True Martial World spoilerz?

Hey guys, opening up the spoiler discussion for True Martial World being translated by CKtalon on gravity Translations. 

So I might as well ask the opening questions.
Is this story worthwhile?
How long is it?
How long until the MC becomes "not weak"?
Generally any spoilers are welcome.

Comments

• edited February 2017
      YY stopped developing since the beginning pretty much.  He was an average guy and then became quickly no different than a lot of protagonists.  There was no progression.  He had no issue killing his first person, he was aloof quickly from the start, he was shy before but then was not really affected by other worldly beauty and was calm and collective in front of LX.  He quickly used manipulation and plotting without going through any experience of learning how.  He simply just changed who he is in a short time without going through the trials of failure and learning.  Like most, even LM, the only thing that changes is his power level.

The only tension in TMW in terms of romance is LH but once they get together, everything will work out perfectly. LH and LX will accept one another without jealousy even though statistically that should not be the case.  Females are just as possessive as males are if not even more as there are certain oxytocin receptor cells that promote feelings of jealousy and possessiveness.  People can control those feelings like anger to a certain extent, nonetheless, it would be there.  LX might accept LH but how LH is written, it would be a stretch if she is willing to share YY with LX.  Thinking about how LH seems more spoiled from  where I left off long ago.

The only realistic character growth was Nantian from being arrogant to a more cautious prick after so many setbacks.  He was a spoiled, egocentric prick and changed more ina  realistic manner after what YY did to him but stayed true to his nature of focusing on himself. He was a cautious egocentric prick.
    Lol yeah. Its funny how the author always uses the excuse of trying to create something unique and different from his previous stories, yet he's basically repeating the same sh*t over and over again.
    1) starts at the lowest level possible with no background or support.
    2) Becomes enemies with someone who has a strong background.
    3) Shows his talent as a Desolate Master gaining the interest of some people.
    4) Starts getting stronger and participates in some kind of tournament.
    5) Against all odds, our Mc obtains first place, and gains the support of even more people.
    6) Gets a power-up, and then some kind of bad sh*t happens to our protagonist where he has to risk his life.
    7) Escapes and gets stronger.
    8) Solves problem.
    9) Goes to a higher realm/place
    Now just reread this list 3 times and you have True Martial world until latest chapter(and from the pattern that I am seeing, the future chapters too)

• edited February 2017
      YY stopped developing since the beginning pretty much.  He was an average guy and then became quickly no different than a lot of protagonists.  There was no progression.  He had no issue killing his first person, he was aloof quickly from the start, he was shy before but then was not really affected by other worldly beauty and was calm and collective in front of LX.  He quickly used manipulation and plotting without going through any experience of learning how.  He simply just changed who he is in a short time without going through the trials of failure and learning.  Like most, even LM, the only thing that changes is his power level.

The only tension in TMW in terms of romance is LH but once they get together, everything will work out perfectly. LH and LX will accept one another without jealousy even though statistically that should not be the case.  Females are just as possessive as males are if not even more as there are certain oxytocin receptor cells that promote feelings of jealousy and possessiveness.  People can control those feelings like anger to a certain extent, nonetheless, it would be there.  LX might accept LH but how LH is written, it would be a stretch if she is willing to share YY with LX.  Thinking about how LH seems more spoiled from  where I left off long ago.

The only realistic character growth was Nantian from being arrogant to a more cautious prick after so many setbacks.  He was a spoiled, egocentric prick and changed more ina  realistic manner after what YY did to him but stayed true to his nature of focusing on himself. He was a cautious egocentric prick.
    Lol yeah. Its funny how the author always uses the excuse of trying to create something unique and different from his previous stories, yet he's basically repeating the same sh*t over and over again.
    1) starts at the lowest level possible with no background or support.
    2) Becomes enemies with someone who has a strong background.
    3) Shows his talent as a Desolate Master gaining the interest of some people.
    4) Starts getting stronger and participates in some kind of tournament.
    5) Against all odds, our Mc obtains first place, and gains the support of even more people.
    6) Gets a power-up, and then some kind of bad sh*t happens to our protagonist where he has to risk his life.
    7) Escapes and gets stronger.
    8) Solves problem.
    9) Goes to a higher realm/place
    Now just reread this list 3 times and you have True Martial world until latest chapter(and from the pattern that I am seeing, the future chapters too)

• I have read upto chapter 99 so here goes:

There are 5 levels until you reach the purple blood warrior level. From what I could discern from the mtl, they are the brave, gas, blood, unlocking the meridians and the luck boundary.

