Ling qingzhu

Comments

• edited January 2016

in WDQK people after a certain lvl can reincarnate then regain their memories after some time so it was implied she was alive and later offhandedly confirmed in TGR

So they didn't really confirm it in WDQK? Was Lin Dong even sad? And how many chapters are there?

2. Ofc he was sad. He spent the end of the novel looking for her soul shards to resurrect her

That's a very sad ending. Like the thread starter, my motivation to read WDQK plummeted. That's why I hate reading spoilers. Oh well
    If it is any consolation... In TGR the "next" story in the trilogy it is confirmed she is resurrected and with LD. I can only conclude that maybe the author felt that "karma" had to somehow balance. Since LD has such great mental ability and the stone talisman lets him be OP in techniques, leveling and etc then he must suffer in personal relationships as a balance or something...

Even so, to have the MC love die is just weird to say the least. That never happens elsewhere, least I haven't read any yet but not like I finished a lot of xianxias so who knows. What happen to the invincible plot armor of the MC. This MC must have weak armor to be affected by karma.
    The MC has the plot armor not his wives.  How many girls are there in his harem again?

Like CD, WDQK has a dissapointing ending, ISSTH as well.

Technically, anybody can have plot armor, it's just that the MC is the one that's the most noticeable. Either that or the MC plot armor is usually so all powerful that it affects anyone relevant to the mc or the plot in general. The love interest are almost always included. Ever wonder why they always seem to stay virgins or why they don't have anything terrible happen to them. Anything that can be considered bad is usually there to develop the character or to advance the plot like the MC comes in at the last second to save the day and protect her modesty or something like that. Outside of that, they are protected alright, I would call it plot armor. It makes no sense to just kill her off in the end and leave it at that. Not relevant to the story to just leave her dead and it is bad shit to the MC. Where was the plot armor to stop this.

According to the spoilers I've read, he ends with 2 girls but don't quote me on this as I did not read the raws for confirmation. And It counts but I personally would not count this novel as a harem. Even if you add his ice sister which some say is in love with him but they don't advance, it still is only 3 which is too small to be a harem really.

CD had a bad ending but at least it ended with a happier one, almighty MC and all his family brought together at long last.
    Well for me, the MC is the only one who has a plot armor specially in Xianxia novels since in the end, he/she is the only one assured safe. In ISSTH,
    people who are close to meng hao also died like chu yuyan. I don't know if she became alive again
    that's why I've said the ending sucks "for me" even though it stil hasn't ended. After all,
    I hate deaths

WDQK is a harem since the definition of harem according to google is this:

"a single
    average male character is surrounded by three or more attractive
    females, most of whom are romantically interested in the main character "

Then according to that definition, every novel is a harem. There is plenty of attractive females in like every novel. And there is some amongst them who is in love with the MC. I only count a novel as harem if he has at least 3 girls that he is actually in love with, not just the girl is in love with the MC, cause then the likes of CD would be a harem too.

And if the novel hasn't ended, don't mislead people to be thinking that cause I was wondering why I haven't heard anyone else say it's over. Just cause they die now, doesn't mean they dead forever. Linley brought back his family and friends in CD and I heard even Chu Feng from MGA brought his dead family back to life. don't just assume they gone for good. Chances are they have their own plot armor that protects them and then get revived somehow. Others too are often times assured safe and with a happy ending. This is definitely their own plot armor or they were encompassed inside the MC's but either way they got protection too.

its not a harem if its just the MC falling for multiple girls its the amount of girls faling for the MC because if thats so then those mangas with an ultra perverted mc skirt chasing every single girl in sight would be considered a harem.
    for cd one girl liked him they got together and broke up
    another girl liked him and her love wasnt returned
    another girl liked him both fell in love and got married.
    so how does that make it a harem? would that mean the more exgirlfriends you have the bigger your harem?  why would you even mention cd its nowhere close to a harem whether the mc interest in  a lot of girls or a lot of girls are interested in him.

• hey guys please dont quote the long posts like above... quote a part of it
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes

• WDQK is a harem since the definition of harem according to google is this:

"a single
    average male character is surrounded by three or more attractive
    females, most of whom are romantically interested in the main character "

At no point in this story is Lin Dong ever surrounded by 3 or more girls.
  • Awesomeness

Maybe I wasn't clear on my point. I meant that the girls were in love with the MC as well. Basically, in my book, a true harem is one where there are multiple girls around the MC and they all love each other. But the definition that was given seemed too vague to me.
    "A single male is surrounded by 3 or more attractive girls, most of whom are romantically interested in him."

By that definition, then even CD is a harem. He had 3 potential love interests with 2 having genuine feelings for him. That fits the definition. Don't matter about what Linley thought, don't matter if they aren't given a lot of screen time. All that matters is that there were girls around him who wanted him. My point is that it is absurd. The definition is too lenient, too vague, needs to be more specific. CD ain't a harem, not what I would call one, but that definition describes it rather well.
  • edited January 2016

She's from one of the sects that control the entire continent.

This is inaccurate. She is from one of the major sects in Lin Dong's part of the world. In Lin Dong's part of the world there are 8 major sects, and there is no power that controls the whole region or continent.

The known regions of the world that are given in the story are (these are MTL names):

The Mysterious Eastern Domain - this is where Lin Dong grows up.
    The Mysterious Northern Domain
    The Mysterious Western Domain
    The Mysterious Southern Domain
    The Chaos Magic Sea
    The Demon Domain

• To all those wondering when he meets Ling qingzhu again

ch 756
  • eveneel2 said:

To all those wondering when he meets Ling qingzhu again

ch 756
    Thanks
  • However, it could be the sign of a harem. If anyone has read DD 2, then you must know want the MC of DD, Tang San does to the MC of DD 2 when he wants to marry Tang San's daughter. I predict something along those lines will happen and he will have two monstrous father-in-laws.

