Everything wrong with CD

Since this novel is almost over(so sad) I thought we could do something like this. Just listing everything wrong, messed up, missing, plot hole, wtf was the author thinking moments, things that don't make sense, things that need clarification, things that don't add up, things you wish were extended, clear, explained, etc. basically any complaints or wishes you have about the novel.

1. How did wushan town(whatever Linley home was called) survived the apocalypse, or at least his mansion and everything
2. Why kill off Jenne and Alice. They at least deserve some final happiness
3. Quit killing off people or have them treated as side characters for a chapter, gets annoying
4. Linley-bad father
5. Please properly develop Delia, she deserves more as his wife for God sake
6. Would like to hear some stories about his children actually. Did he help develop them
7. Explain more of Linley childhood, particularly with his friends cos honestly how good can a friend be or know him if he kept training every spare moment how did they become best friends
8. Whatever happened to Desri, war God, tarosse, and everyone else from yulan plane would like to know
9. Please actually make Bebe improve besides his innate powers
10. Way to make Cesar seem like a rival like three times only to have him be forever pathetic compare to Linley and even blotted out of the story
11. Who are the other gebados Kings seemed like interesting plots
12. Linley and his freaking plot armor (a lot of times Linley appears to me like an idiot who doesn't deserve what he has but because of power of MC and dense, thick plot armor . . .)
13. Why mention a 3 way soul mutant if you never were going to introduce one. Had my hopes set very high
14. Some strong people that Linley met should've made some reappearance like a for a fight or something (mosri, fire-destruction soul mutate guy, lightning 7* guy, Hemmers, heck even the 8 clan heads)
15. Um, are getting a destruction Linley or not
16. Why the hell is bluefire and Beirut such good friends, they need a side story to explain
17. I wanted a spar between Linley and chief destruction sov
18. What is wrong with fusing a mid or high sov spark? Linley is fusing power not will. No sense
19. How did paragons all of sudden have to be careful in the planar wars when Linley and Magnus said it was like walking through a garden
20. I wanna know all or at least most of the paragons, had potential for a good subplot
21. Beirut didn't become famous until the war thingie 10000 years ago, so why are some saying he became famous a million years ago
22. More on Linley mom and dad too
23. Proper explanation of divine ability, innate gifts, and more divine beast
24. The afterlife is so messed up. Die, become zombie, fight meaninglessly, become deity, and enter with the rest until soul is destroyed. No proper R.I.P.
25. Should have more stories on the other plane
26. How did 1st overgod weapon come into existence, orloff just decided to ask for one
27. There should be some method to train for those who fuse with sparks, like remove it or something.
28. Need more formation spellbinder thingies
29. The necropolis of the gods could have been a good arc
30. Wth is the chief death sov
31. Could orloff beat an overgod?
32. Paragons gain a full portion of will which is 10x power but then isn't that equivalent to a sov. Will is suppose to be vastly diff but paragon sov are nearly equal to the next level so . . .
33. Why author got to rush the ending, leave so many unanswered questions, and contradict himself at times.

This is not all for me, just some at the top of my head and didn't want to write too much. Note the sarcasm is some and while some are questions, I don't intend for anyone to actually answer them. Feel free to if you wish but the point is to list your own complaints and wishes that you wanted for the story.

Comments

• edited November 2015
    1) why would man eating beasts attack a mansion with no people?
    2) they died of old age, that's a thing you know? They weren't exactly the most talented people out there.
    19)  this was explained already in the story. A paragon is strong but not strong enough to fend off 10k attacks by themselves especially since their bodies by themselves are exactly very strong to being with (maybe stronger than an average highgod but not enough to tank with).
    21) he got famous as a highgod 10k years ago, but he became famous as a sovereign the moment he stole the 4 sovereign sparks from Augusta, which came a little before that, i don't think it was quite millions of years though.
    24) at least there is an afterlife, people with dissipated souls simply disappear.
    27) you can train with a spark, it's simply much slower than compared to normal, which is extremely slow to begin with.
    30) the chief sovereign of death,
    31) overgod are programs, not people. in a way you can and in a way you can't.
    32) a low sovereign without any fused laws is like 1000 paragons. a med sovereign is 10,000 paragons while a high is 100,000 paragons. A paragon low sovereign is 10x weaker than a paragon med sovereign. a sovereign spark is like giving 1000 paragon wills, the sovereigns themselves can catch up to the next level by becoming a paragon because the differences between the sparks themselves isn't as high as the difference between not having a spark and actually having one.
    33) this is basically the answer for most of your other questions.
  • 1. no idea
    2. no idea. kinda dumb that he reintroduced them and everything when linley became a peak saint
    5. she was developed, but it was when they were kids. 
    7. the entire first 4 books answer that question
    8. would love to know as well
    9. wanted the same thing
    11. bluefire, some guy that left after bluefire went into the necro, the guy that tortured Yale after Linley left for the infernal realm
    13. they mention no one has ever survived the process of 3. That's why no one thought linley would survive the four way fusion.
    14. wanted that too
    15. Really wanted that too
    16. no clue. Maybe cause Beirut gave him a Fire Sov Spark.
    18. The different ranked sparks have more or less energy. since he fused with a lesser spark, if he wanted his energy to blend properly, he would need to maintain that same level spark balance.
    19. Everyone had multiple drops of sov might.... plus armies of dudes on the final day firing soul attacks fused with sov might.
    21. Famous to Gods for Millions. Famous to Sovs for 10k.
    25. yes. missed potential
    26. Overgod mission
    30. She is the first creature to be born in the netherworld. She is a plant type divine creature. just like the Chief of Life. They live together on the abyssal mountain.
    31. No. The overgods are the universe. the personification of the Edicts. Although they adhere to certain limits, they are basically omnipotent.
    32. 1 portion of Paragon Will = 10x power................1 portion of Sov Will = 15 to 20x power increase. Adding more portions multiples your power. HG + para will= 10HG
    HG + lesser Sov Will= 15HG............. HG + Para + Sov= 150HG. Dumb, but for some reason, that is how it works
    33. Dunno
  • Well the whole point of this was just to list some of my complaints and wishes and to hear some of yours.

In my 10 it's suppose to be Olivier if you haven't figure it out

And to rebut some of your answers. I think that a beast infested area would have the buildings destroyed or at least it should be rotting after no touching for several years. A 3 way mutant was said to exist, in fact there is supposedly one in every higher plane. Really wanted to meet one. Linley and Magnus seemed like walking through a park with no worries right in the middle of the battle. It was mentioned that Beirut rose to fame a million years ago yet given his temper and the war which is the thing that made him famous it doesn't add up. Jenne and Alice would be in the afterlife then they still have hope of happiness which deserves a plot and afterlife still sucks. Different level sov Sparks only give different will the power used is still the same so it should be no problem for fusing. I agreed with the will and paragon stuff until the last book which kept giving hints and calculations that don't add up. Sov will is suppose to be way stronger than paragons yet apparently a paragon low sov is just a level below mid and the lastest ch even said a paragon receives a full portion which appears to be equal to a low sov. IDK. The author screwed me over on this.
    I still want extensions for his adventures and the relationship and powers explained. Btw the childhood was skipped like 6 years and Linley was mentioned to be training every spare moment, how much time or what did he devote to his friends to develop such a good relationship.
  • Since this novel is almost over(so sad) I thought we could do something like this. Just listing everything wrong, messed up, missing, plot hole, wtf was the author thinking moments, things that don't make sense, things that need clarification, things that don't add up, things you wish were extended, clear, explained, etc. basically any complaints or wishes you have about the novel.