Yi yun along with the help of his purple card has a ferocious training speed. Since he and his sister are dirt poor and they have barely anything to eat, his physique is quite weak.

It turns out the first time Yi yun supposedly died was because he was ambushed in the mountains when collecting medicines by Lian Chengyu (Currently the main antagonist). This was because he wants to get with Yi Yun's sister.

Yi Yun gets sent into the the mountains to collect medicines again. There he realises with the help of his card he can refine and absorb the essence of the various medicines and dan. His absorption rate is near 100% whereas the normal absorption rate for other people is about 20-30%.

Fast forward he absorbs various medicines and brakes through the brave boundary as he doesnt need to depend on the pitiful food he receives from the clan. Then he sneaks on the the clan's martial arts training session and learns the dragon fist martial art. Practises like a madman in the mountains and breaks through the gas layer.

Initially the clan had expended a lot of their resources to obtain the wild bone which is used to enchance your energies and break through the puple blood warrior level for Lian Chengyu.
    Yi Yun was able to refine a bit of the bone with his card when he first saw it. He couldnt refine it completely as he was too far from it. This bone was of the demonic cold python, it was one of the lowest level power beasts out there. Since the clan was also piss poor this was all they could afford.

In order to refine the bone they needed it to boil for 60 days. Refining the bone was a dangerous process as it emitted poisonous energy from the cauldron. A lot of the villagers who had to stir the cauldron were sacrificed due to this process. The poison did not hurt Yi Yun because of the card and due to his close proximity with the bone he broke through the blood layer. Then Yi Yun acts as he has been poisoned as to not arouse suspicion. Then lian cheyun sends a poison pellet in form of a medicine to the mc's house. Mc recovers and thanks cheyun to his surprise for the good will gesture. Mc wows in his head to get back at him.

Again Mc trains in the mountains like a madman and he unlocks his meridians. This time around a bloke from the imperial city comes around to assess the talent in the clan for the upcoming god country competition. Mc decides to reveal a bit of his power. The bloke teaches a survival technique to the clan, mc is the only one who grasps it that too in his first attempt. The bloke is impressed cheyun not so much. This time Cheyun gifts a different poison pellet to the mc hoping the third time will be the charm. Mc while stirring the cauldron absorbs too much of the essence after unlocking his meridians which severly backfires on him. His body convulses and he jumps of from a nearby cliff into a fast stream in order to not arouse any suspicions. Everyone in the clan including cheyun thinks the mc is dead, he is really happy. The sister does not believe them she has hoping that her brother is somewhat strong and will survive and come back.

Also his elder sister is not his real sister as she was adopted by mc's mother when she was young. She has a lot of royal mannerisms and it is hinted throughout the story that she might be somone with royal heritage.

Moving on the mc ends up at the end of the stream and is found by a master and disciple. The name of the master is mr. Su and the disciple is Li Xuantan??(love interest). She has a special root but her arteries are not good. She invited the mc over for some food despite the displeasure of the master. Master cooks a burnt chicken much to the displeasure of the mc as in his previous life he used to be a chef. Master tells him to cook his own chicken. Mc asks for some ingredients and he cooks a brilliant wine sauté chicken. The fat master is drooling after he is impressed with the mc and asks him for the recipe. Mc asks the master to make him his disciple. Master says the mc has an ordinary root. Mc challenges future waifu(17 years old), she surpresses her cultivation and then fights and then gets owned by the mc. She is impressed as well as the master. Master gives him a wild bone of a powerful deer,a life saving talisman and lots of meat in a space ring. Waifu gives him her personally written dragon fist martial art manual. Mc then returns to the clan.

Meanwhile at the clan while the mc was gone the sister was harassed by one of cheyuns lackey and the village soceress. She said that mc was cursed and told the villagers to throw cow dung at the mc's house.

