Against the Gods - Latest Chapter Discussions

Comments

• Hello Ren thanks for the hard work on the translations and the site.

The new and improved Dragon Fault sounds awesome. Each swing is like getting hit by 2 elephants at the same time. Just getting trampled by one would give you a bad day.
  • I know right, I just feel he is jumping levels crazily haha. I hope it doesn't introduce a boring arc into the chapters.. I like the action and blood pumping!
  • I just hope he gets to emperor rank asap, it's annoying that he always has to meet someone stronger than him and run
  • ATG = gold.

Most recent chapter was another somewhat bland power up chapter but the ending put a sparkly bow on a pile of dung.

These chapters are necessary but I have to somewhat fight to stay interested.

Coming up, more gold.
  • leryin said:

I just hope he gets to emperor rank asap, it's annoying that he always has to meet someone stronger than him and run

At this point I'm pretty sure he can take on low level emperor level experts already. Or atleast won't get curb stomped by them. Should be useful when he heads to Asgard
  • I am new at waxiaworld of Translate, just a reader. But i am very very thankful to all of you.

• edited January 2016
    FSA deserves some asswhoppin alright. After what Yun Che did for Xia Qingyue, they shouldn't have treated his wifu in such a way.

I just hope he has enough strength to battle the head mistress and overpower everyone. Would be fun to see all of FSA's disciples' reaction when they realize they're incapable of stopping him lol. FSA soon to become Yun Che's private harem? :D all those innocent, powerless disciples

Who knows maybe he'll even open up that Dragon Realm thingy... After all, he'd be facing the mistress, who is a throne... and I assume Xin Qingyue won't give a shit about him either, that emotionless, faceless bitch. She'd probably take the mistress' side and go all "Sir Yun, leave now" lmao. I think it would probably be a 1vs8 fight, the mistress and the 7 fairies all against him.

• Xia Qingyue didn't come out when the six fairies did, so I'd say she's still in secluded training somewhere.
  • yeye she's secluded with the mistress, definitely.
  • yeye she's secluded with the mistress, definitely.

If ya know what I mean *wink wink nudge nudge*
  • This chapter has been a breath of fresh air in atg. He is always so level heqded and his fight vs the burning clan elders was boring. This however is amazing. I want to see him crush stuck up ppl with a rage!
  • edited January 2016
    Right now I really hate Yun Che. Two reasons.

1. Yun Che is a rapist.
    2. Yun Che is breaking and enter and assaulting Frozen Cloud Asgard.

1. This happened. We all read it. Yun Che raped Chu Yuechan. Was it justified? Rape is rape. If Chu Yuechan wanted to stay a cripple for the rest of her life, then that was her decision and hers alone. She clearly stated no. And the rapist Yun Che raped her anyhow.

2. Frozen Cloud Asgard has done nothing wrong. Yes, Yun Che disagrees with FCA's methods. Does that give him the right to destroy it? Does this mean that if Yun Che disagrees with any sects, clans, or families, then Yun Che has the right to destroy them? FCA's methods are brutal: lower life expectancy, pain, and celibacy. But so what? Those are all freedoms the members of FCA have voluntarily relinquished.

Why was Chu Yuechan exiled from FCA? Because Yun Che raped her. And now he's assaulting FCA to find his rape victim. There is zero reprieve for Yun Che.

FCA has done and is doing nothing wrong. Yun Che just doesn't like them and their methods and so he's assaulting them.

Yun Che has always had the moral high ground in battles. He takes grievances personally and destroys those who wrong him. FCA has NEVER wronged him. If anything, FCA has been magnanimous with him. FCA let Xia Qingyue marry him for face. FCA let Xia Qingyue stay with Yun Che for a month after their wedding for additional face. FCA protected his Little Aunt and grandfather when he could not. FCA instantly recognized Yun Che's contribution to Xia Qingyue after Xia Qingyue revealed what Yun Che had done. How has Yun Che repaid FCA? While Yun Che owed FCA multiple debts, he made a deal with Chu Yuechan instead of repaying the favor. Does saving his aunt and grandfather mean nothing to him? Yun Che raped Chu Yuechan. Does the word, "No" mean nothing to him? And now he's attacking FCA while insulting their clan leader and all of its members?