1. How did wushan town(whatever Linley home was called) survived the apocalypse, or at least his mansion and everything
    2. Why kill off Jenne and Alice. They at least deserve some final happiness
    3. Quit killing off people or have them treated as side characters for a chapter, gets annoying
    4. Linley-bad father
    5. Please properly develop Delia, she deserves more as his wife for God sake
    6. Would like to hear some stories about his children actually. Did he help develop them
    7. Explain more of Linley childhood, particularly with his friends cos honestly how good can a friend be or know him if he kept training every spare moment how did they become best friends
    8. Whatever happened to Desri, war God, tarosse, and everyone else from yulan plane would like to know
    9. Please actually make Bebe improve besides his innate powers
    10. Way to make Cesar seem like a rival like three times only to have him be forever pathetic compare to Linley and even blotted out of the story
    11. Who are the other gebados Kings seemed like interesting plots
    12. Linley and his freaking plot armor (a lot of times Linley appears to me like an idiot who doesn't deserve what he has but because of power of MC and dense, thick plot armor . . .)
    13. Why mention a 3 way soul mutant if you never were going to introduce one. Had my hopes set very high
    14. Some strong people that Linley met should've made some reappearance like a for a fight or something (mosri, fire-destruction soul mutate guy, lightning 7* guy, Hemmers, heck even the 8 clan heads)
    15. Um, are getting a destruction Linley or not
    16. Why the hell is bluefire and Beirut such good friends, they need a side story to explain
    17. I wanted a spar between Linley and chief destruction sov
    18. What is wrong with fusing a mid or high sov spark? Linley is fusing power not will. No sense
    19. How did paragons all of sudden have to be careful in the planar wars when Linley and Magnus said it was like walking through a garden
    20. I wanna know all or at least most of the paragons, had potential for a good subplot
    21. Beirut didn't become famous until the war thingie 10000 years ago, so why are some saying he became famous a million years ago
    22. More on Linley mom and dad too
    23. Proper explanation of divine ability, innate gifts, and more divine beast
    24. The afterlife is so messed up. Die, become zombie, fight meaninglessly, become deity, and enter with the rest until soul is destroyed. No proper R.I.P.
    25. Should have more stories on the other plane
    26. How did 1st overgod weapon come into existence, orloff just decided to ask for one
    27. There should be some method to train for those who fuse with sparks, like remove it or something.
    28. Need more formation spellbinder thingies
    29. The necropolis of the gods could have been a good arc
    30. Wth is the chief death sov
    31. Could orloff beat an overgod?
    32. Paragons gain a full portion of will which is 10x power but then isn't that equivalent to a sov. Will is suppose to be vastly diff but paragon sov are nearly equal to the next level so . . .
    33. Why author got to rush the ending, leave so many unanswered questions, and contradict himself at times.

This is not all for me, just some at the top of my head and didn't want to write too much. Note the sarcasm is some and while some are questions, I don't intend for anyone to actually answer them. Feel free to if you wish but the point is to list your own complaints and wishes that you wanted for the story.

1. It didn't. Do remember that they had been in the Infernal Realm for thousands of years, during that time it was possible that the land was recovered from the demon beasts and the Baruch Mansion was restored pr recreated.
    2. Because they are insignificant to the story
    3. It's something common in Xinaxia and wuxia novels.
    4. None of his children are making complaints so you are hardly qualified to judge.
    5. The ship has sailed. No more development needed. I do wish she had more screen time though.
    6. Me too.
    7. He and his 3 other bros had enough time together. I mean, they even regularly visit a bar together, don't they?
    8. Long forgoten.
    9. No one aside from Sovereigns can harm him, I think he's overpowered enough.
    10. Yeah that was bad.
    11. Oh wait, I skipped that part...
    12. Well, he's the MC. Plot armor is one of their basic equipments
    13. ....
    14. Hardly relevant to the story though.
    15. Nope. Why, is he not powerful enough for ya?
    16. Ditto

...yeah, too lazy to finish the list *yawns*
  • title: everying wrong with CD= everything i hate about CD but not actually wrong.

many of the points you made were completely opinionated, and some just don't make any sense at all.

for instance:

1. why would a bunch of low level beasts destroy buildings for no reason? they might have killed anyone living in the town but there's no reason for them to just destroy things.

2. killing off jenne and the others was a way of showing people just how hard it is to become a saint. with all the people around linley becomeing saints, i guess the author felt some needed to die so you didn't think being a saint was an easy thing to do. (course i did hate that jenne died single without kids of her own)

9. although i hate it too, but thats bebe's character. it'd be odd for bebe to just up and decide to train out of nowhere.

13. well, if you didn't mention a 3 way soul mutate, how would you know it exists, or how rare it is?

19. im sorry but by this point in the list, i'm wondering if you're even reading the story, it was stated at least 3 times if not 5 or more that a bunch of highgods using sov's might is enough to kill a paragon. so yeah, unless you're an idiot, it's right to fear that planar war.

26. first of all, orloff never asked for a overgod weapon, second of all it was probably the woodred(i seriously think this is how his name's supposed to be spelled) who asked for the first sov weapon, as for why, well he follows the path of destruction, it would stand to reason he would want something to help him better destroy things.

27. there was probably supposed to be a way in the beginning, but when IET changed linley's path (he through away the destruction path after all) he probably made fusing sparks to just be completely wrong. it is still possible to train as a fuser but it just takes a million million times the effort.

• Well the whole point of this was just to list some of my complaints and wishes and to hear some of yours.

In my 10 it's suppose to be Olivier if you haven't figure it out

And to rebut some of your answers. I think that a beast infested area would have the buildings destroyed or at least it should be rotting after no touching for several years. A 3 way mutant was said to exist, in fact there is supposedly one in every higher plane. Really wanted to meet one. Linley and Magnus seemed like walking through a park with no worries right in the middle of the battle. It was mentioned that Beirut rose to fame a million years ago yet given his temper and the war which is the thing that made him famous it doesn't add up. Jenne and Alice would be in the afterlife then they still have hope of happiness which deserves a plot and afterlife still sucks. Different level sov Sparks only give different will the power used is still the same so it should be no problem for fusing. I agreed with the will and paragon stuff until the last book which kept giving hints and calculations that don't add up. Sov will is suppose to be way stronger than paragons yet apparently a paragon low sov is just a level below mid and the lastest ch even said a paragon receives a full portion which appears to be equal to a low sov. IDK. The author screwed me over on this.
    I still want extensions for his adventures and the relationship and powers explained. Btw the childhood was skipped like 6 years and Linley was mentioned to be training every spare moment, how much time or what did he devote to his friends to develop such a good relationship.