Mc returns is pissed takes his sister secretly out of the clan. They go in the mountains build a hut and start living there. Sister is surprised at the mc as he bring a lot of meat and feeds her delicious cooked food. Mc says he will take care of the sister forever she smiles and his happy(another love interest). Mc sees smoke from the village realises they have burnt their house then vows revenge.

Again mc trains for a month or two his strength rises to about 6k jin. Mean while at the clan cheyun starts to absorbs the essence of the bone in order to break through the purple blood warrior level. Time goes on 1h 2h 5h 7h cheyun starts getting pissed he does not know that most of the essence was absorbed by the mc. Cheyun tries to force the breakthrough is unable and is seriously injured in the process(LOL). Everyone in his family is depressed they decide not to reveal this information to the villagers as this would cause riots. This was because the clan had spent most of the grain to purchase the wild bone and now the clan was broke. They pledged eveything on cheyun hoping he would breakthrough and bring prosperity for the clan.

The god country competition was being held in a few weeks and cheyun was recovering meanwhile the mc decides to visit the clan. Since after cheyun his lackey is the next most powerful young person in the clan. Mc challanges, humiliates and then cripples him on the verge of life and death. The soceress who was the lackey's lover gets bitch slapped by the mc and he disfigures her face. Mc tells everyone that the lian clan purposefully sacrificed the villagers for the refinement of the wild bone. Cheyun tells everyone that the mc is slandering the good name of the lian clan. All the villagers believe cheyun then the mc leaves.

At the competition which is being held at the tao clan which is one of the bigger clans as they have a lot of purple blood warriors. Mr. Su and Li Xuantan also happen to be there as well as a lot of people from the imperial city. They are here to watch the talents.

The first competion is for those who are below the purple blood warrior level. They have to withstand huge pressure from a powerful beast and walk towards a wild bone facing huge pressure. Mc stands there while everyone is trying to withstand the pressure and trying to reach the wild bone. Eveyone including Mr. Su is thinking mc is not cut out for practising martial cultivation. Meanwhile the mc is absorbing the immense pressure with the help of his card and breaks through the peak level of the luck layer and he is only one step away from the purple blood warrior level. Everyone is shocked as there are very few people who can break through in the time of adversity. Some people from the imperial city think they have found a gem in this entire desolate area. Mc casually walks towards the wild bone and reaches it. He is placed first in the competition. Cheyun along with the other generic xianxia young masters are royally pissed. The mc gets awarded a lieutenant position in the army. Cheyun an eyeryone else are fuming.

The next competition is the showcase of skills.
    All the young masters show off their supposedly awesome skills. Then cheyun shows off his dragon fist martial art and is given a very good rating. Mc has found about 40 flaws in cheyun's technique. Then it is mc's turn to show off his dragon fist martial art skill.
    This is where chapter 99 ends.

In my opinion the story seems decent but the pacing of it is a bit too slow. 4/5
  • As of today there are only 101 chapters released for this novel.

Nothing much happens in the next two chapters:

Chapter 100: Yi Yun practices a pure form of the dragon fist art, it does not look great but it is the perfect representation of the art. Only the top martial artists in the arena can appreciate this form. Everyone else in the crowd and the heads of the clans sneers at him.

Chapter 101: Yi Yun enters a perfect state in which only the top martial artists can enter. He has perfected the dragon fist martial art and his techniques start making noises.
    Basically if your punches can generate even a whiff of noise you have achieved a bit of the art. Mc starts making roaring noises with his art and a purple light descends from the sky and everybody on the scene is astonished. The various patriarchs drinking tea have exploded their tea cups. That's how the chapter ends.

I will update this thread in a couple of months, when the number of chapters has accumulated again. :D
  • good to know nothing serious happened with his sister while he is gone
  • edited November 2015
    Hi =)

As of the latest few chapters, YY enters the semi-finals of the Tai Ah Kingdom's warrior selection process. After show casing their skills, they are given a 'grade'.

The grades are split into 4 general realms, each realm with 9 levels.

