Can someone give me a brief summary

I would to know what this is about if any one could hep please?

Comments

• edited August 2015
    The story is about a legendary, righteous mercenary that retired after his wife died. He owns a jewelry store and is an aristocrat that has, let's say, a peculiar taste.
    He later finds a girl that looks exactly like his late wife and sets out to correct his mistakes.

It's currently one of my favorite novels. I strongly recommend it (it's by the same author of Duoluo Dalu, btw).
  • I am having a hard time getting into this, the story seems fixated on luxury goods, ie wine, food, coffee, cigars, liquor, and gems. does this story go anywhere? I had really high hopes because Douluo Dalu is hands down my favorate.
  • I do believe that there is much more to the story as even the luxury goods masters are incomparable talents, but maybe the story and the RAWs are at the same point or nobody is reading ahead. I have also asked for some spoilerish information but nobody can or is willing to provide it.
  • I can't get into this story.. I tried. I did!
  • it has a slow start for sure, and at times concentrates a lot on the luxury goods scene (which may or may not suit your tastes), but overall i think TJSS has once again done an amazing job at world building and character building. Imo, it's a book that u need to binge read (and maybe speed read some of the more boring chapters)

I've read to about 400+ now, currently biding my time while reading translations til he releases more ;)
  • I had no hopes for this but what do you know it is good. Some one please spoil us.
  • edited October 2015
    I have read until the end of the current chapter and i have to say this is one of the best around.
    Some spoiler i can think of is:
    -Lan Jue master is the strongest out of the control.( Control is new level above what have been shown at english translated chapter) ( At Control level there is 3 Level and the clairvoyant/divine teacher is at rank 2 most are 3. rank 1 is very rare.
    -Lan Jue will become teacher and help train student and the teacher. all of them are shoch when they know Lan Jue is Zeus.
    -The Clairvoyant is Number 3 strongest
    - Hera and Zhou Qian Lin are sister, both were sent by the the Clairvoyant to prevent some disaster from happening. Zhou Qian Lin at first dosent loie Lan jue but started to change.
    - In the recent chapter Zhou Qian Lin and Zeus can combined so their power raise very fast but zeus must start again from scratch.
    - They can summon each other if one of them think about the other one ( it have been use to create funny moments later on)
    -SkyFire Avenue is the strongest and none would usually offend them as they have the most control even after some of them defect.
    - The Clairvoyant is actually the strongest battler and will battle zeus later on.
    -The Clairvoyant will die later on because he keep on using his divine power to see the future.
    -The Pill making blind daughter can actually see the future too so people will try to kidnapped her later on.
  • Some more info:
    1.Actually there are 10 people at control/master level which included the Claivoyant(rank 3)  keeper(rank 9)  and wine taster and Gourmet also later reached this level.Every master is given rank and are ranked from weakest to strongest(rank1).After rank 9 level 9, the next step is mater level which is a huge bottleneck and is difficult to attain.
    2.The master level is divided into 4 levels.(level 1 being lowest and level 4 being highest)
    3.The person at rank 2 is missing and is believed to be dead.So before Clairvoyent dies, there are 3 people at level 2(masters rank 3 to 5) and rest are all at master level 1. It is indicated that difference between each is level is very large.
    4.Guess who is person at rank 1 ? He is Zues and his brother's teacher. He is the only person to be at master level 4. He is so powerful that he can destroy 3 planets simultaneously.Once during war- northern alliance attacks eastern alliance and that time nothern alliance were very powerful. He singlehandedly destroys entire space battleships of northern alliance and after that northern alliance are afraid to attack as they were so frightened by his power.
    5. Later after 600 chapters Zues brother becomes master and he directly jumps to master level 2 skipping master level 1 with the help of his teacher.
    6. The main story line is about war between humans and aliens who are very powerful.The 2nd most powerful alien is as powerful as Zues teacher and 3 level masters cannot fight against it. Only master at level 4 can fight against 2nd most powerful aliens. Other than that there are many types of aliens who are at different power level. 
    7. Even the Claivoyent does not have accurate info about who killed Hera.But he gives some clues to Zues before dying about her death.
    8. Zues gets an OP sword which is so powerful that he can use only 2 percent of its power even at master level 1.If he can use more power like about 10 percent, then he can kill even the 2nd most powerful alien.
    9.Presently all the humans have formed an alliance to fights aliens. Zues has reached the peak of 9 and has some special abilities making him most powerful below master level.
    10.The main arcs are about training kids from school, a tournament to decide who is strongest below 40 years and arc about real story of Hera and Zhou Qianlin.They were actually sent by Claivoyent because he had a vision that humanity willbe facing crisis and Zues will play a crucial role in saving humanity.That's why they get closer to Zeus but finally they end up falling in love with him.The later arcs are about aliens fighting and training of Zues and his brother and their meeting with their  teacher. 
  • Some more info:

