IS THIS A HAREM???

well as the title suggests i want to know if this series is a harem i appreciate anyone who has read the raws to tell me about this. i don't like harem genre so i don't want to spend time on a novel that turns out to be one.

thanks in advance :))

Comments

• I am Chinese
    Maybe I can help you
  • hi ok so if you have read the raws can you please tell me if this is harem or not? thanks
  • wait a moment  I search for it in Chinese web
  • edited January 2016
    So far  many readers are talking about how many wives will the MC have in chinese forums
    Some of them guess two( jiu you and lo li)
    but the author didn't give the anwser

this book has 1121 chapters so far
  • oh well that concludes that thank you for the search
  • well from the translated chapters so far...
    there is a good chance it is a harem. 
    there are already 2 girls that have feelings for him although one of them went to a different school :/.

• ok this is confusing me a lot. and i mean A LOT because people don't agree on this point. i mean how hard can it be to know if a book is harem or not? either the mc has more then 1 lover which in my book is harem(sorry old fashioned) or he has 1 lover which is cool with me but in some sites it is listed on harem on other there is no such tag i am confused as f**k
  • balinor said:

ok this is confusing me a lot. and i mean A LOT because people don't agree on this point. i mean how hard can it be to know if a book is harem or not? either the mc has more then 1 lover which in my book is harem(sorry old fashioned) or he has 1 lover which is cool with me but in some sites it is listed on harem on other there is no such tag i am confused as f**k

My understanding is that it is not a harem and that even though many girls have feelings for the MC he is dedicated/focused on Luo Li only. I think the confusion comes from the fact that the Nine Nether Bird is female and eventually gains the ability to transform into a humanoid. I have not read anywhere that he actually has romantic feelings for the bird (but I speculate that this is the source of the "harem"). 

• author has kept both options open and we won't know which he'll choose til he actually chooses sometime in the future
  • edited January 2016
    It is not a Harem. Though MC travels with and knows many girls, there is only one girl in his mind. Also most of the girls he travels with do not have any feelings for him unlike BTTH. So there is no chance this novel becomes a harem in the future.Sometimes few unrelavent side characters do have feelings for him-- but that does not make the story a Harem.Also according to my understanding of the raws Jin You and MC do not have a romantic relationship.
  • edited January 2016

It is not a Harem. Though MC travels with and knows many girls, there is only one girl in his mind. Also most of the girls he travels with do not have any feelings for him unlike BTTH. So there is no chance this novel becomes a harem in the future.Sometimes few unrelavent side characters do have feelings for him-- but that does not make the story a Harem.Also according to my understanding of the raws Jin You and MC do not have a romantic relationship.

ah yea.
    it doesnt matter how many girls he has on his mind though it depends whether how many girls fall for him and have some roles in the story and not just bystanders to determine whether it is a harem or not. 
    it is a bit unfortunate this doesnt become a harem though i like harem comedy xD.
    and i had a feeling it wouldnt be like the 2 girls he meets as of the current translated chapters, although they are close to him they dont have feelings for him.
    as of the translated chapters so far i only see the first girl who was often with him before he left for the 5 academies had feelings for him but they ended up going to different academies anyway.
    feels like its trying to become a harem but the author is forcing it not to be xD
  • It is not a Harem. Though MC travels with and knows many girls, there is only one girl in his mind. Also most of the girls he travels with do not have any feelings for him unlike BTTH. So there is no chance this novel becomes a harem in the future.Sometimes few unrelavent side characters do have feelings for him-- but that does not make the story a Harem.Also according to my understanding of the raws Jin You and MC do not have a romantic relationship.

ah yea.
    it doesnt matter how many girls he has on his mind though it depends whether how many girls fall for him and have some roles in the story and not just bystanders to determine whether it is a harem or not. 
    it is a bit unfortunate this doesnt become a harem though i like harem comedy xD.
    and i had a feeling it wouldnt be like the 2 girls he meets as of the current translated chapters, although they are close to him they dont have feelings for him.
    as of the translated chapters so far i only see the first girl who was often with him before he left for the 5 academies had feelings for him but they ended up going to different academies anyway.
    feels like its trying to become a harem but the author is forcing it not to be xD
    This is the first time i have ever read a comment where a xanxia reader likens the novel to a harem comedy??? Since the author is writing this novel I find it somewhat inappropriate to say "feels like its trying to become a harem but the author is forcing it not to be" as this would imply the author had little control over introducing the female characters so had to make sure MC would not develop feeling for them.

I think I would more likely say the author is trying to show how loyal or maybe even how desirable the MC is by introducing other girls that are interested thus making his focus on Luo Li seem more special.
  • It is not a Harem. Though MC travels with and knows many girls, there is only one girl in his mind. Also most of the girls he travels with do not have any feelings for him unlike BTTH. So there is no chance this novel becomes a harem in the future.Sometimes few unrelavent side characters do have feelings for him-- but that does not make the story a Harem.Also according to my understanding of the raws Jin You and MC do not have a romantic relationship.

ah yea.
    This is the first time i have ever read a comment where a xanxia reader likens the novel to a harem comedy??? Since the author is writing this novel I find it somewhat inappropriate to say "feels like its trying to become a harem but the author is forcing it not to be" as this would imply the author had little control over introducing the female characters so had to make sure MC would not develop feeling for them.

I think I would more likely say the author is trying to show how loyal or maybe even how desirable the MC is by introducing other girls that are interested thus making his focus on Luo Li seem more special.
    well although i say harem comedy i mean that the comedy between the MC and the girls are funny like the teasing and shamelessness and stuff i find that enjjoyable to read and laugh sometimes so i consider it harem comedy.
    as for the line you pointed out it does have a weird meaning if you take it literaly it would mean the novel itself has a will/mind of its own so not that lol.
    by that line i mean that he meets many girls and he gets their interest in him like there is one girl that seemed to have feelings for him but in the end they went to different schools and wont meet for a long time, the 2 sisters he meets he gets their interest, helps them a lot and he is much stronger than them yet they just hold feelings of admiration or respect. only luo li and the MC  have mutual feelings for each other and the author seems to want to focus on that romance only
  • Is the raw complete?if not how far is he at thee last spoiler i remember was him looking for the black paper
  • No the story is not complete. It is ongoing at 1125 chapters. He has not still found the 2nd piece of black paper. It is strongly hinted he will get the 2nd piece of black paper  in the present arc and also advance to Earth Sovereign level in power.The one thing i have about TGR is that author updates 1 chapter in every 2 days. He 4 times slowed than Er gen, Chen Dong and TJSS who release at least 2 chapters a day. That's why the story has not progress much in last 2-3 months and present arc which started around 3 months back is not even halfway complete.
  • libon23 said:
    No the story is not complete. It is ongoing at 1125 chapters. He has not still found the 2nd piece of black paper. It is strongly hinted he will get the 2nd piece of black paper  in the present arc and also advance to Earth Sovereign level in power.The one thing i have about TGR is that author updates 1 chapter in every 2 days. He 4 times slowed than Er gen, Chen Dong and TJSS who release at least 2 chapters a day. That's why the story has not progress much in last 2-3 months and present arc which started around 3 months back is not even halfway complete.
    It seems like the author and the translator is the same theyre both slow in releasing chapters ..
    Usually a chapter a day 
    "All things we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." -Edgar Allen Poe -