From lowest to highest, 

Yellow, Mystic, Earth, Heaven realms.

Most of the participants didn't even get classified under the Yellow realm.

LCY gets Yellow, level 5.

Another antagonist, the third young master of the Tao tribal clan (the clan which sold the desolate bones to the Lian tribe) gets Yellow, level 8.

Yi Yun gets Mystic, level 5.

People in this grade are destined to be generals or heads of sects, etc.

BTW, Yi Yun's previous 'self' died from falling off a cliff. It wasn't due to any sabotage from LCY...
  • so dose he bang the "love interest"?
    that would be fucken awesome if it happened
  • What happens after the selection?spoiler summary if possible please? Thanks!
  • is he gonna be couple with Jiang Xiaorou?
  • Narcox said:

is he gonna be couple with Jiang Xiaorou?

Unless the RAWs are way ahead, and someone has read that far we do not know. Atm he is 12 years old and views Jiang Xiaorou as an elder sister and Li Xuantan as kinda like a master for teaching/helping him comprehend the Dragon Bone Tiger Martial Arts. Also keep in mind he is deathly afraid of people finding out about the purple card he has absorbed so he tends to try and stay low key.

I heard from one of the editors that the TLs goal is to catch up with the RAWs quickly so i am assuming that this is a very new novel and might only have a couple of hundred chapters out. In saying all of this we might be a little early for romance.
  • Narcox said:

is he gonna be couple with Jiang Xiaorou?

Unless the RAWs are way ahead, and someone has read that far we do not know. Atm he is 12 years old and views Jiang Xiaorou as an elder sister and Li Xuantan as kinda like a master for teaching/helping him comprehend the Dragon Bone Tiger Martial Arts. Also keep in mind he is deathly afraid of people finding out about the purple card he has absorbed so he tends to try and stay low key.

I heard from one of the editors that the TLs goal is to catch up with the RAWs quickly so i am assuming that this is a very new novel and might only have a couple of hundred chapters out. In saying all of this we might be a little early for romance.
    hmm thanks for the information
    I hope the purple crystal change his constitution too in the future
  • can anyone tell me if something happen with his sister when he is participating of the selection
  • Narcox said:

can anyone tell me if something happen with his sister when he is participating of the selection

I cannot answer the question but i have found out the the current novel is only up to around chapter 160 so this means we are not that far from raws. I have heard that the TLer plans to catch up to the raws by the end of January. The author releases two chapters per day so our fearless translator will need to release at least 3 per day to close the 40 chapter gap. This is great news for all of us leechers.
  • what weapons he will choose?
  • Narcox said:

what weapons he will choose?

A Bow and a weird knife/halebard combination if MTL is remotely correct. Both are OP weapons so the General is crying because he did not think MC would pick both.
  • I think we have met the first major antagonist in the novel in the last chapter. My guess is the Prince will be betrothed to Li Xuantan as she is a genius from a major family (and they are probably hiding her issue with veins). 

Yi Yun is gonna need to get a plot armor power up somewhere soon because the difference is simply too great between him and a Viscount (my guess is Prince is above Purple Realm).
  • I don't really agree his cultivation was at the start slow cause he didn't have access to relic bones and if can start refining them then he has a way to get way faster cultivation and he is also the strongest from his camp and in his group in the divine wilderness so he is bound to rise into the pyramid which will make his cultivation go fast enough to give possibility to catch up to the prince but I think there is a while to that.
  • I think we have met the first major antagonist in the novel in the last chapter. My guess is the Prince will be betrothed to Li Xuantan as she is a genius from a major family (and they are probably hiding her issue with veins). 