The way the author is handling the whole FCA arc is disgusting me. I honestly thought the entire FCA arc was going to be a delicate diplomatic affair. Walking on egg shells, one-on-one pointer sessions, wooing all the members of FCA with his overwhelming strength, charisma, and medical knowledge. That would have been an epic arc. Right now... he's an immature little brat throwing a temper tantrum. Just because he's mad doesn't mean he's in the right.
  • edited January 2016
    @ Leumash

Yun Che opened Xia Qingyue's 54 spirit holes or whatever they were called and even made her a throne later on; he saved Chu Yuechan's life more than once, despite her attitude towards him, and even made her a throne as well. I wouldn't call what happened between him and Chu Yuechan rape either. They spent half an year together, risking their lives for one another, taking care of each other, from the moment he saw her in that shop when he bought the blood crystal. Yeah I can't disagree with the fact that Chu Yuechan didn't say she wanted to have sex with him at first, but come on, even she, herself, deep inside, knew that she wouldn't want to stay a cripple forever. Plus, she really did have feelings for Yun Che, she just didn't show them, because of her sect's rules. She was just afraid of expressing her feelings. She did have feelings for him and wanted to do it, she was just afraid of showing it, because she knew the consequences; she knew that if her sect found out, she'd be regarded as a traitor.

FCA has been acting in a very stupid way, tbh. They should've crowned Yun Che, gave him treasures or whatever, he made so many contributions to their sect, yet they didn't repay him a single bit, and that emotionless bitch Xia Qingyue didn't even smile at him. If it wasn't for Yun Che, FCA would've stayed at 4-5th place in the tournament, and they'd have 2 less thrones. I was expecting FCA to make an exception for Yun Che's kid, yet they banished Chu Yuechan without even taking her side of the story into serious consideration. FCA deserves all of this, and even more. Yun Che, in my opinion, is doing the right thing by raiding FCA, and I hope he forcefully changes FCA's rules if/after he defeats everyone there.
  • Yun Che opened Xia Qingyue's 54 spirit holes or whatever they were called and even made her a throne later on
    Yun Che has repeatedly stated that he has been and is helping Xia Qingyue solely because she's his wife.

I wouldn't call what happened between him and Chu Yuechan rape either. They spent half an year together, risking their lives for one another, taking care of each other, from the moment he saw her in that shop when he bought the blood crystal. Yeah I can't disagree with the fact that Chu Yuechan didn't say she wanted to have sex with him at first, but come on, even she, herself, deep inside, knew that she wouldn't want to stay a cripple forever. Plus, she really did have feelings for Yun Che, she just didn't show them, because of her sect's rules. She was just afraid of expressing her feelings. She did have feelings for him and wanted to do it, she was just afraid of showing it, because she knew the consequences; she knew that if her sect found out, she'd be regarded as a traitor.
    It's rape by definition: "Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration perpetrated against a person without that person's consent." That is what happened. Chu Yuechan wanted it? She was afraid of expressing her feelings? Chu Yuechan knew what the consequences were and was willing to accept her crippled condition. It was and should have been, her decision to make, and hers alone. Yun Che disregarded her will and dignity and raped her. There's no middle ground. I remember when I originally read that chapter, I was disgusted then as well because I honestly don't like reading about rape, no matter how it's sugar coated.

If Yun Che were to have convinced Chu Yuechan to have sex, then it would have been consensual intercourse. But no, he didn't do that. He took the rape route.

FCA has been acting in a very stupid way, tbh. They should've crowned Yun Che, gave him treasures or whatever, he made so many contributions to their sect, yet they didn't repay him a single bit, and that emotionless bitch Xia Qingyue didn't even smile at him. If it wasn't for Yun Che, FCA would've stayed at 4-5th place in the tournament, and they'd have 2 less thrones.
    As I've stated, and Yun Che has stated, Yun Che has only helped Xia Qingyue solely because they are married. Yun Che had/has no intentions of helping FCA at all.

I was expecting FCA to make an exception for Yun Che's kid, yet they banished Chu Yuechan without even taking her side of the story into serious consideration.
    They did give an exception to Yun Che's child. Banishment and not execution. Not executing them both was the exception. Chu Yuechan's side of the story? The story where Yun Che rapes her? Yes, FCA should have listened to the rape story and aborted the child. Or, as Chu Yuechan was adamant of keeping the child, banished them both. Which is what happened.