Not sure if you read the Gebados book, but there Linley and Bebe go travel the continent before meeting Bluefire, where they go back to Wushan Town where it IS INFESTED with magical beasts, Linley then use his Divine Sense to scare the beasts shitless so they flee, after that when Linley go to the Infernal Realm, humans eventually takes the area back to their territory and renovate the area. Is that answer enough for you? Because that's been obvious for the past 10 books or so.
  • I admit the title could have been a bit misleading but apparently people don't read things without a number attach to them. Should I have edited that?

How many years did Linley take to become a deity following the apocalypse. About 30-40 years I believe. No building can last that long without maintainence especially when it was already old and starting to rot. Do really think no monster decided to take a peak inside. They don't have to kill people to look inside; I'm not sure why everyone firmly believes that. Some have intelligence so they could just be searching for items or use it as a nest or something which would wreck some of it or at least "redecorate" it. There's no way for it to be in perfect or even a decent condition as shown when Linley returns. I support the recreation but there's no reason to holify it then if it isn't legit.

Why were Linley and Magnus walking so freely in the first one then. They acted as if nothing in the world could harm them despite being right in the middle of a war. Magnus even annihilated a group of like a few dozen if I remember correctly. People were so awe-inspired by their fight yet not one person ever thought of ganging up them when they have humongous numbers. I'm pretty sure 10000 people all attacking even without sov might is dangerous to a paragon. How is that any diff from 50 using sov might. In fact I would argue it is even more dangerous.

I wanted to meet a 3 way soul mutant that was the whole point. In my opinion, which is what this discussion is all about(opinions not necessarily mines), it was foreshadowed to happen as much as a destruction Linley. Why? some may ask. If Linley met one before he mutated, it would raise his knowledge of mutants and raise the expections of the audience for the power Linley would have gotten for his 4 way. I felt like they kind of threw it out without building it up.

I never said that orloff asked for an overgod weapon first, it was suppose to be a question. And where did it state that wodred is the first. It makes a lot more sense for orloff to be the first since him being stronger and high curiosity that would lead to completing the mission and try asking for one.

Finally, a lot of what I listed is just stuff I wanted to see happen or complaints. I supposed it's not actually wrong of CD. Or maybe it could be. Some things I mentioned could have helped further develop the story and make it more interesting like the 3 soul mutate and more divine beast and Jenne and Alice. Some stuff are just wrong or doesn't make sense like the afterlife, the will addition, the relationships that never are fully devloped or makes sense (now that I think about it, Delia is just some girl who loves Linley with all her heart basically from the moment she met him as a what? 10 year old. Love does not work like this)
  • This is all just my opinion of what is wrong of CD and what they should've done to fix it, basically. If it is something that can be proven otherwise like I said something should be explain but it is explained you can point it out for me. But the majority is stuff I wanted to happen or really is a plot hole of sorts. I thought the addition or fixing of such would improve the novel. They can't be nonsensical just because it didn't happen.

I also wanted to hear what other people thought was wrong or wished something happen but if everyone thinks that the novel is perfect, flawless, absolutely perfect, excellent in every aspect, 10/10, and that I'm some idiot who didn't read the novel yet is making up all these suggestions that serve no real purpose to the story, then you can refute everything I said. Unless I really asked a question or made a suggestion that is answered or truly is nonsensical. I believe everything I said can support the story.
  • Just thought of some new stuff to add so continuing on:

34. Make Linley a paragon, at least in earth
    35. Being soul mutant, he can potentially fuse 27 mysteries right? Would doing so make him stronger than a sov even without being one himself? Should've been more clear
    36. Why is there no soul mutant(regular 2) who fused so much as 3 mysteries. They should show one. Even Linley only fused one from each. How strong would that be? Make it Olivier
    37. It was suppose to be impossible to fuse 4 mysteries(regular no soul mutant) within 10000 years yet Linley did.
    38. Linley is too OP. About 3000 years and he is commander level(no soul mutant) while everyone else is took millions, billions, even trillions and beyond.
    39. How did Bebe get his fused mysteries. That would have been fine as side story.
    40. How can there not be many people, or at least some people, who starts fusion as a god. Isn't that better in the long run. Yet everyone is so confused about Linley power and in denial. Countless years and everyone(most) are clueless
    41. Why can't big clans like Augusta or 4DBC raise up new gen by having them fuse early on. Brainless
    42. Normally in xianxias, big clans have great power like a single strong leader. How can Augusta or 4DBC not have a paragon. Sure they have sov, but all the more reasons to bring up new gen who fuse early on in hopes of a paragon. They've been existing for who knows how long
    43. Baruch had so much potential. He deserves more screen time and why didn't clan raise him up as I suggested. They should start now before he becomes a highgod
    44. Linley never met a tiger striped warrior before the higher planes. Thought for sure he would
    45. Is it still possible for Wharton and barker (Linley brother and friend) to go through the ritual and gain another clone and unleash their potential despite fusing a spark. If so, they still have hope of fusing.
    46. 8 clans need another appearance after Linley soul mutated. Would have been interesting seeing them go "so we were right about him"
    47. There should be soul mutant amongst the sov, preferably a 3 way. To show the potential Linley had before.
    48. A sov should know of a 3 way soul mutant right?
    49. Why can soul mutants only happen to those who train in more than one way. If it is just a soul mutating it should work whether you have one or fused with a spark
    50. Edicts don't have set mysteries so how do they know what to train, how to improve
    51. If edicts don't have set mysterious, and resigem trains in destruction, how come they said he fused five mysterious (they straight up said it not he was as strong as or something like that)
    52. Metallic or plant life forms make some sense but how did the first divine beasts come into existence. Is it because of some statement like because Hong Meng said so or what
    53. Wait, the orloff garden is a place and a overgod artifact
    54. What were the reactions of the snakes with the chief death sov upon hearing of Linley survival and upgrading into a paragon. Author needs to make these reaction scenes.
    55. If you fuse with spark you can't fuse mysteries basically so what about the fusions that are already on the Sparks.
    56. How did Linley become a wind deity if he didn't technically master a mystery.
    57. If you can fuse 2 mysteries to become a wind God, then someone who kills you and fuse with that spark should be a wind God with 2 fused mysteries, right?
    58. If a person who existed since the beginning of time or near that fused with a spark and spent all the time training, would he make advancements. Should've added that in to make it more interesting.
    59. There really wasn't much point to having Haeru, that Panther Linley had
    60. So no one else ever knew about Linley being 4 way soul mutant. No one ever guess why he was so strong and it doesn't add up. Would like to see reactions
    61. How did people not guess that Linley was never a paragon. Linley once fought some Tartarus lord dude who was able to guess how many fused mysteries Linley was capable of. No one else could do the same?
    62. How is there not someone who is paragon in more than one element. Isn't there some dual talented guy who existed for a very long time and fused early on. And if you do see one apparently a soul mutant is a more likely outcome so that's what's assume
    63. Despite the passage of countless years with beyond numerous planes, there is no evidence of advance technology. No regular human decided to fly a kite, get electrocuted, and say hey "I discovered a power source to fuel machinery called electricity" *i don't really think this should be added but just wanted to point that out.*
    64. No one ever fought with clones spread out to gang. Interesting fight scene, no?
    65. Luck has to do with training too, so a stronger person doesn't necessarily mean better talent right? (same age)
    66. So few women deities, quite sexist and their concept of marriages and lovers is um a bit weird.

