Main objective/villain in coiling dragon??

I recently started the LN and wanna know what is the main objective/villain in coiling dragon??
Thanks

A Hero Without Equal...A Lonely King.

Comments

• The sovereign of light and his clone , the church of light, the children of sovereign of light and some escaped convicts.
  • edited December 2015
    Theres a new villain after the old villain gets beat every time.

Spoiler:

First was Church of Light

Then was God who escaped prison and took over Liney's country and killed his grandkid

Then was some Highgod that also escaped prison (Adkins? forgot name)

Then some minor guys here and there like some dude in the village he started out in when he went to the Infernal Realm, some dude he was hired to kill during fiend trials, some guys who wanted to steal the money of the people Linley was protecting in a Fiend mission, some former Asura with a Lava Tyrant kitten pet, then he gets stuck in some crazy gravity mountain with a psychotic dude who kills the people who enter as a game, bunch of bandits he slaughters, a purgatory commanders subordinate, some clan in a city and eventually their leader who is a purgatory commander, 8 great clans who are at who with his 4 beasts clans, then some Death style dude named Odin, then a tartarus commander, then a bunch of experts in the inter-planar wars, then some wind and fate paragons who tried killing Linley cause he killed some other guys in the wars, then some dude who Oliver and his wife had a issue with as well as the dudes father, then some sovereigns cause the dude's father got pissed after Linley killed his most powerful clone and he tried tricking sovereigns into killing Linley, then a bunch of paragons when they are searching for a overgod artifact, then Sovereigns after Linley becomes a sovereign himself (Including lower wind sov, chief wind sov, chief lightning sov, and chief light sov. The Chief sovs of Wind, Earth, Water, Fire, and Darkness wanted to team up against Linely but ran away after seeing him trash Lightning and Light).

Then of course the Chief Sov of Fate as the main mastermind and the strongest boss in the end

“But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • Church of light?
    The radiant church??

• enix19955 said:

Church of light?
    The radiant church??

Yeah same thing.

The church is in multiple material planes and they are the churches of the Chief Sov of Light. All deities (demigod to Sovs) get faith energy from people worshiping them and it makes their souls stronger and training faster. But the churches of Light and the churches of Darkness also sacrifice people with pure souls to the sovereigns and get rewards based on the purity of the souls. Darkness and Light Sovereigns can make Dark angels and Light Angels (mindless soldiers) and the purer the soul the stronger the angel and the purer the soul the more rewards the church gets for their offering.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • enix19955 said:

Church of light?
    The radiant church??

Yeah same thing.

The church is in multiple material planes and they are the churches of the Chief Sov of Light. All deities (demigod to Sovs) get faith energy from people worshiping them and it makes their souls stronger and training faster. But the churches of Light and the churches of Darkness also sacrifice people with pure souls to the sovereigns and get rewards based on the purity of the souls. Darkness and Light Sovereigns can make Dark angels and Light Angels (mindless soldiers) and the purer the soul the stronger the angel and the purer the soul the more rewards the church gets for their offering.

Thanks !!!!

• I dont know where you are at in the book right now but remember the angels and souls bit.

Its introduced in the begning but forgotten about for the majority of the novel until the last book where it becomes a huge part of the story
  • I dont know where you are at in the book right now but remember the angels and souls bit.

Its introduced in the begning but forgotten about for the majority of the novel until the last book where it becomes a huge part of the story

Which book/chapter in the beginning??

• edited December 2015
    Main Objective: To reach the pinnacle of training
    Main Villain: There is no main villain per se, but just bad guys that are relevant during that arc, and is always taken care off at the end. There's an abundant of villains in this novel and they just come and go, much like in Dragon Ball.
  • edited December 2015
    enix19955 said:

I recently started the LN and wanna know what is the main objective/villain in coiling dragon??
    Thanks

The main objective of Coiling Dragon is reaching the pinnacle of Power. The main villain revealed himself at the last volume. 

