so now that coiling dragon has ended... what are your thoughts?

The ending was bad but now that the story has ended (well for us english readers) I couldn't help but wanted to post my thoughts. 
Just thinking about how I no longer have to wait for CD chapter releases makes me sad. Thinking about the ending just now... leaves a really really bitter feeling, sigh. 
chapter 44 couldve been made into another 20 or more chapters easily.
lots of characters were forgotten even though some were pretty important in the first arc (talking about the entire material plane adventure)
too little reactions from sovereigns seeing linley become OP!
like for example: he only fused another lesser fire sovereign spark how could he be so strong? and then something like "What! he can fuse mysteries of different laws? he is a 4-way soul mutate?!" and other shocking comments this chapter is missing out on T_T
linley hid the fact that he is a soul mutate and in the end no one besides those that already knew found out! grrr
also stuff like liney acting as a universal creator being respected by all the other sovereigns and stuff like that for a few more chapters wouldve been nice. 
i can continue but that would take forever but although the ending was shitty the story was good (couldve been better of course)
it was an amazing story and definitely did not deserve to end at around 800 chapters. 
I will definitely reread this again in the future and still hate on B21 chapter 44 :P.

btw I think this is the first finished translated xianxia novel with so many chapters? I found a few really short chinese novels that were finished translating (like less than a hundred or 200) but nothing with like 500+ chapters like CD

Comments

• Yeah the ending was way too rushed.  But now I am wondering since Linley created ST universe then which universe did Qin Yu create since it seems quite likely for Qin Yu to become the 3rd one to join Hongmeng and Linmeng(Linley).  Been wondering which of IETs books goes where in the chronological order.
  • Yeah the ending was way too rushed.  But now I am wondering since Linley created ST universe then which universe did Qin Yu create since it seems quite likely for Qin Yu to become the 3rd one to join Hongmeng and Linmeng(Linley).  Been wondering which of IETs books goes where in the chronological order.

Who is Qin Yu?  Does the story continues after this ???  This ending is really shitty and rushed !!
  • Well first thanks a lot to ren for all his hard work. And also all the sponsors. Overall it was an enjoyable story.

That said, like most people I found the ending sooo disappointing. It feels so rushed. No ti doesnt feel rushed. It IS rushed. I still remember when I first started reading this. Wow it was an addiction. Linley's journey was captivating. You wanted to know what would happen to him but there were also other interesting side characters. In the end those other characters have barely any part in the story. The author could have done so much more with them.

Then of course there are other minor details here and there that kind of bug you. Someone mentioned Alice. I dont care that she died but what about that other girl. Sorry i forgot her name. Why couldnt he have asked for her to be revived too.

What about bebe. I always thought he would have a bigger role in the story. And Oliver too. I could list some more but you get the point.

And while I suppose I can turn a blind eye to those details, the ending just annoys me..

What is even the point of the whole menghong part. I had rather he spent some those last words to properly end the story instead of basically introducing someone and something new.

• I created a discussion called everything wrong with CD. Feel free to check it out if you haven't. It basically goes over the things that were plot holes, left unexplained, and all the crap. Well, the majority is my opinion on what should have been done or not done to improve the story. And questions that need answering. The point of it was to list off my opinions then have other people comment on it and then list their own on what they thought should have been done or not but everybody just wants to tackle the things I mentioned.
  • edited November 2015

Yeah the ending was way too rushed.  But now I am wondering since Linley created ST universe then which universe did Qin Yu create since it seems quite likely for Qin Yu to become the 3rd one to join Hongmeng and Linmeng(Linley).  Been wondering which of IETs books goes where in the chronological order.

Who is Qin Yu?  Does the story continues after this ???  This ending is really shitty and rushed !!
    The story with Linley doesn't continue (Although Qin Yu meets Linley at the end of ST)

Qin Yu is the protagonist for ST (Stellar Transformations). Qin Yu ends up like Linley (except Qin Yu creates his universe within his dantian while creating his own divine energy and stuff) and Qin Yu's family and friends all go into his own universe. However, the only universes we can connect with the main protagonists are the CD universe and the ST universe. We can't connect any other universe with any other protagonist (although everyone can speculate). 

It's kind of weird because Qin Yu created his universe within his dantian, not really in the Cosmos like Hong Meng and Lin Meng. I don't know how that's supposed to work but hey, it's his own universe and Qin Yu is on the same level as Hong Meng and Linley.