FCA deserves all of this, and even more. Yun Che, in my opinion, is doing the right thing by raiding FCA, and I hope he forcefully changes FCA's rules if/after he defeats everyone there.
    The rules of FCA are crystal clear. Chu Yuechan chose to live by those rules as did Xia Qingyue. Yun Che doesn't like them? So what? What right does Yun Che have to demand that FCA change their rules? He doesn't like the rules? How childish. Both Chu Yuechan and Xia Qingyue weren't coerced into FCA. They were given a choice to join or not to join.

Are you now advocating that Yun Che now have the ability to walk into any organization in which he doesn't like the rules, defeat and kill anyone who resists him, and then change their rules to his liking? Or is this list exclusive to organizations who's women he's raped?

I have no problems with dismantling an organization which coerces members to commit inhumane acts. But FCA is not Auschwitz, it's a cult. And every member of the FCA cult is there of their own free will.
  • It was rape, let's not deny the truth. The moment a woman says no and the partner force himself into her, that's raped. On the other hand, he did it to save her life. If someone wants to die, should you let them? This is a grey area. It doesn't justify, but either way, they have to live with their decision.
  • Yun Che went there to see his child and the mother of his child. In his own way (and probably the only possible way) he got in. But what happened afterwards? Chu Yueli attacked and tried to kill him without asking questions. It was alright, it was for breaking the formation. But when he called out for the Sect leader to talk the rest of the sect member also attacked and tried to kill him! It's not that Yun Che wanted to fight and assault everyone there... It's the other way around. I don't say FCA is wrong for attacking someone for breaking in, but Yun Che's actions are somewhat justified as well. This show Yun Che has human feelings. If your loved one would get hurt and be banished for carrying your child wouldn't you feel mad and try to argue with the one who did that? I sure would feel the rage even though I know I might be wrong.

I agree that every contribution Yun Che did was for the sake of his wife and not for the sake of the sect. For the sake of his wife he would even change/destroy her sect. Righteous? Not really but this also shows the he would do anything for the sake of his loved ones. It's just conflict of interests. It happens sometimes.
  • It was rape, let's not deny the truth. The moment a woman says no and the partner force himself into her, that's raped. On the other hand, he did it to save her life. If someone wants to die, should you let them? This is a grey area. It doesn't justify, but either way, they have to live with their decision.

It is a fairly gray area. However, Necessity requires imminent danger of death. Chu Yueli was not in imminent danger of death. Yun Che could very easily have talked with Chu Yuechan about the issue. He did not even attempt to discuss the issue. He just quickly raped her. Wait, no, quickly is the wrong word. The rape went on for hours on end right?

Raiki said:

Yun Che went there to see his child and the mother of his child. In his own way (and probably the only possible way) he got in. But what happened afterwards? Chu Yueli attacked and tried to kill him without asking questions. It was alright, it was for breaking the formation. But when he called out for the Sect leader to talk the rest of the sect member also attacked and tried to kill him! It's not that Yun Che wanted to fight and assault everyone there... It's the other way around. I don't say FCA is wrong for attacking someone for breaking in, but Yun Che's actions are somewhat justified as well. This show Yun Che has human feelings. If your loved one would get hurt and be banished for carrying your child wouldn't you feel mad and try to argue with the one who did that? I sure would feel the rage even though I know I might be wrong.

Chu Yueli attacked and tried to kill him, but failed. Should the attack have ended here? No, they should have very much have attacked in further force. Just because your enemy doesn't die in a single hit doesn't mean you try to start talking with him. Yun Che didn't change his course of action or try to retreat or even just stand there. He kept advancing. You don't try to converse with an advancing enemy.

Yun Che was enraged? He was not enraged before he broke into FCA. And once he broke in, honestly, FCA has every right to kill him right there. Yun Che did not know that Chu Yuechan was banished before he broke into FCA. He just broke in there regardless because privacy and rules don't matter to him.

Raiki said:

I agree that every contribution Yun Che did was for the sake of his wife and not for the sake of the sect. For the sake of his wife he would even change/destroy her sect. Righteous? Not really but this also shows the he would do anything for the sake of his loved ones. It's just conflict of interests. It happens sometimes.

Yun Che is changing/destroying her sect because he doesn't like it. It's not for her. Was Xia Qingyue kidnapped by FCA? Was Xia Qingyue coerced by FCA? Is FCA holding a gun to Xia Qingyue's head? No. Xia Qingyue is a voluntary member of FCA. Yun Che doesn't like the FCA's rules, so he's going to bring it down. That is one controlling husband.

