Xiao Yan Qi Method

How much does his qi method increase with every heavenly flame he adds can someone out line it? 

Comments

• I think he first time, it increase by a whole rank to Xuan Low for Green Core Lotus.
  • First flame - Beast flame - Mid Huang

(First Heavenly Flame)
    Second flame - Blue/Green Lotus - Low Xuan

Third flame - Fallen Heart - Low Di

Fourth flame - 3,000 Star Fire - Mid Di

Fifth Flame - Chilling Bone - High Di?

Sixth Flame - Sea Heart - Low Tian

Seventh Flame - Purifying Lotus Demon - High Tian?
  • xigua said:

First flame - Beast flame - Mid Huang

(First Heavenly Flame)

Thank you so much sir this was the exact answer i was looking for :D you sir are a gentleman and a scholar!
  • But that makes me think it wasn't worth at all he should have just used the highest qi method his teacher had until the point he started seeing heavenly flames before even using that other qi method.
  • I don't believe you can use multiple qi methods or otherwise, wouldn't Yao Lai give Xiao Yan more?
  • Im pretty sure you can otherwise why would people always be offering up their most powerful qi method and he already had a qi method but xun er wanted him to change it for the hers.
  • where to find chapter 620 can somone tell me

• @surivalking
    Go to raws

@crownklown
    Although i can't 100 percent say I'm right, it is impossible because wouldn't others do it as well, but no one does it. Also, that was before he started practicing it.
  • didnt she feel his qi method and ask him to change it to hers?  I think it might just be a plot hole.
  • You might be right, but in most novels, the characters can only use one Qi method. My guess is that once you cultivate it to a certain level, it will be a waste of time to change probably.
  • I remember, but I'm not 100% sure, they said something about this when they introduced the flame mantra qi method... Yao Lao said that if one wanted to practice this qi method then you couldn't train in any other method; be it before or after training in the flame mantra...

But as I said before, I'm not 100% sure about it. I may be mixing different novels -_-
  • edited December 2015
    aqswde said:

I remember, but I'm not 100% sure, they said something about this when they introduced the flame mantra qi method... Yao Lao said that if one wanted to practice this qi method then you couldn't train in any other method; be it before or after training in the flame mantra...

But as I said before, I'm not 100% sure about it. I may be mixing different novels -_-
    He can, it's just that there will be no point. I -think- I remember Yao Lao telling Xiao Lan telling to abandon the Flame Mantra because it was too hard. I also remember reading Xun Er and either Yun Yun or Ruo Lin telling Xian Lan to use another Dou Qi Method since the started point of the Flame Mantra is the lowest of the low. Not entirely sure. 

You can train under a new Dou Qi Method, but it'll mean you'll have to abandon your current progress and start over.

Flame Mantra uses Heavenly Flames to become stronger. It is truly the strongest Dou Qi Method. Xian Lan will be strong if he chose a strong method but he won't be the strongest. And in that world, strength means everything.

Xiao Lan choosing and sticking with the Flame Mantra is important to the plot anyway. So there's no point in discussing what-if, especially when the novel has already ended.
  • xigua said:

(First Heavenly Flame)

Hold up, wasn't Blue Lotus Flame ranked 19th while Fallen Heart ranked 23rd something (at least it's in the 20s, lower than Lotus)?
    So how the hell did Lotus only increased 2 levels while Fallen Heart increased 3? Not to mention Lotus only increased from Huang (the lowest of the low) while Fallen Heart from low Xuan straight to Di.
  • Nope, Fallen Heart is ranked 14. Look again. Use the wiki for the flame rankings.
  • Ah I see, thx. I seem to recall that I read it from the manhua, probably where my mistake lie.
  • He can switch the qi method however it's effect wouldn't be as strong. 

He also has a heavenly flame integrated into him so I think he can't switch or the heavenly flames backlash (not 100% sure about it) but we know the flame mantra is the only one able to integrate heavenly flames. 

So xiao yan can't but others would be able to switch qi methods for minor increase in strength.
  • if he switches qi method then he can only have 1 essence flame... the point on the flame mantra is being able to absorb/use multiple essence flames.
  • does Xiao Yan ever combine all heavenly flames together to make an op attack like he combined his first flame and his teachers?
  • does Xiao Yan ever combine all heavenly flames together to make an op attack like he combined his first flame and his teachers?
    he literally commands all heavenly flames to come to him and uses them together for the final atk in the final boss fight (he even pulled out the void flame that the boss guy owned xD)
  • Wasn't it something like "You can switch to higher Tier Qi method, but not the lower tier level"? And it makes sense. You can make your meridians thicker and bigger, but making them smaller seems... impossible? Once it's stretched it can't just shrink back.
  • Did Xiao Yan really absorbed the Heart of the Sea flame? He did kill Mu Gu but it wasn't stated if he absorbed/refined the flame after or gave it to his daughter(His master stated about looking for some essence flame for his daughter before they attacked the Soul Palace where Mu Gu was coincidentally staying). Though some flames of Golden Emperor Burning Heaven Flame from Xun er was added while he was refining Purifying Lotus Demon Flame.