1.Actually there are 10 people at control/master level which included the Claivoyant(rank 3)  keeper(rank 9)  and wine taster and Gourmet also later reached this level.Every master is given rank and are ranked from weakest to strongest(rank1).After rank 9 level 9, the next step is mater level which is a huge bottleneck and is difficult to attain.
    2.The master level is divided into 4 levels.(level 1 being lowest and level 4 being highest)
    3.The person at rank 2 is missing and is believed to be dead.So before Clairvoyent dies, there are 3 people at level 2(masters rank 3 to 5) and rest are all at master level 1. It is indicated that difference between each is level is very large.
    4.Guess who is person at rank 1 ? He is Zues and his brother's teacher. He is the only person to be at master level 4. He is so powerful that he can destroy 3 planets simultaneously.Once during war- northern alliance attacks eastern alliance and that time nothern alliance were very powerful. He singlehandedly destroys entire space battleships of northern alliance and after that northern alliance are afraid to attack as they were so frightened by his power.
    5. Later after 600 chapters Zues brother becomes master and he directly jumps to master level 2 skipping master level 1 with the help of his teacher.
    6. The main story line is about war between humans and aliens who are very powerful.The 2nd most powerful alien is as powerful as Zues teacher and 3 level masters cannot fight against it. Only master at level 4 can fight against 2nd most powerful aliens. Other than that there are many types of aliens who are at different power level. 
    7. Even the Claivoyent does not have accurate info about who killed Hera.But he gives some clues to Zues before dying about her death.
    8. Zues gets an OP sword which is so powerful that he can use only 2 percent of its power even at master level 1.If he can use more power like about 10 percent, then he can kill even the 2nd most powerful alien.
    9.Presently all the humans have formed an alliance to fights aliens. Zues has reached the peak of 9 and has some special abilities making him most powerful below master level.
    10.The main arcs are about training kids from school, a tournament to decide who is strongest below 40 years and arc about real story of Hera and Zhou Qianlin.They were actually sent by Claivoyent because he had a vision that humanity willbe facing crisis and Zues will play a crucial role in saving humanity.That's why they get closer to Zeus but finally they end up falling in love with him.The later arcs are about aliens fighting and training of Zues and his brother and their meeting with their  teacher. 
    Need some clarity who's at master level 4? Zeus?His brother?His master?
    And concerning the actual battle how will he survive against the assault of 4 archangel?
    About the fact that he'll be crippled later on can you give more details?
  • edited October 2015
    Zeus teacher is at master level 4. Zues and his brother were orphans and he took them in when they were young and trained them.Zues brother Prometheus is at master level 2. Zeus has not reached master level yet in the present raws.
    The battle will end in about 3-4 chapters - no point ins spoilers. Zues is stronger than Michael due to his mecha abilities. Both get injured at the end of the fight but Michael injuries are much worse compared to Zues.
    How he gets crippled? This happens from 135- 145 chapters. Basically Zues  and other teachers and students go on a trip. There they get attacked by aliens.To protect them, Zues takes a medicine which increases his strength for a short period of time but the side effects is that he gets badly injured and gets crippled. So ends up saving people but due to side affects he gets crippled.How he is saved is a big spoiler..... 
  • How he is saved is a big spoiler..... 
    A little preview please...
  • Zhou Zhanlin saved him.
  • It bored me to sleep.
  • wait so Hera is actually zhou qianlin who came from the future????
  • No they are sisters who have are disciples of clairvoyant . Initially Hera was sent to get close to Zeus by clairvoyant but in this process both fall in love. After Hera's death, Zhou who is Hera sister is also asked by clairvoyant to closer to Zeus--- although reluctantly because initially Zhou Qianlin blames Zues for Hera's death.Actually the wedding and Zeus saving Zhou QianLin is all planned by Clairvoyant and Zhou Qianlin to get closer to Zeus.
  • Wow these antagonists are really hard to listen too...

So the Pope believing his is all virtuous and good decides to attack MC to kill the succubus. He breaks the hands off rule of Skyfire avenue that is protected by a Paragon (higher level than adept). The Paragon goes to get "compensation" and the Pope threatens to start working with the Demon Church??? wtf??? I mean if you would do that then why the hell were you after the succubus in the first place? 
  • No they are sisters who have are disciples of clairvoyant . Initially Hera was sent to get close to Zeus by clairvoyant but in this process both fall in love. After Hera's death, Zhou who is Hera sister is also asked by clairvoyant to closer to Zeus--- although reluctantly because initially Zhou Qianlin blames Zues for Hera's death.Actually the wedding and Zeus saving Zhou QianLin is all planned by Clairvoyant and Zhou Qianlin to get closer to Zeus.