Just some more complaints I have and wishes that I wanted to see come true. Some are actually questions that I would like answers to but again, just my opinion on what was wrong and what should have been done
  • edited November 2015
    You said it's weird how a building can survive without maintenance for 40 years when it was starting to rot, when you didn't think he had been "starting" to rot in the outer area of the mantion for over a century, even so the outer area of the mantion was in more than good enough shape. How is it so odd that the mantion survived for another 40 years when it had already survived for over a century in a poor state?  ^.-

34) When Linley becomes a UC, he will basically understands everything about the universe, the Laws included. I suppose people just underestimate how OP it is to be a UC.
    35) No, even if he got another Divine Clone that clone would be unable to fuse other divine power, it's only the 4 clones that mutateted with eachother during the process that can fuse divine power. If by going by your logic, even Olivier could have become a 4 way soul mutate, if that is the case, why has no one in the universe become one before? It's not as if you can just mutate, get more clones and bam, you can fuse all the divine powers.
    37) It's been explained multiple times during the books that cultivation needs 3 things: Insight, Perception and Luck. Some things can be percieved through meditation, some things needs to be gained from insights through i.e sparring, and some things needs all the above plus luck. The only reason Linley managed to fuse the 4 laws is because he witnessed an ability that did just that, if he hadn't had that ability thrown towards him, it's highly unlikely that he would ever manage to fuse the laws. But itäs not impossible, just highly unlikely.
    38) It's called being an unrivaled genius.
    39) Bebe hasn't fused Mysteries, he is has mastery of each individual mystery and relies on his Innate Divine Ability to wreck people.
    40) Those that understands this logic realise it only when it's too late, and if it's not someone really close to you, why would you reveal something so important to others and make them stronger for nothing? 
    42)
    Actually, according to the way the natural laws of the universe worked, for those who were too innately gifted, it would be extremely difficult for them to train. Forget about Beirut and Hemmers; not even the ancestors of the Four Divine Beasts clan had become Paragons.

That should answer that question, the most logical answer is that everyone in the Divine Beast Clan is born with thoo strong innate gifts, making it even harder to become Paragons than other clans.
    43) Just because he has an incredibly dense blood line does not make him a talented person, he has been a God for almost 10,000 years without becoming a HighGod, I don't see how he has very much potential, therefor the clan should not see much reason to nurture him.
    44) Could just be the clan had already been wiped out, who knows.
    45) The logical answer would be no, since they only have one body with a Divine Spark in them, it should be impossible to learn any other Law and gain another clone. However, it's not been throrougly explained how the Baptism works, so there might be a possibility, but I would say there shouldn't be.
    46) The 8 clans wouldn't say "they were right about him" because they already believed that without a doubt, instead they would be terrified.
    47) Since it's so rare, I don't think it should be, since the 3 way Soul Mutates can be counted on one hand, what are the odds that a Sovereign is among them?
    48) I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Chief Sovereign of the Edicts knew one, but from what I understood of Bluefires words, most of them are hiding in Material Planes.
    49) Because soul mutates basically have their souls build a "bridge" between eachother, allowing their abilities to fuse in a way other people cannot, if there is nothing to fuse, how can they become soul mutates?
    50) It doesn't have 6 different paths, it has one larger path, it's just the same as meditating over 1 Profound Mystery that is just as large as the mysteries of 1 Law combined.
    51) Could either be a translation issue or IET slipping up a bit, I would assume it's more like saying he is as poweful as someone who has fused 5 profound mysteries, whether it was a translation issue or IET slipping up is beyond me.
    53) Yes, it is.
    54) I would naturally assume they would be bothed shocked and scared that he would pursue them, as most reactions are. To be honest I'm tired of the reaction scenes because everytime in the books the reactions are all the same: They have regret, what's so interesting reading about that repeatedly only regarding different people?
    55) The fused mysteries aren't imprinted into the sparks, the sparks only has the information about the profound mysteries, everything else is the knowledge of the user. Think of it as building a book shelf with the use of a manual, the manual has the instructions of the pieces, but the user puts the book shelf together and use the bookshelf thereafter. Also, it's not impossible to fuse mysteries if you've fused with a Divine Spark, it's just hilariously and ridiculously hard that most people don't even bother to do it.
    56) Because the Profound Mystery he was practicing in was a fused mystery of the Fast and Slow mysteries. itäs basically researching 2 Profound Mysteries simultaniously, so when he gained enough knowledge in one of the 2, he would become a Demigod, once he completely mastered the Fused Mystery he would become a full god.
    57) No, he would not, look to the analogy I used before.
    58) Yes, he would, only exactly how much he would advance is to be questioned.
    59) I think there was, it applied pressure to the Radiant Church, he protected the weaker people in Linley's Group when Linley was fighting, putting his mind at ease so that he would not make a mistake, handled the affair of other Magical Beasts in the continent, essentially hooking Linley up with more connections. I think he was an awesome Magical Beast. :3
    60) Nope, they never realised because they thought it was because he had an Overgod Artifact, was a Paragon and had 3 Sparks, if you think about it, it makes sense they believe it's reasonable. There's never been a 4 way Soul Mutant before, they naturally wouldn't expect that he for some reason would be.
    61) Because other people cannot sense Linley's fused power, just like no Sovereign can sense when he scans them with fused divine sense.
    62) Becoming a Paragon is just too hard, and to be honest, from what it was explained during the Okerlund Plane, once a HighGod becomes a Paragon, training seems less and less interesting to them since they've already reached the peak.
    63) There are countless Material Planes, could be that one of the planes has the technology you seek. :3
    64) Adkins did it when he tried to kill Beirut(Makes me laugh every time I think about it after I found out he was a Sovereign), Linley also did it to prevent Augusta from fleeing.
    65) Yes, as I said earlier. :D
    66) I don't know how to reply to that. o,o

• Some of them are just opinions that I thought would be nice. I know not everyone wants to see reactions but I would l.