The Radiant Church is the main enemy in the material plane, after a few chapters, Linley will discover there's more than the radiant church(they are governed by sovereigns of light). He didn't take action since the main reason he destroyed the Radiant Church in his material plane is because of vengeance for his parents, which is already resolved. Afterwards, the Chief Sovereign of light is revealed to have killed his clan founder and is actually keeping his mother's soul. At the last book, the chief sovereign of light is actually two entities(this chief is only a weaker clone)
  • edited December 2015
    enix19955 said:

I dont know where you are at in the book right now but remember the angels and souls bit.

Which book/chapter in the beginning??
    I think he finds out in Book 6 about who he needs to take revenge on, then in book 7, 8, and 9 he tries to get revenge and ends up fighting the king, church, angels, and saving people who the church was either gonna sacrifice to the Light Sov or have angel souls implanted in.

In book 7 chapter 20 "Full Story" you should learn a fair bit

What I meant by "beginning" was anything before he became a Saint
  • I wanna know who the man with three kittens is??(in book 5)
    Good/bad??
    What's gonna happen with him??
    Thanks!!

• edited December 2015
    enix19955 said:

I wanna know who the man with three kittens is??(in book 5)
    Good/bad??
    What's gonna happen with him??
    Thanks!!

A demigod level Divine Beast called the Sauni(?) Lion whose name is Dylin.

Not good or bad. Does some bad stuff like massacres a whole bunch of humans to create his own kingdom but frees Linley accidentally while doing it

He feels he owes Linley for freeing him from prison
    Again cause Linley saves the lifes of his kids(kittens) later
    Also gifts him a Divine spark for his one of his kitten sons

Ends up defending and protecting Linley from a God later on to repay his debt

They become friends later on but basically becomes irrelevant to the story after Linley becomes OP

So bad guy in that he'll kill anyone to get what he wants but good guy in that he will repay gratitude

They go to the Higher Realms at separate times but end up running into each other and Linley ends up helping him from a certain situation
  • edited December 2015
    And who is the guy who was bidding on linley's sculpture during the auction??
    The cardinals called him a mad man...and the old assassin fellow called him old master or something.....he looks like a middle aged man..??

And at the end of CD is linley immortal??
    Thanks!!

• enix. just read the story, a bunch of questions you have and will have, will have the answers to them appear not long after.

as for asking if linley's immortal at the end... shiiiiiiittt. linley becomes immortal by like book 10. so more than half the story still to go before the end.
  • enix19955 said:

And who is the guy who was bidding on linley's sculpture during the auction??
    The cardinals called him a mad man...and the old assassin fellow called him old master or something.....he looks like a middle aged man..??

And at the end of CD is linley immortal??
    Thanks!!

He's the king of assassins and a Saint class expert. He becomes Linley's friend later

Is Linley immortal at the end? I laughed irl when I read that. You'll get why later
    All Saints become immortal upon reaching that level and can only die if they are killed
    Thats the reason why the mad man looks young but he's actually over 5,000 years old. At least
    Vexram said:

enix. just read the story, a bunch of questions you have and will have, will have the answers to them appear not long after.

as for asking if linley's immortal at the end... shiiiiiiittt. linley becomes immortal by like book 10. so more than half the story still to go before the end.

@enix: Yea just read the book. I started reading just when Ren finished Book 5 and I had to wait patiently everyday for releases forever til it was finished. I'd kill to be in your shoes right now and read all of CD in one go
  • The main objective of this novel was always to reach the pinnacle of training. The mini bad guys here and there are just result of his travels and adventures so they can hardly count. But it was really kind of shitty that he became the top dog through a roundabout way than a legit way.

As for the main villain, it was always the chief fate sov from the get-go just that he wasn't introduce till way later on. His clone was the root cause of Linley's hatred and revenge
  • What are some of the treasures linley acquires till the end?? Like the sword blood violet/coiling dragon ring.....??
    Thanks!!