And for whoever thinks that Hong from SS is connected with Hong Meng, they are not the same person. 
  • ywkf said:

Well first thanks a lot to ren for all his hard work. And also all the sponsors. Overall it was an enjoyable story.

That said, like most people I found the ending sooo disappointing. It feels so rushed. No ti doesnt feel rushed. It IS rushed. I still remember when I first started reading this. Wow it was an addiction. Linley's journey was captivating. You wanted to know what would happen to him but there were also other interesting side characters. In the end those other characters have barely any part in the story. The author could have done so much more with them.

Then of course there are other minor details here and there that kind of bug you. Someone mentioned Alice. I dont care that she died but what about that other girl. Sorry i forgot her name. Why couldnt he have asked for her to be revived too.

What about bebe. I always thought he would have a bigger role in the story. And Oliver too. I could list some more but you get the point.

And while I suppose I can turn a blind eye to those details, the ending just annoys me..

What is even the point of the whole menghong part. I had rather he spent some those last words to properly end the story instead of basically introducing someone and something new.

chapter 43 wasnt so bad i would even say it was good but chapter 44 was a real disaster
    other girl was jeanne i think and yea it was sad that she was just forgotten like that.
    those are the big flaws in this novel but other than that i found the story from beginning to end to be really good. 
    Those details everyone wanted to see but wasnt shown, the author was obviously rushing but if he wasnt and properly spent  time and brain power on this couldve been easily 2k+ chapters and they wouldnt just be chapters that drag on the novel for no reason.
    the forgotten characters of linley's material plane couldve had roles even in linley's journal as a diety, expanded more into linley's time as a sovereign, expanded the time he becomes a universal creator and what his life is like as the strongest being in the CD universe.
    sigh how unfortunate
  • edited November 2015
    Coiling Dragon, Stellar Transformations, and Swallowed Star are all his lesser works in terms of fluff, endings, and forgotten plots.  His other works (Inch of Radiance, Lord Xue Ying, The Desolate Era, and The Nine Cauldrons) are all better in varying degrees.  The downside is the characters do not feel as original when compared to CD or the other 2. 

If any of you read the raws of his other works you know he does a much better job with characters (both development and not forgetting them) and plot holes in Inch of Radiance and Desolate Era.
  • ywkf said:

I dont care that she died but what about that other girl. 

the reason the other girl(jenne, not sure if that is how u spell it) is not revived is already stated, like the rest of those that died of a natural cause, because they more or less lead a happy life when they where still alive and therefore it will just not feel morally right to revive them from the dead like that, that is also why he never revived uncle hillman and that old servent. if my memories serves me right.

and sorry for the gramma
  • Yes the ending does seem rushed but it may be that the IET simply got tired of this story or another scenario is that it was just a simple set up for later storys (such at ST). A reason some characters went from major or minor could be there was WAY MANY characters as the families got bigger and the list of acquaintances grew.Also in many stories as the people become closer to the peak of power more MORTAL things didn't really matter. For example the Chief Sovereign of Light had tons of kids and the generations just grew.

• Sitrix said:
    Yeah the ending was way too rushed.  But now I am wondering since Linley created ST universe then which universe did Qin Yu create since it seems quite likely for Qin Yu to become the 3rd one to join Hongmeng and Linmeng(Linley).  Been wondering which of IETs books goes where in the chronological order.
    The story with Linley doesn't continue (Although Qin Yu meets Linley at the end of ST)

Qin Yu is the protagonist for ST (Stellar Transformations). Qin Yu ends up like Linley (except Qin Yu creates his universe within his dantian while creating his own divine energy and stuff) and Qin Yu's family and friends all go into his own universe. However, the only universes we can connect with the main protagonists are the CD universe and the ST universe. We can't connect any other universe with any other protagonist (although everyone can speculate). 

It's kind of weird because Qin Yu created his universe within his dantian, not really in the Cosmos like Hong Meng and Lin Meng. I don't know how that's supposed to work but hey, it's his own universe and Qin Yu is on the same level as Hong Meng and Linley.

And for whoever thinks that Hong from SS is connected with Hong Meng, they are not the same person. 
    Late Reply hehehe...
    Do you know that Qin Yu dantian is an Stellar? Galaxi? so Making a universe in his dantian is a good choice :D