You misunderstood my 36. I was talking about how a soul mutant could fuse 3 mysteries across 2 laws. For example Olivier could fuse essence of light, darkness, and the profound mystery of evil or something like that. Linley should be able to add profound mystery of strength for example to his current fusions. I'm wondering why no one is listed of ever being able to have accomplish it. Fuse 4 profound mysteries between 2 laws and that should be the equal to paragons if not slightly stronger.

Dense bloodline for divine beasts and their descendants is directly related to training speed. Until you reach the late phase, then it becomes nearly impossible to advance towards paragon no matter what. Baruch took less than 10000 years and he is almost at highgod. In the entire multiverse, that is a nearly unrivaled genius. (Greatest genius can reach highgod in 1000 years. When you have endless life 1000 and 10000 is basically the same)

Linley himself, said it was impossible to fuse 4 in that time. No one in history, as it appears, can do so in under a million years. If Linley can then, his luck is brought by trillions upon trillions of good behavior in his past lives. But then again, in the latest ch he fused the 4 mysteries across 4 laws which is way harder than being a paragon.
    I know this is difficult to believe but Bebe actually has fuse 2 mysteries. I think it was in book 20 or 21. Don't remember exactly. I'll look it up.

Augusta clan should be fine then, or any other clan that isn't a divine beast. Why not instruct the young gen to start fusing early, no need for 4 or 5 fused but around 3 and maybe some insights into a 4 would put them in a strong position to be a paragon in around the same time that the old gen has trained for or even less. Who cares if around 20 people are subpar for a timeframe. They'll end up the strongest, the fastest.

It isn't impossible for divine beast to reach paragon, the chief destruction sov is one but he is the oldest dude around. Still, taking my suggestion above would enhance their chance of getting one. That's what they should have done to Baruch. The clan does notice his talent, that's why they gave him the book to know some clan secrets. It's just that they were in a crisis and couldn't pay attention.

Although small, it isn't impossible for a soul mutant to be a sov. As far as I'm concern it is higher than Linley being a 4 way. Why not add it in to make a more interesting story is what I'm saying.

Where exactly is it mentioned about soul mutants being properly explained as a bridge between clones cos I would like to know.

The edicts still don't make sense. I suspect even IET doesn't know and that's why he ditched destruction Linley. He didn't know how to make Linley train in it.

You need to master a profound mystery to be a demigod. Linley does not qualify even if he is stronger. Or did the rules change without my noticing. And it still doesn't make sense. If you take a wind God spark who fused 2 mysteries. Would you be a God who can only use 2 mysteries without fusing them. The spark is a god so you should be using God power but only 2 mysteries without fusion is demigod level. What are the rules to this?

Actually, the sov assumed that with 3 sparks, overgod weapon, and paragon it would make sense that Linley is at Chief sov level only. They all thought fighting chief wind to a draw is reasonable but the chief lightning still thought Linley is weaker, with full knowledge of all those boosts. That's why he and the other sov who ganged up still thought they had a chance of seizing the weapon. Well, the Lightning guy lost his earth clone and Augusta was heavily injured. This is what made them surprised and the boosts that Linley has even with a dragonform should not add up to such strength. Augusta and orloff who knows Linley real power firsthand should be even more suspicious. Guessing that he was a soul mutant could not have been hard. Soul mutants can fuse power and mystery making them insanely strong. Linley has 3 sov clones. Soul mutant is actually the first choice that makes the most sense. Augusta should have felt the differeng profound mysteries that do not all belong to one law. They don't know about a 4 way but 3 ways do exist which fits with Linley so it should have been guessed. But everyone in this story is basically an idiot and sov who lived since the beginning of time don't differentiate themselves.

When one attacks, their moves show off their profound mysteries basically, so it isn't too hard to guess that Linley's attacks do not have max fusion.

There's got to be someone who could reach paragon in 2 elements. Like why isn't orloff. Dude seems like the perfect guy for that part. But there has to be someone.

Did Adkins really? I'll reread it but even if it's true I wanted some cool action packed fight scene.
  • edited November 2015
    64. How many people have multiple clones who are at the exact same power level? In a fight you use your strongest one and if you use a weaker clone when your strongest doesn't do the trick, you simply are wasting it. Plus, people have been keeping their clones in different places to make sure that they are completely wiped out if they are unexpectedly attacked. IE: no one is going to bring a demigod clone into a highgod fight.

66. Don't take a few sample cases in the book and determine all of the deities marry like that. Even if the female to male gender ratio was like 4:6, that means there still are trillions or even quadrillions of females. Not that few when you think about it. Linley isn't exactly going on a female hunt here. And believe it or not, deities can get divorced, there is no law against so. But because divorces exist and the higher realms are a giant conglomeration of ideas and ideals, there isn't only going to be one idea of love (even in our world). Some may be pure, some may be obsessive, some may want you to shoot someone.

And, most of all, I think we all agree this author isn't the best on writing romance.

On a side note, when people are talking about  that wonderful three way soul mutate, unless Linley is going out of his way to find that person, he isn't going to find that person. There is a total of one successful three-way soul mutate and there are quadrillions of people in the infernal realm alone. Linley isn't going to exactly be able to pinpoint that person, plus that person may have gone in seclusion millions of years ago. It's almost 30x-50x easier to meet a paragon walking down the street than it is to meet that soul mutate.
  • How are you so sure that Augusta DIDN'T tell his children to fuse the laws at God level? We only know them as HighGods and it's never been stated what even the Patriarch of the Augusta clan has fused. It could be just like you said that they began fusing at God level, since it wasn't said if they did or did not, why bother thinking abou tit?

The "bridge" part was not mentioned, it was me simplifying the means of soul mutation, let me rephrase, what is the point of a soul mutate if there is just one clone? 

And, Augusta IS trying to reach paragon in the laws of light, but I wouldn't say Orloff is a fair example of two clones trying to master Paragon level, since, essentially they have their own personalities, they're a very broad term of "clone", since they don't share the same mindset.

When the 5 star Fiend fought Pushro's master, he was able to cloak one of the Laws making it only so that really experience people could notice that there were two Laws involved, and he hadn't even reached mastery of the fusion of the 2 laws yet, now that Linley has reached complete and utter mastery in fusing 4 laws, I would dare to say it should be simplicity itself to cloak 3 of them making it seem like he's only using 1.

It's also really hard trying to explain the logic of the Profound Truth of Velocity to you because I already simplified it as much as I could and you still don't understand it, I'll just leave it alone. >_<

And yeah, Adkins did that on Beirut, he used his light clone as a dummy to block the Sovereign Artifact and then use the Darkness Clone to try and stab Beirut's head, which only a little "cling" could be heard. :3
  • The multiverse is enormous with a variety of people. I refuse to believe there is no one with 2 clones that are the same power level more or less. Besides, I just want to see how a fight like that would play out. It seems like a waste of potential to make a clone system with no one ever actually using clones to fight. Besides Adkins of course, which was gone in like 2 sec.

