mind/talking out. Id have to check back to see exactly which one..

I was also looking into those possibilities, but, seriously, would you consider it a sneak attack if it's you who actually let your guard down?  Or is it a culture/wuxia thing?
    They're both attacking out of anger.  It's not a polite match.  I don't see any reason why they should announce their attacks or wait for the other party to get ready to take on your attacks each time.

• edited January 2016

Does he really expect them to give a crystal so rare that it would cause wars between continents for a traitor that lived because of the love Gong Yuxian had. 

It is normal drop not that rare, He even got one a chapter ago from burning heaven elder.

About sneak attack maybe something like when he blasted coffin debris, dust spread area and he used that movement speed skill or normal high speed to attack her? dunno

just checked back it was something like this
    The Frozen Heaven Coffin immediately burst open into pieces with an exploding sound. Amidst the countless pieces of ice crystals that filled the whole sky, Yun Che’s silhouette moved with such intensity as if tearing open the space itself, and rushed over to Gong Yuxian with the demeanor of a ghost. Subsequently, the image of a blue wolf loftily emerged behind his back.
    So it was ice crystals, snow that covered the sky and he attacked her at that time with his highest speed while she was also shocked i guess.
  • edited January 2016
    lilygel said:

I was also looking into those possibilities, but, seriously, would you consider it a sneak attack if it's you who actually let your guard down?  Or is it a culture/wuxia thing?

They're both attacking out of anger.  It's not a polite match.  I don't see any reason why they should announce their attacks or wait for the other party to get ready to take on your attacks each time.

There was no complaint that it was unfair nor dishonest to take advantage of the off guard moment.   Simply that even though he did so, it was still shocking that he managed to deal damage.

The six fairies of the Frozen Cloud, who had turned pale with fright, quickly dashed over to Gong Yuxian, and stood before her in a guarding posture.   The ice spirits surrounding their bodies moved chaotically as coldness bore through their hearts.   However, what covered them even more was the extreme shock that didn’t show any signs of disappearing…   Although he used a sneak attack, the fact remained that Yun Che was able to injure Gong Yuxian!!
  • Honestly it shouldn't be called a sneak attack at that point since the element of surprise was long lost. It should be, at that point the mistresses fault!

New chapter was okay, just travelling time to go say little aunt again!
  • edited January 2016

However, the girls themselves choose this fate, so they really can't complain. It's like this: If you joined a sect where they had rare techniques and swore to never betray them and betrayed them, do you really think you deserve to be kept alive?

They also fooled those young girls by not telling full story, it also reduce their life expectancy by one third.
    From chapter 18 

The life expectancy of members of Frozen Cloud Asgard was shorter than other people’s by a large amount. This was the cruel truth. Even within Frozen Cloud Asgard, this was a secret that had always been suppressed by the Frozen Cloud Asgard’s leadership.
    The reason why Xia Qingyue knew about it was because her master had absentmindedly mentioned it to her after one of her breakthroughs. Furthermore, she told her that this was Frozen Cloud Asgard’s biggest flaw and strictly ordered her not to tell anyone, including her fellow disciples.
  • edited January 2016
    Cruz said:

However, the girls themselves choose this fate, so they really can't complain. It's like this: If you joined a sect where they had rare techniques and swore to never betray them and betrayed them, do you really think you deserve to be kept alive?

They also fooled those young girls by not telling full story, it also reduce their life expectancy by one third.
    From chapter 18 

The life expectancy of members of Frozen Cloud Asgard was shorter than other people’s by a large amount. This was the cruel truth. Even within Frozen Cloud Asgard, this was a secret that had always been suppressed by the Frozen Cloud Asgard’s leadership.
    The reason why Xia Qingyue knew about it was because her master had absentmindedly mentioned it to her after one of her breakthroughs. Furthermore, she told her that this was Frozen Cloud Asgard’s biggest flaw and strictly ordered her not to tell anyone.
    What you said is true that the girls are not told the truth but do you think that awesome profound arts have only pros and no cons? Dude we can see the pain Yun Che goes through to gain power, the god trials were really tough and painful but he did gain many fruits for his hard work, right? 
    as the saying goes "Nothing comes for free" the members from Frozen Cloud Asgard have powerful attacks so they will have a price to pay right? 
  • edited January 2016
    Tsuchi said:

Cruz said:

From chapter 18 

The reason why Xia Qingyue knew about it was because her master had absentmindedly mentioned it to her after one of her breakthroughs. Furthermore, she told her that this was Frozen Cloud Asgard’s biggest flaw and strictly ordered her not to tell anyone.including her fellow disciples.
    What you said is true that the girls are not told the truth but do you think that awesome profound arts have only pros and no cons? Dude we can see the pain Yun Che goes through to gain power, the god trials were really tough and painful but he did gain many fruits for his hard work, right? 
    as the saying goes "Nothing comes for free" the members from Frozen Cloud Asgard have powerful attacks so they will have a price to pay right? 
    yeah but as a sect they were suppose to show them correct way to reach that power not fool them into it while also taking their emotions. I doubt yun che care that much he only said all that for what they did to chu yuechan.

I went and checked back It only started all because that asgard head started talking about not owing yuechan anything or yun che would have not brought it up also would have been grateful to them if they had not kicked her out.
  • edited January 2016
    You forget that all those young girls were already very talented young girls. Like Yun Che said, any sects or clans would had wanted them. And the other sects and clans don't have to forsake their humanity or even have to forsake 1/3 of their life expectancy. 
  • edited January 2016
    Yun Che better go MGA mode on everyone in Floating Cloud City.

I want a massacre.
  • Yun Che better go MGA mode on everyone in Floating Cloud City.

I want a massacre.

i sincerely hope he does
  • It's like, gawd! For once I want the villains to have the ability to recognise the MC's strength...

Or I at least want to read something akin to Yue Yangs performance at the family tournament. Now that was hilarious
  • Since I started reading this novel, I was itching to see his return to Floating Cloud for revenge. It has finally happened :-)
  • RIP Xiao clan
  • I must say, ATG is the best Xianxia novel I've read. The only one that made me teary cause of feels. Others like MGA and PMG have linear plots that are already predictable.

Yun Che's revenge to the Xiao clan up next wahahahaha! I wonder what's their reaction when they see him super OP.
  • For me it was still a rape because she said no but anyhow it was a good choice to do that.

About Yun Che raging in FCA, I love that part, it show how Yun Che care about litte fairy
  • edited January 2016

I can't wait :(