So are you saying that all this time ZQ is faking it? In other words she knew Zeus would interrupt the wedding, take her away and think she was Hera? That even at the time she knew about Zeus and Hera's relationship and that Hera had been killed. That she was never planning to marry the punk from the Western Alliance?

So are you saying that all this time ZQ is faking it? In other words she knew Zeus would interrupt the wedding, take her away and think she was Hera? That even at the time she knew about Zeus and Hera's relationship and that Hera had been killed. That she was never planning to marry the punk from the Western Alliance?
    Yes.

So the Pope believing his is all virtuous and good decides to attack MC to kill the succubus. He breaks the hands off rule of Skyfire avenue that is protected by a Paragon (higher level than adept). The Paragon goes to get "compensation" and the Pope threatens to start working with the Demon Church??? wtf??? I mean if you would do that then why the hell were you after the succubus in the first place? 
    Anyway, Pope even after working with Demon Church is much weaker than Skyfire avenue. Skyfire Avenue has 4 paragons at the moment(chapter 103) and later they have like 80 percent of all paragons.Every new person that becomes paragon is from Skyfire Avenue and some other paragons also Skyfire Avuenue 

Anyway, Pope even after working with Demon Church is much weaker than Skyfire avenue. Skyfire Avenue has 4 paragons at the moment(chapter 103) and later they have like 80 percent of all paragons.Every new person that becomes paragon is from Skyfire Avenue and some other paragons also Skyfire Avuenue 

I know that later the story changes focus to Aliens but does Skyfire put all these arrogant groups like the Pope Church and Demon Church in place? Seems they should at least suffer some for their arrogance

• Those groups are mostly ignored because they are too weak and can be destroyed by Skyfire Avenue any time. But they are not harmed because each of these places has one paragon  and each paragon is of utmost important for human against aliens.
    There is a tournament to decide the strongest person below the age of 40 where people from Pope Church and demon Church compete but they lose and cannot enter top 4 - so they are humiliated in a way. But they are very careful not offend people from Skyfire Avenue - so they are left as they are and I guess will help in war against aliens.
  • Who among skyfire avenue will become paragons? And among those who's the most powerful?
  • edited November 2015
    Paragons on skyfire Avenue
    1.Wine Taster
    2.Gourmet
    3.Beggar
    4.Keeper
    5.Chain Pharmacist(dont' think she has been introduced till now)
    6.Wine Taster's Aunt who returns to Skyfire Avenue later
    7.Another paragon from northern Alliance leaves to join Skyfire Avenue - romantic interest with Wine Taster.
    8.Keeper friend and another scientist.(who joins Skyfire Avenue later)

Most powerful paragon on Skyfire Avenue is Wine Taster's Aunt. Paragon has 4 levels and she is only person at third level.Most of the other people are at level 1 but some of them progress to level 2 during course of the story.

Other paragons- who are on good terms with Zues and Howard Empire but not affliated directly with Skyfire Avenue
    -Three other of the four divine monarchs
    -Zues and his brother's teacher(introduced later)

All this info is according to latest raws.So they may or may not be paragons when they are first introduced.For example Zues three brothers(divine monarchs ) become paragons only about ch 700

• Thanks for the infos.
    When will zeus become a paragon?
    If he didn't yet how strong did he get?
  • Currently Zeus is at peak of 9-9 on the threshold of breaking into paragon level.(ch750)He could have become much earlier but he wants to break through along with Zhou Qianlin.in the latest Raws,he fights alone with a person who has just become master and is able to fight almost equally with him.If Zues and Zhou Qianlin fight together, then their power increases even more.
    Also he is on cusp of breaking through, and has been intentionally supressing his breakthrough to get better understanding of the laws.It looks like he may breakthrough very soon and possibly directly to paragon level 2 just like his brother.
  • I thought Clairvoyant is also a paragon, and the most paragon of Skyfire Avenue..

• What is his reaction after knowing everything was ploted ? About hera and qianlin
  • Clairyovent shows Lan Jue some images about Hera which shows her slowly falling in love with him. So he knows that she did not fake loving him.Also Zhou Qianlin protects him when he was one crippled damaging her cultivation. So he is not angry with either them and does not think they did anything wrong.
  • What are the laws as far as the elements go. Has this been discussed at all in the novel? Does Zeus only practice the lightning element?
  • Who is this granny Bess?7