The ratio of men to women is very very very unequal. You might not see a women in a group of a thousand men. That's why Linley was warned to be careful about his wife since many want one when he first came into the higher planes. In the gebados, it was mentioned that having women was considered a luxury. Whether this meant that strong men took women or that women just want to be with a strong man it still proves the ratio. I know their concept is a little weird but I can deal with it. Just, it kind of bugs a bit. But the author does suck at romance though.

Whether it is fusing mysteries or laws of the wind itself, it does not or should not break rules of the universe. Can't become a demigod until you master a mystery. Linley didn't accomplish that. Fusing with a wind spark to become a god when that spark was the result in fusing mysteries should suggest that the person can also use it or else he would be using God power while only having 2 mysteries. You need 3 no fused to be god. That can't be unless they fuse. Profound truths of velocity was some mistake or at least the explanations provided don't fit. Now if you said he mastered fast before completely fusing them, then ok but Linley didn't. He didn't master either until he completely fused them both.

If Augusta or anyone else had their young gen start fusing early, there should definitely be more paragons. Virtually 95%+ of everybody took the route of fusing after becoming a highgod. The Augusta clan has no paragons, we can assume they're part of the 95. Either that or they have awful talent to be alive for so long, not be a divine beast, and have the aid of a sov and clan. But orloff said they were some talented kids so I stick with first option.

Remember guys, tarosse is only around a few ten thousands years old and he is at the level of a 6* fiend with 2 fused mysteries. Apparently that is enough for Mosri to take interest and personally take control. Tarosse fused while a god(which means he could possibly have a start on others too) and since divine beast reach demigod upon maturity. He didn't take too long to fuse. Perhaps, turtle slow compare to Linley, but lightning fast compare to overall in the multiverse. Now if we take away the restrictions of divine beasts, tarosse could very well be a paragon in like 100 million years or less. Seems long, but how old are the likes of the Augusta or 4DB patriarchs. I daresay that is still just a child or a preteen to them. If there were more people who had brains to do that, there would be plenty of paragons. But everybody is pretty much an idiot.

A 3 way soul mutant had me hyped up. Why mention if you never going to introduce one. Who cares how rare they are and why should that be the reason you never introduce one. Again, it could serve the purpose of raising our limited and unclear knowledge about soul mutants and raise expections for what was to come for Linley. All of his power ups dealing with a soul mutant was a bit unclear and random at times. The buildup would be nice and I argue it was necessary.

Oh, what is the point of soul mutants without clones. Well, the major thing and why they are called soul mutants is that they have extremely special souls. Even without fused powers and laws, that special property would increase any one's strength. It is also mentioned that soul mutants have a chance of fusing mysteries even if they fuse with a spark, meaning they are on par would the normal "high-level" talent of people like 7* fiends and even commanders. This gives hope for the likes of Delia to finally improve herself and not be so useless basically every single time except extermination of radiant church. Also, if you don't fuse with a spark, you have an incredible amount of talent that far surpasses almost everyone. If a person was a soul mutant but only had one clone, that person should be able to become a paragon. 100,000 years or less if that person is smart and begins fusion early, about a few million longer if he doesn't. So yeah, the idea of a soul mutant even without fusing powers, is still a great idea for a plot.

By the 7* fiend stage, everyone is an experienced knowledgable veteran (this can be questionable, I think most of people are idiots, but let's not go there). Linley never mastered the fusion of 4 mysteries until the end. And he didn't have much time practicing until he reached sov level. He should not be very good at cloaking his abilities especially when compared to true paragons. Other paragons should have noticed that he doesn't have max fused. Augusta who is the same person as orloff should have noticed the fused powers. I see no reason why they couldn't. Unless they really are idiots.
  • But Linley DID master a mystery, you keep misunderstanding the Profound Truth of Velocity, it's 2 aspectsin one, once he masters far enough into it, it's seen as he has mastered one of the two aspects, turning him into a demigod, it was repeatedly explained even before he left the Necropolis of the Gods. 

Actually, both the ‘Fast’ and the ‘Slow’ aspects, when trained to their utmost, could allow someone to become a Demigod. And then, after the two aspects were totally fused into the ‘Profound Truths of Velocity’, which was then trained to the limit, one would become a full God.
    From book 11, chapter 36. In order to become a God, one must first master one of the aspects to become a demigod, then fuse the other one to become a God, except Linley had an insight about the Mystery before going too far into either of the aspects, allowing him to fuse and gain insights simultaniously, resulting the in effect I said above.
  • xian,

the fact is, china and most of the world are still highly sexist when it comes to things like this. and china being china (sounds racist but damn chinese authors write some of the most racist shit i've ever seen. damn if they wrote shit any more racist, it'd start a world war) is even more extreme than more progressive countries like the US and Britain, and others, so the ratio of men to women in wuxia/xianxia is always going to be extreme. asking IET to write a more sexually equal story would be the equivalent of asking him to forget all the bias and racism that's been built into him since he was born. so all i can say is, give up and accept it, this probably won't change for a long time.

why should mentioning a 3 way soul mutant mean the author has to bring him in? i mean it would have been cool to see him but he wasn't a part of the story other than being an example of how rare a 3 way is.

nobody can know how many laws others have fused. they can guess based on power but not actually know for sure until the person themselves admit it.
    as for not noticing that linley was using fused sovereign power, and fused divine power. i can only crack that up to the fact that linley's fused power is special. it's not a muddy power of different elements but a perfect fusion of elements mingled together so well that nobody notices that the power is actually a fusion. (that or everyone's too terrified by the power he uses that they don't have time to notice it's a fusion)

about mutates and the ability to fuse laws even after fusing with a spark. from what i gain from olivier's case, it seems that as long as one of your highgod clones is natural, you can use it to 'cheat' your way into fusing the laws of the 'fused' spark, by combining and fusing laws from both elements together then fusing them together that way. it's a bit roundabout but it could probably work, even though it'd probably way way longer that way.

as for soul mutates without clones, they are basically normal, unless they are 4 way or greater, (from what's been said it seems only 4 ways and above gain 'will'). without multiple clones to fuse laws and divine power with, a mutate's power is the same as a non mutate's.

• Flyingboots

I am saying it is a plot hole that makes no sense with the vast majority of what we've seen and know. What did Linley master first then? Fast? Slow? When he became a demigod and even after that, it gave no idication as to which it is. Judging by what was written, it seemed as though Linley who was in the process of fusing the 2 became a demigod without actually mastering one. He trains with how to fuse both of them together without actually stopping to focus on one. I would like a passage that explicitly states which one Linley mastered to become a demigod.

Again, if wind God became one through fusing 2 mysteries, how would you suggest it would work if the spark was fused by another. Would that person be a god who can only use 2 mysteries separately. But a wind God needs 3.

I think the author was making this up as he wrote and he finally decided upon something in the end only to not realize that he may have screwed up something in the past. Or he did but he covered it up well with making such interesting new concepts and story plots.
  • Flyingboots

I am saying it is a plot hole that makes no sense with the vast majority of what we've seen and know. What did Linley master first then? Fast? Slow? When he became a demigod and even after that, it gave no idication as to which it is. Judging by what was written, it seemed as though Linley who was in the process of fusing the 2 became a demigod without actually mastering one. He trains with how to fuse both of them together without actually stopping to focus on one. I would like a passage that explicitly states which one Linley mastered to become a demigod.