The only conflict is that Yun Che doesn't get to have sex with his wife. Which is unacceptable to him. Xia Qingyue is fine with it. She never even wanted to have sex with him. But no, Yun Che must fulfill his duty as a husband and Xia Qingyue must fulfill her duty as a wife. The FCA is getting between them. So Yun Che has a problem with the FCA. And unless I'm reading something wrong, this is the main issue Yun Che has with FCA right? He's seriously just a horndog.
  • Leumash said:

It is a fairly gray area. However, Necessity requires imminent danger of death. Chu Yueli was not in imminent danger of death. 

I believe she was dying. The only reason she could survive this long was because Yun Che was sending her his profound energy to keep her alive. 
  • why does yun che only give jasmine his blood when shes about to die? its like a doctor with holding the cure..........
  • Chu Yueli attacked and tried to kill him, but failed. Should the attack
    have ended here? No, they should have very much have attacked in further
    force. Just because your enemy doesn't die in a single hit doesn't mean
    you try to start talking with him. Yun Che didn't change his course of
    action or try to retreat or even just stand there. He kept advancing.
    You don't try to converse with an advancing enemy.
    Well, the attack DID end there. They started a conversation, Chu Yueli told Yun Che about the matter of Chu Yuechan. The rest came afterwards and they did not know/see what happened before. They were just enraged that Yun Che wanted to meet with their leader (in a rather rude way). Well I don't actually understand under these circumstances why the sect leader kept hiding and let the sect members try to dispose of Yun Che. Maybe she should be less arrogant and more sympathetic. She knew why Yun Che came here yet she refused to meet him. She can only blame herself for that..
    Yun Che was enraged? He was not enraged before he broke into FCA. And
    once he broke in, honestly, FCA has every right to kill him right there.
    Yun Che did not know that Chu Yuechan was banished before he broke into
    FCA. He just broke in there regardless because privacy and rules don't
    matter to him.
    Honestly, I don't really get what you are talking here.. Yes I said "in his own way (and probably the only possible way) he got in" and I did not blame Chu Yueli attacking him for that. And yes, he got enraged after Che Yueli told him the matters about Chu Yuechan, that's the exact reason he tried to meet the Asgard Mistress.
    Yun Che is changing/destroying her sect because he doesn't like it. It's not for her. Was
    Xia Qingyue kidnapped by FCA? Was Xia Qingyue coerced by FCA? Is FCA
    holding a gun to Xia Qingyue's head? No. Xia Qingyue is a voluntary
    member of FCA. Yun Che doesn't like the FCA's rules, so he's going to
    bring it down. That is one controlling husband. The only conflict is that Yun Che doesn't get to have sex with his wife. [...]
    The exact reason he is trying to change the sect because Xia Qingyue has feelings for him yet she has to suppress it. Those girls don't have ounce of human emotions. Even Chu Yuechan realized how stupid she was for freezing her heart all this time and kept cultivating. You can say it's for selfish reasons like he wants to have sex but that's just stupid. It's definitely not because Yun Che wants to have sex lol.. And I don't think Yun Che will destroy the sect using force but making the girls realize the same thing Chu Yuechan realized and giving them the option to change. What they will choose will be up to them. (At least that's what I hope for. If Yun Che will really try to force a change on them then I'll will agree with you on this, that's immoral)
  • Raiki said:

And I don't think Yun Che will destroy the sect using force but making the girls realize the same thing Chu Yuechan realized and giving them the option to change. What they will choose will be up to them. (At least that's what I hope for. If Yun Che will really try to force a change on them then I'll will agree with you on this, that's immoral)

Frozen Cloud Asgard have been trained to become emotionless ice princesses regarding affection for men with utter disdain, because otherwise they would have to ultimately choose between their hard earned cultivation and the life of any child they might conceive. That and how their virgin blood endows their first lover with their arts. They don't want to wind up used as mere power-up batteries to any man who can thaw their hearts.

To change the sect's rules would require changing the cultivation method. If only there was a genius doctor that had somehow acquired comprehension of their arts. If only there were those among them inclined to let him try.

• If only there were those among them inclined to let him try.
    [Yun Che in Ryo Saeba mode]: - Let me do you, I already have your Profound Art so it's fine *wink wink*.