• xigua said:

(First Heavenly Flame)

Not quite correct.

Here are the real rankings up to the point where I have read until now.

(First Heavenly Flame)

Fourth flame - 3,000 Star Fire - High Di

Fifth Flame - Chilling Bone - Quasi Tian

• edited September 2017
    jyunpeyrp said:
    xigua said:

(First Heavenly Flame)

Not quite correct.

(First Heavenly Flame)

I think it was more like this:

First Flame - Beast Flame - Mid Huang

Heavenly Flames
    2nd Flame - Green Lotus Core Flame - Mid Xuan

3rd Flame - Fallen Heart Flame - Low Di

4th Flame - 3000 Star Flame - High/Peak Di

5th Flame - Bone Chilling Flame - Quasi/Accurate Tian

6th Flame - Ocean Heart Flame - Low Tian

7th Flame - Purifying Lotus Demonic Flame (plus a miniscule amount of Golden Emperor Sky Burning Flames) - High Tian

You can change qi methods only it means mean you must train the new one from the beginning, which I think involves converting your dou qi to the new qi method and adjusting to the different feeling and qi flow.
    People from normal backwater areas use Huang class qi methods or in decent clans Xuan class maybe changing to Xuan/Di at a higher level if lucky enough.  In the central plain and in high level clans it's assumed that when breaking through to Dou Zhe they all take high class Xuan qi methods or Low Di.  As they progress they also change their qi method for a higher quality one.

If Xiao Yan didn't choose Flame Mantra I think the other scroll Yao Chen offered was low Di class.  He would've had a much better start but he would've been limited to one heavenly flame.  He could've possibly gotten more still but he'd need to suppress them by pure will/spiritual strength alone so that means no flame lotus.

• Layte said:
    jyunpeyrp said:
    xigua said:

(First Heavenly Flame)

Not quite correct.

(First Heavenly Flame)

I think it was more like this:

First Flame - Beast Flame - Mid Huang

Heavenly Flames
    2nd Flame - Green Lotus Core Flame - Mid Xuan

3rd Flame - Fallen Heart Flame - Low Di

4th Flame - 3000 Star Flame - High/Peak Di

5th Flame - Bone Chilling Flame - Quasi/Accurate Tian

6th Flame - Ocean Heart Flame - Low Tian

7th Flame - Purifying Lotus Demonic Flame (plus a miniscule amount of Golden Emperor Sky Burning Flames) - High Tian

You can change qi methods only it means mean you must train the new one from the beginning, which I think involves converting your dou qi to the new qi method and adjusting to the different feeling and qi flow.
    People from normal backwater areas use Huang class qi methods or in decent clans Xuan class maybe changing to Xuan/Di at a higher level if lucky enough.  In the central plain and in high level clans it's assumed that when breaking through to Dou Zhe they all take high class Xuan qi methods or Low Di.  As they progress they also change their qi method for a higher quality one.

If Xiao Yan didn't choose Flame Mantra I think the other scroll Yao Chen offered was low Di class.  He would've had a much better start but he would've been limited to one heavenly flame.  He could've possibly gotten more still but he'd need to suppress them by pure will/spiritual strength alone so that means no flame lotus.

i don't think that's right about qi methods i think Duniak is right you can upgrade your qi method to a higher one but you can't down grade from a higher one to a lower one or if you do you have to at least destroy your progress with the previous method so either way you have to restart, that would explain why yao chen didn't practise it himself since the flame mantra by default is the lowest level. also i think there is a limit to what level of qi method you can practise for each level and as you get stronger then you can upgrade to higher tiers because xun er is from the almighty gu clan but she got her starting qi method from the gu clan then upgraded it with one from the school, there is no way the gu clan has a worse selection of qi methods than a school that struggles to raise dou zongs so she must have started with the highest tier she could handle and then upgraded it later.
  • I'm actually agreeing, I'm just saying what happens commonly when you change Qi methods.  But one thing I'm wondering about is Han Feng.  He should've already past Dou Zhe when he conspired to kill Yao Lao and got a remnant copy of Flame Mantra right?  If he switched to Flame Mantra wouldn't that be downgrading in a way?  Normally speaking though every person just upgrades Qi methods when they need to like from Xuan to Di and Di to Tian.
  • Layte said:
    I'm actually agreeing, I'm just saying what happens commonly when you change Qi methods.  But one thing I'm wondering about is Han Feng.  He should've already past Dou Zhe when he conspired to kill Yao Lao and got a remnant copy of Flame Mantra right?  If he switched to Flame Mantra wouldn't that be downgrading in a way?  Normally speaking though every person just upgrades Qi methods when they need to like from Xuan to Di and Di to Tian.
    it is possible that he was aware of the flame mantra before becoming a Dou Zhe and deliberately restricted himself to the lowest level of qi method so that he could switch when he got the flame mantra since it wouldn't be a downgrade the main problem here is we don't know enough about Han Feng's time with Yao Lao.