• enix19955 said:

What are some of the treasures linley acquires till the end?? Like the sword blood violet/coiling dragon ring.....??
    Thanks!!

it's kinda funny, but unlike IET's other stories, this one actually has very few treasures. other than bladeless, bloodviolet, CD ring. linley later gets a new sword 'mirage', then later also get another new sword 'life overgod sword' (it was never given an actual name as far as i know.) so linley is probably the least equiped of all IET's stories.

of course linley still gets a lot of money. and true he does get quite a few 'spoils of war' but none of it is every specifically mentioned. hell after the early parts. the weapons/armor/items linley gets aren't even mentioned anymore they are so unimportant, to the point only the money in the space rings are mentioned. even sparks are only mentioned here and there when people use them.
  • Vexram said:

it's kinda funny, but unlike IET's other stories, this one actually has very few treasures. other than bladeless, bloodviolet, CD ring. linley later gets a new sword 'mirage', then later also get another new sword 'life overgod sword' (it was never given an actual name as far as i know.) so linley is probably the least equiped of all IET's stories.

I get the feeling that it was only IET's early story that had him giving lots of gears to his characters. By that I mean 'CD and ST'. CD still has a lot, but ST was gear ridiculousness.

DE, nine cauldron (well, where I am at) and Lord Xue Ying all have very little gear as such- or at least, very little 'overpowered' gear. DE still has a bit of "finding very hard to find secret techniques" but that's not the Coiling Dragon/ Tear/etc, and Lord Xue Ying flatly doesn't have anything truly special that's not earned.
  • edited December 2015
    Arkeus said:

Vexram said:

I get the feeling that it was only IET's early story that had him giving lots of gears to his characters. By that I mean 'CD and ST'. CD still has a lot, but ST was gear ridiculousness.

DE, nine cauldron (well, where I am at) and Lord Xue Ying all have very little gear as such- or at least, very little 'overpowered' gear. DE still has a bit of "finding very hard to find secret techniques" but that's not the Coiling Dragon/ Tear/etc, and Lord Xue Ying flatly doesn't have anything truly special that's not earned.
    how does CD have a lot of gear? linley litterally has 1 ring and 4 swords, that's all his equipment, thats 5 items. even in just DE's currently translated part, Ji Ning has already surpassed that ammount. and ST was like 'i'm the lord of the treasures bitches' with a ridiculous amount of stuff.
  • Vexram said:

and ST was like 'i'm the lord of the treasures bitches' with a ridiculous amount of stuff.

hahahaha
    your talking about when he was making treasures in the time dilation space right. that was crazy
  • not just that, just look at all he's gained overtime: lie wei's mansion, qing yu immortal mansion, treasures from the 9 heavens place, mysterious confusion temple, makes a shit ton of teasures, gets or makes at least 4+ highest possible rank items (outside of UC created weapons). dude is just a treasure magnet. all you'd have to do is stick around him for a bit and you'd be loaded from picking up the ones he doesn't have time to collect.
  • edited December 2015
    Vexram said:

how does CD have a lot of gear? linley litterally has 1 ring and 4 swords, that's all his equipment, thats 5 items. even in just DE's currently translated part, Ji Ning has already surpassed that ammount. and ST was like 'i'm the lord of the treasures bitches' with a ridiculous amount of stuff.

Linley begins with Epic Gear (TM). ST protag does the same. Ji Ning begins with a meditation technique. I am not counting the lesser "get rich and get some stuff that don't matter after a few chapters" because they all get that (E.G Linley constantly get rich with cores/ec, then buy stuff to make himself stronger/etc), though I guess I should count Bloodviolet/Mirage/sword of life.

DE never ever gets Epic Gear (TM), though there is a few times he gets Epic Technique (TM). The lake mansion, while nice, basically serve the same role as Doehring, which came as an added bonus of Epic Gear (TM). E.G everything about the mansion is about improving yourself, the treasures are the equivalents of "Linley getting a good sword for level 8 swordmen when he is level 7), which, huh, he actually got Bloodviolet earlier than that.
  • i get that arkeus. but you said that linley gets a lot of gear. as in many equipments that he uses. thats what i was getting at. we are talking about quantity here, not quality. and in CD linley litterally has so few that he uses through the story that he could be consided poor. (i also for got to add in the black soul stone for linley so 6 items)
  • But he does get a ton of transiant gear, it's just that as he already got engame gear in the beginning he just sells/give it.
  • Linley has a lot of stuff actually, but if we only count things that he actually used, then yeah, he's barely got any.