Haha, couldn't resist :þ
  • edited January 2016
    @ Greyman

There is a way to overcome the whole "their virgin blood endows their first lover with their Frozen Cloud Arts" nonsense... Before they get admitted into FCA and start learning Frozen Cloud Arts, they just have to, well, lose their virginity lmao — that way they won't have to worry about future sex. Problem solved easily and no genius doctors would be needed LOL. Oh btw, I have a question, shouldn't Chu Yuechan have Yun Che's fire arts now, and whatever else he learned?
  • @ Greyman

There is a way to overcome the whole "their virgin blood endows their first lover with their Frozen Cloud Arts" nonsense... Before they get admitted into FCA and start learning Frozen Cloud Arts, they just have to lose their virginity. That way they won't have to worry about sex in the future.

Problem solved easily and no genius doctors would be needed LOL.
    Hum, losing their virginity at 10 years old, that's a little bit precocious o_0
  • edited January 2016
    idk at what age they start learning frozen cloud arts, it was merely a funny suggestion ;d

anyway, if some1 could answer pls: shouldn't Chu Yuechan have Yun Che's fire arts now, and whatever else he learned?
  • Hey hey, I'm not judging lol
  • @ Greyman

There is a way to overcome the whole "their virgin blood endows their first lover with their Frozen Cloud Arts" nonsense... Before they get admitted into FCA and start learning Frozen Cloud Arts, they just have to, well, lose their virginity lmao — that way they won't have to worry about future sex. Problem solved easily and no genius doctors would be needed LOL. Oh btw, I have a question, shouldn't Chu Yuechan have Yun Che's fire arts now, and whatever else he learned?

Only certain arts and bloodline attributes are bestowable in that manner; not every thing.   Chu Yuechan has acquired a certain degree of the Dragon God's bloodline from Yun Che's virgin dragon seed.   There was no mention of him bestowing virgin phoenix seed at the same time, and the Ebil God's fire seed was a different kind of seed entirely.   (Er, presumably.)

However, their child will likely inherit both pheonix and dragon bloodlines, as well as the demonic bloodline, but I'm not sure if the Ebil God's Veins can be inherited.   However, that is possible.

• Have you people who support Yun Che forgotten that the girls CHOOSE to do this? It's not like FCA kidnaps them. They wish to do this, so it's not Asgard's fault when they restrict them from doing this. Haven't you heard that "Power comes at a price"? They swore that they would not, so actually, Chu Yuechan's totally in the wrong because she chose to keep the baby. She swore that she wouldn't, so even when FCA gave her a chance, she disregarded it. Also, Yun Che's a damn idiot when he clearly played with Chu Yuechan for 2 hours? If anyone fucking says Yun Che is innocent, they are a dumbass. No matter how much the author toned down the sex, from the description, you can imagine what happened. So if he tries to complain against FCA, he has to know two things:

1: It's his fault that Chu Yuechan's in trouble(Conned her, raped her, made her lose her life's work)

2: He can't blame Asgard for not producing "true women" when they chose this path for themselves. Also, Yun Che's thoughts clearly show gender superiority when he thinks that "true women" are those who have had sex because he is basically saying that "You are a women if you have my child", which really makes you wonder if he loves her.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • edited January 2016
    Yun Che is not a bad guy in ATG-universe terms though... He earned the trust of both the Phoenix and the Azure Dragon after all, which I believe were both True Gods, correct me if I'm wrong. He passed both of their moral challenges and inherited their bloodlines too, so no matter what we say here, at the end of the day, if a supreme being like, let's say the Azure God, thinks Yun Che is worthy of his blood, soul, marrow and treasures, then maybe he isn't that bad after all, and that he's capable of taking the right decisions. The Azure Dragon for example would have never given all those powers to Yun Che if he thought he was an evil man capable of something as immoral as rape. So, maybe, the act was consensual? Maybe deep inside, all 3 of them knew, Yun Che, Chu Yuechan and the Azure Dragon? I'm not trying to defend anyone or anything, but if it was truly rape, then the Azure Dragon would have never treated Yun Che so well on his second visit. imho Yun Che isnt that bad of a guy

On another note...

It's nice to see Yun Che showing emotions again. To me it was kind of weird to see him calm for so long, after the abyss and all those fights near the Imperial capital. He was as calm as FCA's fairies for the past few chapters lol, always acting indifferent and whatnot. He killed 200+ people in front of the whole palace's residents for example yet stayed calm af, it was like wtf. It's refreshing to see him have human emotions again, like anger, him being worried, etc.
  • Well Chapter 321 is out, and Gong Yuxian tells her side of the story.

Chu Yuechan could have been assisted, she and the baby both, but Gong Yuxian chose the sect rules and reputation over doing so.