Whom did Tang San and Yuhao ended up with? Who is Tang San's daughter???
    Kindly answer me please... I badly need your answer.... and Thanks in advance!
  • RaiShun said:

However, it could be the sign of a harem. If anyone has read DD 2, then you must know want the MC of DD, Tang San does to the MC of DD 2 when he wants to marry Tang San's daughter. I predict something along those lines will happen and he will have two monstrous father-in-laws.

Tang San ends up with Xiao Wu.
    Huo Yuhao ends up with Tang San's daughter, who pretends to be a guy.
    Wang Dong; She goes to human world for fun because her parents talk about it. She just pretends to be a guy. Also, if you know who Wang Dong is, her butterfly spirit is inherited from Tang San.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • What chapter does that ice girl of his pop up?

Somewhere in the 400s, I believe.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • RaiShun said:

However, it could be the sign of a harem. If anyone has read DD 2, then you must know want the MC of DD, Tang San does to the MC of DD 2 when he wants to marry Tang San's daughter. I predict something along those lines will happen and he will have two monstrous father-in-laws.

Tang San ends up with Xiao Wu.
    Huo Yuhao ends up with Tang San's daughter, who pretends to be a guy.
    Wang Dong; She goes to human world for fun because her parents talk about it. She just pretends to be a guy. Also, if you know who Wang Dong is, her butterfly spirit is inherited from Tang San.
    WOAH! Nice! and I didn't expect that! Thank you very much Lord Fifth!!! thanks for replying =)
  • edited January 2016

What chapter does that ice girl of his pop up?

Around Chapter 630, shortly after he joins her sect.
  • when the next Lin Dong meet Ling Qingzhu after they meet for the second time at chapter 756? and what chapter?
  • Did ling qingzhu and lin dong marry in the story or is it on the TGR?
  • edited April 2016
    Not in WDQK. Then it is in TGR they already got a daughter before lin dong rescue ying huan huan.
  • LingTian2 said:
    Not in WDQK. Then it is in TGR they already got a daughter before lin dong rescue ying huan huan.
    Who is the they that u r talking bout?
  • Guys, ling qing zhi is which superior sect disciple? Does ling don join her sect?
  • solgera said:
    Guys, ling qing zhi is which superior sect disciple? Does ling don join her sect?
    No.
  • kadkad
    edited May 2016
    seriously!! yo people even though lin dong was angry and sad that he couldn't find where huanhuan was later he comes to know that when a person dies and need to ressurect(i mean upon natural death in battle)they  are born in the plane where they belong too. she came from the great thousand world (which is the platform of tgr) and some how comes to the lower plane, lin dong moves out with his other wife to search in the way of crossing the plane he finds xiao yan and his wifes were going to the same plane realises how strong each other were and goes into it were xiao yan follows him too .so it was told that she was alive some where in that plane this happens in last chapter of wdqk.
  • she was already saved, she was the lover in the Ice Spirit Clan
  • There's 3  chapters that start  given us the flashback of how he saved her,but it yet to be continued.(in the great ruler)
  • A liitle bit of OOT I read a bit in the mtl, i think xiao yan and lindong havent met with each other but they have ties with Luoli grandfather (correct me if im wrong... Its mtl LOL)
  • They have met eachother, and are on pretty good terms, at least from the conversations they've had in the story so far.
  • I'm reading BTTH, WDQK, and TGR and I wouldn't have noticed the connection till much later so thanks
  • Brega said:

WDQK is a harem since the definition of harem according to google is this:
    "a single average male character is surrounded by three or more attractive females, most of whom are romantically interested in the main character "

At no point in this story is Lin Dong ever surrounded by 3 or more girls.
    Mu qian qian
    jiang xue
    su rou
    qing tan
    gu ya
    gu yan
    gu mengqi
    tang xinlian
    ying huan huan
    ling qing zhu
    xin qinh

i think more than 3.. 
  • When does he fivure out he loves the other person more than li qing zhu and vice versa, when does li qing zhu finds out she loves lin dong.( If its ever elaborated and what chaps?)
  • When does he fivure out he loves the other person more than li qing zhu and vice versa, when does li qing zhu finds out she loves lin dong.( If its ever elaborated and what chaps?)
    LD starts to love YHH when YHH protects him from 3 big grandmaster of yuan sect I think, and YHH fell to LD because in some 1 year event in Dao Sect, LD always help her and impress her..
    LQZ actually not in love, I think more impressed feeling and owe to LD. but finally I think she's in love
  • I'm confused. What is TGR about and how many other novels/works does it have in it? If someone can answer this for me it would be much appreciated.
  • edited June 2017
    I'm confused. What is TGR about and how many other novels/works does it have in it? If someone can answer this for me it would be much appreciated.
    tTGR is a xianxia novel too. lmao. However TGR is more focus on Ten Thousand Clan something. BTTH and WDQK is connected to TGR. so after xiao yan of BTTH and Lin Dong of WDQK became the strongest cultivator on their world they go to Ten Thousand Clan something and there they learned their cultivation is just like other cultivators.

PS: Lin Dong and Xiao Yan ofc will meet mc too with their daughters ;) and i'm hoping for Harem Route.
  • So wait, should I stop reading wdqk and wait for btth to finish, or it doesn't matter? Also, does it say whether or not they all started from earth, or just xy?