But this is another problem about the novel. It ditched the weapon system, or at least messed it up, pretty badly. Weapons in this novel honestly can't be used for anything but its hardness. If my weapon is tougher than yours, everything else is the same, I win. Originally, weapons were suppose to have some secondary effect like bloodviolet with its sound technique and bloodlust nature. In fact, it went into great detail about how the nature of the weapon is important and making it truly your own and that it has sentience and all that. Linley was suppose to make the adamant one sword evolve into a divine artifact through nurturing it. In the end, all that was ditched.
    Linley never made bladeless a DA and bloodviolet never acknowledge Linley. All further weapons that he uses, and everyone else in the story actually, just use the weapons for its hardness. In the beginning, Linley was talking about usin the earth laws with bladeless was more effective than bloodviolet, although this was never properly explained why, it was never mentioned again. Now, people don't even care if they use a weapon they created themselves, they just buy or get other weapons. At the commander level and above, everyone uses sov artifacts. The sov artifact don't even have any secondary ability nor do godspark weapons, theyre all used for its hardness. That's really lame in my opinion.
    The author completely ditched the weapons system, instead of making it interesting by continuing the whole concept of extra effects and "being one with the weapon" he just decided to use the "my weapon is more durable than yours so I win" he built up the potential Linley had to create his own weapons but Linley never made a single artifact. Heck, even his strongest weapon in the end wasn't in tune with his element so he wasn't able to use its full power.
  • @xianxiafan,

actually it was stated at one point that linley did turn bladeless into a divine artifact. i don't think the level of it was said but it was definitely a divine artifact. and it's not that the weapon system was ditched, it was just that things quickly reached a point where the secondary effects became moot.

arkeus, actually linley gets very little gear as a whole. most people only had 1 or 2 weapons and maybe 1 armor/soul protecting device. and the soul items are automatically destroyed upon death unless sov item. the only things linley gets bascially in the whole story after going to the infernal realm is money, sparks, space rings, and sov's might, and maybe a few consumable items. very little total gear overall. of course linley could have gotten quite a few weapons and armor but it's never mentioned in the story. ever.

not sure about how much the MC's in lord xue xing/9 cauldrin/path of radiance/ect. get but im pretty sure linley stands among the top in terms of least items. it's kinda funny too how extreme the difference is between CD and ST. in ST linley had so many items he was swimming in them, then in CD the sequal/prequal (squal written but prequal story) linley is basically the most frugal mofo ever, getting 1-2 weapons and no armors (since he has natural armor, and magic armor) and sticks with them for 17 out of 21 books. and more than that he barely gets any extra's. he gets a few extra he either sells or give away. (one went to delia and he sold the other. i don't remember him ever getting anymore he could keep. after he gets to the infernal realm clones came into play and basically all weapons he got were unusable and were homing beacons to the owners)
  • What?!
    Linley did make a divine artifact. Then it must have been like a 5 word mention. Also, if that was true, then there is another contradiction in this novel(as if there already wasn't plenty of those) you are suppose to feed the weapon your spiritual energy over a long period of time. And i mean a LONG period. At least longer than what Linley has lived. Unless of course, he was making a demigod. But it doesn't make sense. A demigod artifact requires about 10000 years of nurturing. And if you want to make a highgod, then you would need about a million. Linley became a god in his earth clone first, so then he would be skipping over the demigod. And it still takes a long time. Linley hasn't lived very long, even at the end he can still be considered a newborn baby compared to a lot of people. And another plot hole is that Linley was never mentioned to be actively nurturing his weapons. 10000 years to make a demigod artifact means 10000 years of hard work, constantly pouring in your spiritual power. So if you don't do it constantly, then it would require even more time. Linley spends all his time studying the laws, where'd he find time to feed his weapons and enough to create a divine artifact. Perhaps, he sped up the process after mutating, but at that point those weapons are useless.
    The author did ditch the weapon system. He could have made it so that each weapon carried a special effect or attack and that would have made it more interesting. And sov artifacts don't have those secondary effects, otherwise people would use them. Perhaps they may be useless to other sov but they should be effective against deities.