Again, if wind God became one through fusing 2 mysteries, how would you suggest it would work if the spark was fused by another. Would that person be a god who can only use 2 mysteries separately. But a wind God needs 3.

I think the author was making this up as he wrote and he finally decided upon something in the end only to not realize that he may have screwed up something in the past. Or he did but he covered it up well with making such interesting new concepts and story plots.

xian, i'll try my best to explain how becoming a demigod and full god works. it doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you dig into it but it's how it works.

to become a demigod, one must either master a single mystery, OR reach a certain level in a fusion of 2 or more mysteries. linley of course did the second route for wind, he didn't master fast or slow or velocity but instead reached a decent/high level in the fusion velocity and became a wind demigod. as for what would happen if linley died at that point, i haven't got a clue, since supposes fusions are kept but since the spark was made with fusion, it makes no sense but just ignore it, for your own sake.

to become a fullgod (or just god as it's actually called) one needs to either master 3 mysteries (5 for wind) or fuse 2. linley went the second route for earth. he fused pulsing earth and essence to become a fullgod. he also became a fullgod in wind after mastering the fusion velocity, then mastering the fusion sound (a fusion of sound waves and music)

again, it's best if you try not to think of what would happen if such created sparks were to become 'available'. i myself have thought on this subject but draw a blank every time. it's like a paradox.

thankfully to become a highgod you have to master all mysteries, so this hole doesn't appear at this level.
  • Thanks, Vexram but I would like to fix this hole. Did IET really created it or was perhaps explained but we just didn't catch it.

Although your theory on how to be a demigod makes sense, I would like an explicit statement. Where did it say that because I don't remember having read it.
    If it is true, how can there not be more paragons. This universe is full of idiots. If I was a clan leader, I would have my some of my young gen start fusion from Saint hood. If you start that early, how can you not be a paragon after a couple million of years, even less if your talented and lucky.

Your theory on god hood, however, have some flaws. I'm absolutely sure that only 2 MASTERED profound mystery are required to be a god for any elmemet except wind which you need 3. If you fuse 2 for wind that's also acceptable. Fusing 2 for any other elements makes no difference since you still master 2. This was explicitly stated, and there were several examples to prove it. Bebe became a god after mastering essence of darkness(he got mystery of shadows gape doppelgänger upon maturity) and that was it. Olivier was mentioned to learn a second mystery in laws of light to become a god quickly.

I want to know what would happen though if such Sparks that were made through fusions were used. How would that work. Why couldn't the author make up his mind or just tell us.
  • All this thinking about Sparks and requirements to get to next level has got me wondering.

Say we got a earth god clone who has mastered 3 mysteries: essence, strength, and world walking. He lost his earth clone but still has an original Saint body. He then fused with an earth divine god spark. The spark belong to an earth god who mastered the other 3: gravitational space, throbbing pulse, and vitality. A spark has what the person learned so then those 3 are imprinted on the spark right? The person fused with the spark and therefore mastered those 3. But he already has the other 3. If you fuse with a spark you still have prior knowledge on old mysteries and fusions right. So then would that person jump straight up into highgod.
  • Here a question.

If a soul mutate dies (original body) when they become undead are they still able to use the power from their other alive clones
  • why make linley an earth paragon ?? 

in book 21 chapter 41 he understand how to perfectly fuse 4 elements .... which is many times harder than being a paragon .. meaning he is above paragon in understanding laws because fusing different profound mysteries of different elements is harder than being a paragon!!
  • 1)I hate how the author completely destroys and fodderized opponents with a lot of build up for no reason and then suddenly killing them off no problem.
    Like how Linley and the others have to hide and train in the Hyperbolic time chamber...I mean "Pocket dimension" because of Lord adkins only for Lord adkins to be resolved by Beirut.
    What the hell was that about.
    Then the 8 Clans vs the Four divine clan was AGAIN resolved by Beirut just like that.

2) Linley farted children and they're barely there. Literally all I can remember from them is "Father!"  (Same thing for bebe)

3)So we learn a lot of profounds for Earth and Wind but almost nothing for Water and Fire. 

4)  Delia has a lot of potential to be a great character and I had to lower my standard just for her to get a pass. Its a shame.

5) I am so not satisfied with Linley's father and mother coming back. Bah. 

6)So you retrieved Hogg and the others from the Nether realm but how about Wharton's grandchild or whatever?
    Did their soul completely dissipate?

I forgot my other complaints and a lot of it is stated by TC so eh.
  • All this thinking about Sparks and requirements to get to next level has got me wondering.

Say we got a earth god clone who has mastered 3 mysteries: essence, strength, and world walking. He lost his earth clone but still has an original Saint body. He then fused with an earth divine god spark. The spark belong to an earth god who mastered the other 3: gravitational space, throbbing pulse, and vitality. A spark has what the person learned so then those 3 are imprinted on the spark right? The person fused with the spark and therefore mastered those 3. But he already has the other 3. If you fuse with a spark you still have prior knowledge on old mysteries and fusions right. So then would that person jump straight up into highgod.

sorry it doesn't work like that. although the information is there it's unusable. so sadly you can't cheat your way to highgod like that.
  • What how? Then how many profound mysteries would that guy be considered to have?

Your original body can't die without destroying the soul if you have clones. The soul is transformed upon deityhood, so I'm pretty sure no matter how messed up your body is, you can't really die if you still have your soul. Then you kill the soul and it doesn't go into the netherworld.

Glad to see someone else's opinions on what was wrong about the novel.

Still like clarification on the whole how to be deity and what happens with the Sparks thing
  • xian,

since i don't know IET's way of thinking, i can't know how all this works, but what i do know is that, during the 4dbc war part in book 17, a number of 7 star highgods died and had to fuse sparks all the way back up to highgod level, it was instant upgrade but they still needed to fuse the sparks.  they couldn't just fuse a demigod spark then instantly jump to highgod.

so i don't why why exactly but it's something like having the software, but not the hardware. so while you might know the laws in your soul, the spark you have can't use them, and the natural laws don't decend to upgrade the spark.
  • I know it just ended, but I'm still continuing my list of complaints, wishes, and questions

