Forum Event, 7/23 - 8/23! Artwork Competition!

RWXRWX
edited July 2015 in Original Creations

There will be two competitions, held on temporary subforums in the Original Creations forum; Competition A is for the best map of the Yulan continent (based on both accuracy and beauty), while Competition B is an 'open' competition for the depiction of any event that has occurred thus far in Coiling Dragon!

The rules: Each person can submit a single entry for each competition (in other words, you can submit one for A and one for B).  For competition 'B', the title of the post should be self-explanatory regarding the scene which the picture is about which has been made!  Submissions will be accepted between July 23rd and August 15th; on August 16th, the forums will be locked, and a voting procedure (to be revealed later) will begin, ending on August 23rd with the announcement of the top three in each category!

Note - There must be at least six entries per category for a third place prize to be awarded, at least four entries per category for a second place prize to be awarded, and at least two entries per category for a first place prize to be awarded.

The rewards: First place in each category will receive a prize of $100, second place will receive a prize of $50, and third place will receive a prize of $25 (payable by Paypal).  In addition, on the 'victory post' announcing the victors, the two first place winners will each also be given the opportunity to briefly introduce/write about themselves, and also link to their website, deviantart page, or any other page they want to promote (within reason).

I look forward to seeing what the talented people of Wuxiaworld have to offer!  :D

Comments

• Woohoo! Although I'm not an artist myself, I'm still excited to see others' works, and see if the world of Coiling Dragon is similar to how I imagine it to be. :D Good luck to all contestants!
  • well, i think i'll try for competition B cause drawing a map of entire Yulan planet from description is difficult XD
    can i just using hand with pencil?
  • edited July 2015
    Yes, you can. But you'll be at disadvantage. There are fantastic artists that can make pencil drawings look like photos (yeah, seriously!), but nowadays, whoever uses digital tools has complete dominance. 

Just two examples of drawings from crazy talented people

Paul Lung - Tiger You can follow him at DeviantArt

Audi R8 - David Kao He has a personal blog with his creations
  • Yn5an3 said:

Yes, you can. But you'll be at disadvantage. There are fantastic artists that can make pencil drawings look like photos (yeah, seriously!), but nowadays, whoever uses digital tools has complete dominance. 

Just two examples of drawings from crazy talented people

Paul Lung - Tiger You can follow him at DeviantArt

Audi R8 - David Kao He has a personal blog with his creations
    darn, that is high god level and Im not even a saint

• But The dateline are changed? Because i see people continue to submit artwork and no voting procedure as be revealed.
  • xa said:

But The dateline are changed? Because i see people continue to submit artwork and no voting procedure as be revealed.

The competition is 7/23 - 8/23, today is 8/21 in America... even if you live on the other side of the world, it's still only 8/22...

• RWX said:

Submissions will be accepted between July 23rd and August 15th; on August 16th, the forums will be locked, and a voting procedure (to be revealed later) will begin, ending on August 23rd with the announcement of the top three in each category!

• Souevks said:

xa said:

But The dateline are changed? Because i see people continue to submit artwork and no voting procedure as be revealed.

The competition is 7/23 - 8/23, today is 8/21 in America... even if you live on the other side of the world, it's still only 8/22...

xa said:

RWX said:

Submissions will be accepted between July 23rd and August 15th; on August 16th, the forums will be locked, and a voting procedure (to be revealed later) will begin, ending on August 23rd with the announcement of the top three in each category!

I was thinking about same think as well
    There where a few submissions after 15th
  • its already 24th so who's the winner ? xo
  • Rimge said:

its already 24th so who's the winner ? xo

In Book 19, Chapter 8 Ren  did say forum has been locked and Polls coming up soon.
    So we have to wait for result
  • Yeah I know was just asking in case something happened ))
  • who won ? xo
  • edited September 2015
    Rimge said:

who won ? xo

• Guys, Ren has been trying to get in touch with the winners, and afaik, he hasn't received a single reply.

We'd appreciate if you were to send him a message from the forum, or email (we need proof, for example, using the same email you have used to register).

• Yn5an3 said:

Guys, Ren has been trying to get in touch with the winners, and afaik, he hasn't received a single reply.

We'd appreciate if you were to send him a message from the forum, or email (we need proof, for example, using the same email you have used to register).

does replying the message work or do we have to sent a new message (e-mail) ?
  • @yachimi, I have no idea. Send him a mail, just in case.
  • Yn5an3 said:

@yachimi, I have no idea. Send him a mail, just in case.

ok thanks!