Yi Yun is gonna need to get a plot armor power up somewhere soon because the difference is simply too great between him and a Viscount (my guess is Prince is above Purple Realm).
    Well looks like in the latest chapter he did indead get a powerup from the three headed primordial beast. I wonder what it will do to his power level.... I am guessing at least mid-purple and maybe up to early late-purple

Well looks like in the latest chapter he did indead get a powerup from the three headed primordial beast. I wonder what it will do to his power level.... I am guessing at least mid-purple and maybe up to early late-purple
    most likely this will be a kind of cheat resouce for him from now on
  • Mr_Lu said:

I think we have met the first major antagonist in the novel in the last chapter. My guess is the Prince will be betrothed to Li Xuantan as she is a genius from a major family (and they are probably hiding her issue with veins). 

most likely this will be a kind of cheat resouce for him from now on
    I agree. he will need to get dragon scales i assume to keep coming back but i think after this initial power up he will be in the top 10 of all the new arrivals. i also think he will use his perception cheat to learn the martial techniques by watching or sparing with the other newbies.
  • Mr_Lu said:
    I agree. he will need to get dragon scales i assume to keep coming back but i think after this initial power up he will be in the top 10 of all the new arrivals. i also think he will use his perception cheat to learn the martial techniques by watching or sparing with the other newbies.
    most likely he will even be able to get to top 3 with this cheat like resouce if i am not wrong, also it will depend on how much he can gain from these 2 hours free time tho
  • He actually spends most of his time on the herb mountain collecting herbs for dragon scale runes. He then finds a Primordial Treasure Herb, eats 2/3rds of it then turns it in for 10,000 dragon scale rune and 3 glory points and uses most of that for a new cultivation technique and finds out that there is a treasure that can increase his talent by a lot. He then decides that he will get it as he is aware that a lot of his problems will smaller once he has even above average talent instead of his weak talent. It takes 50,000 dragon scale runes and 32 glory points.
  • I'm wondering if he will pull some of the Primordial Blood line talent from the statues... That purp he's smok.. i mean purple card is such a nice hack...
  • Why does he even need to have more talent( you mean constitution to absorb the qi right?) the purple card gives him a 100 percent absorbtion rate which is equal to a seemles body, so what does he gain by increasing his normal constitution?

• Yea I also don't get why he needs more talent, I mean I always understood that talent was just higher level of comprehension, perception and ability to absorb, due to being a college student I think his comprehension and level of perception to be rather high and due to his purple card he doesn't need to worry about absorbing so I really don't understand why he would need to waste his dragon scale runes and glory points for higher "talent".
  • Nabcake said:

Yea I also don't get why he needs more talent, I mean I always understood that talent was just higher level of comprehension, perception and ability to absorb, due to being a college student I think his comprehension and level of perception to be rather high and due to his purple card he doesn't need to worry about absorbing so I really don't understand why he would need to waste his dragon scale runes and glory points for higher "talent".

karoman said:

Why does he even need to have more talent( you mean constitution to absorb the qi right?) the purple card gives him a 100 percent absorbtion rate which is equal to a seemles body, so what does he gain by increasing his normal constitution?

may be his 100% absorbtion rate does not equel 100% containment rate? like the constitution is more like how much one is capable of containing the energy one absorbs?
  • Mr_Lu said:

Nabcake said:

Yea I also don't get why he needs more talent, I mean I always understood that talent was just higher level of comprehension, perception and ability to absorb, due to being a college student I think his comprehension and level of perception to be rather high and due to his purple card he doesn't need to worry about absorbing so I really don't understand why he would need to waste his dragon scale runes and glory points for higher "talent".

karoman said:

Why does he even need to have more talent( you mean constitution to absorb the qi right?) the purple card gives him a 100 percent absorbtion rate which is equal to a seemles body, so what does he gain by increasing his normal constitution?

may be his 100% absorbtion rate does not equel 100% containment rate? like the constitution is more like how much one is capable of containing the energy one absorbs?
    Think about it this way... he wants to be able to compete or match up with the top of the honor roll not the current crop of recruits that he is with. Since his talent is so low he has to absorb way more qi than he should to level up. in addition his meridians are weak so he cannot absorb as high a quantity as he would like at any time. With the purple card he can certainly keep up with these recruits but to reach the level of legends will take to long. 

If his meridians and constitution improve he can absorb more higher quantities of qi at a time and qi will improve him faster. 
  • what roger said is probraly the more accurate description i want to use with my messed up gramma
  • karoman said:

You misinterpreted me;

1. The bloodline talent I spoke of refers to the ability to control  Heaven and Earth Yuan Qi freely.
        a. This was referenced before and after how could you miss this important item?