It's also stupid to introduce all the sentience of divine artifacts and everything when nobody cares about it all. It is barely mentioned and at the commander level, people just use sov which definitely would never acknowledge a deity as its master.
    Does no one else find it boring when the only real difference between weapons is the durability of it. Including the spiritual aspect of the weapons and give them effective side abilities like in the beginning would have been a lot better. The author even destoyed the aspect of element to the weapons. There are sometimes hints that certain weapons are specialized are have a property to it that matches with the laws and edicts. Like some destruction weapons are mentioned to be "destroying-ish" or was that just the divine power being channeled through it. Well, it definitely would have been cooler if weapons were just more than a matter of which is tougher.
  • actually no divine artifacts have sentience. and any sov items that might have them are only sentient to the the blood essense put into them. and the only one shown to do so was the azure dragon. so no clue where this arguement of yours came from.

actually the rate of making a divine artifact is based on power and spiritual power and 'will'. just look at beirut. he was only a sovereign for what 15k or so years when it was stated that his godspark weapon was a sov item. i seriously doubt beirut had any friendly wind sov's he could trust to take a godspark weapon and make it a sov item for him.

and by the time bladeless was mentioned as a divine item i think linley was a 4 way mutate so its not surprising he could turn it into a divine artifact in a short amount of time.

also despite you saying so, battles did not degrade to 'my weapon is more durable than yours.' any weapons destroyed were because the power difference was just too large. well except when godspark weapons come into play. and even then linley was still very strong by then.
  • All divine artifacts have sentience. Otherwise how do they become one? Sentience is the ability to "feel" sort of like a sense of sorts. If they didn't have this, how would they know who is their master. Remember that conservation Linley had with Muba. It stated that simply binding them with blood does not make you the true owner. You need to nurture a weapon for a long time to get a divine artifact or do so to have it acknowledge you as its true master. This was all explicitly stated so I believe my argument is correct.
    Now my problem is that the author stopped doing all this. He would occasionally mention how someone is doing good because they are using a weapon that is legitly theirs but that's really it. It doesn't seem like being the true master of a divine artifact has any real effect. And later on, everyone uses sov artifacts that they can never be the true master of. It's stupid.

Did Beirut really make that sov weapon. I was under the impression that he was gifted it by the chief sov of destruction. Now that is another plot hole. Sov are suppose to take up millions and even longer to make a sov artifact. This was stated a few times so why is the author going back on it now? If all it takes was about 10000 years to make one than why place so much importance on it that you have to retrieve it once the the person you gifted it to is dead. Seems like no big deal to me. I'm pretty sure they do so because it stated that they spend so much effect into making those that they can't just let it go.

As for bladeless, I can understand if he did so after the soul mutation but it makes no sense to do so. He would just get some highgod artifacts that won't even compare to godspark weapons or sov artifacts or his almighty overgod weapon. Now that I think about, why did he bring out bladeless and bloodviolet in the final fight anyways? They are only highgod artifacts that wouldn't stand a chance against orloff. Or did they become sov artifacts without my noticing?

The durability of the weapon plays a huge role in most fights in this novel. Otherwise there would be no point in getting sov artifacts cuz durability is really the only thing they are better at than highgod ones. If everything else is the same, the person with a more durable weapon is the victor. That's kind of stupid in my opinion. To make it more interesting, the author should have continued what he started. Like make it so that even if one guy has a less durable weapon, he is in tuned completely with the weapon so he can use his weapon better than the other guy. Or give them special effects like the making them be able to confuse you increase your base stats or something. This would make it so that just because your weapon is less harder than your opponents does not mean you would automatically lose. The way this story is written, it often times is the case. Again, that's why everybody tries to get sov artifacts at the deity level and at the sov level, get overgod artifacts. They will never be one with the artifacts, but who cares about that when the artifact is way more durable than what you could ever achieve with making your own. And once Linley goes to infernal realm, extra effects produced by the weapons never happen again. This is a very interesting concept that should have been kept.