67. What's the point of being able sense all of the element sea if Linley can use this "grandmist"
    68. Hongmeng was first mentioned to be stronger, but then they they're at the same level. What?
    69. Some samsara transcendence. Orloff was joking right cause that move couldn't even break an overgod weapon yet he wants to break free of the cosmos
    70. Linley as a UC can't even bring grandpa doe back. Talk about limitations
    71. When Linley asked the overgod of life to bring back his grandpa, the wording of the overgod suggested that she was capable of doing so but can't because it breaks the rules of the universe, and here Linley can't
    72. Stellar transformation takes place in the world Linley created right. It sounds like he just copied Hong mengs main cosmos with the laws of space and time.
    73. Linley's cosmos does not deserve to be called magic. They ditched that when turning into a deity
    74. Why can't anyone use magic anymore. The most we see is long distance attacks and even then not many. Why make magic a big thing in the beginning only to have it be worthless later on
    75. Even in the end, no one knew he was a soul mutant. Are these people idiots? No one saw how he ridiculously powered up from fusing with the sov spark and how his souls and bodies all merged. That was basically screaming out soul mutant!!!
    76. So Linley became a UC via the 4 soul mutant because Linley mutated while having a fire, water, earth, and wind clones because those were the main 4 that the grandmist transformed into for all the cosmos, right?
    77. So then it wouldn't work if instead of fire, Linley got lightning
    78. I think it would make more sense if you need to be an 11 way soul mutant in all laws and edicts. That symbolizes true control.
    79. Is 4 really the limit for soul mutants. It seems like a waste of potential if you introduce 11 possible clones but can only mutate in 4 of them. I know it is impossible but I'm saying it shouldn't be an impossible thing, just rare and requires a plot armor or something.
    80. I would have found it funny, if Linley after surviving orloff attack, was like "you're very strong but if this is your limit then you are no match for me. Let me tell you my secret: I am a 4 way soul mutant (gasp and shocked faces from everyone) currently I only have 3 sov clones. To find balance, I need the final fire spark. Then, I would increase in power to heights you can only imagine about. It's over with" kills fire sov l, then the rest.
    81. To train in edicts, you need a special soul right? Like weapon shaped for destruction and pure for life or something. Then doesn't this suggest that you can only train in 1 edict?
    82. There is supposedly more adventures afterwards, I would like to see them.
    83. Wait, Linley takes a student. Being a master is pointless right since training can only depend on yourself.
    84. How come someone can't just tell you how the laws works and fuse and then you get it. Strength is all about being strong and massive and forceful right? What's so hard about teaching that to others.
    85. Even if you can't tell them, you can just show them repeatedly, until they understand right? What's wrong with that and how come no one does it?
    86. Can someone provide me an explanation on everything about soul mutants.
    87. Why is it impossible to fuse with a sov spark if you fused to reach highgod
    88. How exactly does this creation process, like for sov Sparks and cosmos works?
    89. There is no way to become stronger once you become a sov except by overgod artifacts, paragon, winning the planar wars, more sov clones, and soul mutate. Can you still mutate if you're a sov
    90. You have 2 clones, one you fused with a spark. Can you still mutate or do they both have to be trained.
    91. Would someone like orloff pose a threat to these "exalted celestials"
    92. How exactly did wodred and orloff copy the 4DB combined divine abilty. You need the special soul, aura unique to the divine beast right
    93. Beirut never had a proper match. What's the point of his divine ability after becoming a sov. He should at least be able to take out the spark even if he can't digest it. All other divine beast have their abilities enhance upon being a sov so why would his specifically be weakened
    94. What was that golden samsara thing that Augusta and orloff used. Is it a kind of special ability unique to race or something
    95. Linley never fused anything after becoming a highgod for anything other than earth. Water is suppose to be his best too, so why waste his talent. Could have made a plot or just added it in. Don't count sov creating planes.
    96. I wanted the complete list of all mysteries in every law
    97. Even hongmeng is bound by some laws. Is there not a single ultimate being who could do absolutely anything.
    98. A black hole can kill sov that easily. Why isn't there any black holes already. The Suns should be exploding and sov battles should produce them. Can sov even destroy a plane easily, without going inside and cause the plane to reject and explode itself. The sov really are weak compared to the other cosmos
    99. That's it. What happens next? No "you're alive", "daddy", or "hey guys, I'm a universe creator now"

It's been fun talking to all you and I'm really sad that the novel is finally over.
  • actually, he can bring grandpa doehring back. it just wouldn't be the original one. it would be a clone, but since it would have all his memories, i would count it as bringing him back.

on the issue of magic. let me put it to you this way. the mysteries are magic, people use the mysteries to use magic attacks. sure they don't use spells anymore, but thats because spells are slow and useless at the deity level. by the time someone casts a spell at deity level, they deity would be long gone, or killed the other one. so yeah, speed is king.

anyway im done with this thread, too many pointless or dumb questions, along with questions that don't even need to be asked if you read the story.

i have to give you props for nitpicking so much. still, most of this that you've pointed out is not 'wrong' per say, just your own personal dislike. and some aren't even about wrong or right.
  • He didn't bring doehring back. That doesn't even count as clone. They have the same memories and look but not the same soul. The soul is gone and can never comeback or be recreated. A clone is still the same as the original since they have the same soul, so that does not count.

Magic can be instacast at deity level. I wouldn't call the profound mysteries as magic. Magic and what warriors do were so different. Magicians cast magic and warriors fight physically and manipulate battle qi or mageforce. It's not the same. Everybody just throws around their fists and weapons now. Magic is doing something without actually moving. Divine abilities are close but you have to be a beast for that.

Al lot of these are unexplained and unclear questions and such. It points out mistakes the author makes and makes suggestions as to what he should have done to improve the story.

It made no sense that edicts have no mysteries yet the author said resigem fused 5. How can Linley not bring back his gramps when the overgod of life's words suggested that she could. Why make a clone system if nobody ever fights with them all. Why is 4 the limit for soul mutants if you could have more clones. The vast majority of characters here are idiots who never thought of fusing early or make their children do it even though they were safe for countless years which is enough to produce a paragon if not then more commander level. The deductive reasoning of these guys are also awful if they never found out about Linley not being a paragon or a soul mutant.

Perhaps some may be nitpicking and unnecessary but if added, they would clear up some confusions and make the story better, in my opinion. Looking back at my list, a lot of these are not dumb pointless questions. Do you mean to tell me you don't want to know the complete list of all profound mysteries or ever watch Beirut have a fight or see a 3 way soul mutant that was appeared to be promised but completely forgotten.

It still gets me how countless years, countless planes, countless people, and nobody has ever thought of making their young fuse early. I don't see how there wouldn't be more paragons.

I believe these are things wrong about the story and that added or fixed or even removed would improve our understanding and enjoyment.
  • xian,

'magic' has been used a lot through out the CD story even after going to the infernal realm. it's just that you haven't noticed it.

some examples:

the time when the wargod o'brian's mountain was destroyed, and when the deities basically went and wiped out entire cities. although they didn't use spells they still used a bit of divine power combined with mysteries (which by the way spells are derived from mysteries, thats why i said that when people use mysteries they are using magic) to do magic spell like actions only far quicker and more powerful.

you've got magic arrays, soul entrapment abilites, and scryer recordings, and many other magical things.

you don't see magic battles like durring saint times because, anything that can be insta-cast is useless against a strong opponent, and everything else requires too much time and concentration. thats why most magic is reserved for defense. and already pre set-up.